TorGuard

DNS Leak

Rate this question

Question

I don't know if I have DNS leaks or not. I use the Torguard client.

Here is a pic:

dns_zps4750cc23.png

See, this isn't my ISP, but it isn't the country that I am using to hide my IP either. For this reason, I am not sure whether or not I have leaks. Could someone please clarify? I am kind of a newb to VPN's... Why does it say Google?

3 answers to this question

I actually did have my local ISP pop up hear under Firefox. I tried to use the fix and use a Flush DNS in CMD screen. Now TorGurad VPN Pro won't stay connected. It momentarily connects then when I try to use firefox nothing will connect.

TorGuard Admin

Windows can be notoriously DNS leaky at times... I would suggest contacting our support desk - we can activate a free copy of Viscosity for you. If your having DNS issues with TG lite, Viscosity should fix your problem.

I actually did have my local ISP pop up hear under Firefox. I tried to use the fix and use a Flush DNS in CMD screen. Now TorGurad VPN Pro won't stay connected. It momentarily connects then when I try to use firefox nothing will connect.