TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

Pre-configured router help

Rate this topic

I decided to buy a router from you guys so that the VPN would work with all devices connected to my network as I don't have time to figure out how to set up my existing one. I spent all night just trying to figure out how to secure the new network and its still an open wifi that any neighbor nearby can now use. The quick start guide clearly says down the bottom of the page that I can use the online knowledgebase at torguard.net to learn how to update my username/password or to switch VPN servers. I have searched and can't find any info on this. Why not just provide the instructions with the router that I paid for? Why is it so hard to get help? I just want to set it up so that its secure and also be able to switch countries. At the moment every device on my wifi is coming up with webpages that aren't in English. Netflix now plays my video with Dutch audio over the top so I can't even watch. This is crazy. I paid to be sitting here waiting for help and a quick start guide that directs me back here with no answers on how to use the routers you sell in your store. Very frustrated and annoyed, I feel ripped off. Live support??? Hello? Now I'm told I need to run teamviewer all day sitting here waiting for an answer to a few simple questions that should be provided on your home page. The first thing people want to do when they get a new router is to secure it (SSID?) and yet you provide no instruction for this. Googling it doesn't help as the software on the router is now yours and completely different than the original ASUS router menu. Thanks for waisting my whole weekend after I was looking forward to getting my router and waited weeks for it to arrive.

Support

Hi - i believe support have already replied to your ticket with this information so i don't understand why you have to open this thread too ?

Live support is online, see bottom right hand corner.

Please see the ticket.

Regards

Bottom right hand corner of what website?

There's a green button to click but its up the top right of torguard.net and never works. I have asked a bunch of questions to support and barley had one of them answered. Where do I go for live support? You now wonder why I've opened this thread too? Perhaps I'm looking for some answers and help. Now my internet is all in Dutch and is very slow. if I can't get help I will just have to go back to my old router. I've wasted my money and time and wish I had never been talked into buying this over priced router when its now made my internet un usable and slow. I can't even watch a 5min YouTube video now. Do you think I should just shut up and put up with it after wasting my money on your product? Thanks for being so understanding.