TorGuard
Sign in to follow this  

Seeds not connecting

Rate this question

Question

I am new to TorGuard Anonymous BitTorrent Services and wonder why I am unable to connect to most of the Seeds and Peers that I see in the Status Tab.

I installed the TorGuard Deluge that would automatically configure Deluge for TorGuard. I normally use Vuze.

When I tried downloading a file I saw this:

Seeders: 0(405)

I was finally able to connect to one seeder and downloaded at a very slow rate of speed. I am using uPnP and after unblocking my Symantec Firewall do NOT get the No Incoming Connections error message at the bottom.

I have been seeding the file for over a day and have not uploaded a single byte. The Status Tab says:

Peers: 0(4)

I suspect that while using the Anonymous BitTorrent Services from TorGuard (with encryption) that I can only connect to Peers and Seeds that are able to use encryption as well.

Is this correct or do I have something configured incorrectly?

18 answers to this question

Hi,

I had this same issue, tech support told me to set incoming ports to 1000 - 65000 in my torrent client.

Before I just had them set to connect at random..

This fixed my seeding ratio, give it a try I suspect this will work for you too :)

Thanks

I seem to be having the same issue.

On uTorrent and Deluge (Mac) I have proxy setup, downloads are fine but seeding does not get any connections.

Not Connectable or No Incoming Connections (uTorrent/Deluge).

It seems like I should be port forwarding to get Connectable, this always worked before I setup the proxy. There do not seem to be any instructions for this.

Can anyone help?

Support

Hello there - have you tried to open the ports you have set in your torrent client in your router ?

Is there a handy tutorial to open ports for routers? I am also having the same problem. Nothing is going in or out unfortunately, it just continually tries connecting to peers.

Edit:

Fixed it. I had the wrong settings applied.

Support

Thanks for letting us know :)

mrwhitefolks

I'm having this issue. Been ongoing for the past few weeks. Deluge shows "No incoming connections." Nothing will download. I tried using different proxy servers.

Any ideas?

Support
I'm having this issue. Been ongoing for the past few weeks. Deluge shows "No incoming connections." Nothing will download. I tried using different proxy servers.

Any ideas?

Hey there - can you tell us what proxy you have set and what type of trackers you are mainly using ? UDP, HTTP etc

What OS are you running ?

Regards

mrwhitefolks

Let me keep an eye on it, because a few torrents just worked.

ubuntu, deluge, iceland server...for now

Support

Are you using Deluge spumantastic ?

Regards

Support

Some version of Deluge seem to have issues with UDP, i suggest you try use Vuze.

Regards

disregard. after several reboots seems to be functioning

Vuze just sucks. I've never used a more clunky app

Support

Hey Ray - Vuze may not be the best looking or the lightest but it certainly has some good options and works better with socks5s.

Regards

Im using Vuze. Have a static ip on my CPU. Have port forwarding for both UDP and TCP going to that ip. Socks is connecting fine. Without socks, when DHT initializes I have MILLIONS of people show up. With socks on some servers I have a total of 500 or less. Chances they are seeding what I am trying to download are nil so nothing ever moves. If I turn off the use proxy for peers download is fine but obviously not anonymous. Any suggestions?

I tried changing servers too. Now I see millions of users, but still no movement on the downloads while the peer proxy setting is on.

Rtech44 - I have what appears to be the same problem - when I switch on the proxy in utorrent I get no connections - switch it off and everything works - help?