TorGuard
Oldschool

Incoming Connections and DDNS

Rate this question

Question

Oldschool

I have a media server I would like to access from outside my network. I have a DDWRT router configured so the entire network connects through TorGuard. I used to have a DDNS account and I was able to use it to connect with my server, but it looks like TorGuard does not allow incoming connections through the VPN for this purpose. Am I correct? How can I configure my setup to allow an incoming connection from the outside?

4 answers to this question

Support

We would need to open his port for you, which media server are you running ?

Regards

Support

Ok you will need to submit a ticket for this.

Regards

Alternatively you could use an iptables script to modify the mangle table to selectively route through VPN. I have tomato firmware but ddwrt should also have an area for start-up/wan-up scripts.

http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/route-only-specific-ports-through-vpn-openvpn.37240/

Post #9 is the template I used but slightly modified. You would only have to modify the last couple lines. Instead of marking all traffic as bypassing the VPN I changed it to default all connections through VPN with selective IP/port/destinations to bypass the VPN. My WAN-up script is shown below. The last 4 lines are all that I changed.

for i in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/rp_filter ; do
 echo 0 > $i
done
ip route flush table 100
ip route del default table 100
ip rule del fwmark 1 table 100
ip route flush cache
iptables -t mangle -F PREROUTING
ip route show table main | grep -Ev ^default | grep -Ev tun11 
 | while read ROUTE ; do
     ip route add table 100 $ROUTE
done
ip route add default table 100 via $(nvram get wan_gateway)
ip rule add fwmark 1 table 100
ip route flush cache

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -j MARK --set-mark 0
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -s 192.168.2.200 -p tcp --sport 32400 -j MARK --set-mark 1
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -s 192.168.2.200 -d plex.tv -j MARK --set-mark 1
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -s 192.168.2.211 -p udp --dport 443 -j MARK --set-mark 1

This line tells all traffic from the in-interface br0 (internal lan) to initially go through VPN (tun11 is vpn)

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -j MARK --set-mark 0

This line says to allow traffic from source ip 192.168.2.200 with protocol tcp from source port 32400 to bypass vpn. (Plex server)

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -s 192.168.2.200 -p tcp --sport 32400 -j MARK --set-mark 1

This line says to allow traffic from source ip ... with destination plex.tv to bypass vpn

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -s 192.168.2.200 -d plex.tv -j MARK --set-mark 1

This line says to let traffic from source ip ... with protocol udp for destination port 443 bypass vpn. (This is a separate computer with the VPN client installed)

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i br0 -s 192.168.2.211 -p udp --dport 443 -j MARK --set-mark 1