TorGuard

Any service that would allow port forwarding 80 and 443?

Rate this question

John Galt

Question

My ISP wants to take away my static IP, but I need it for work and test servers I run in my house.  Is there a service like the Dedicated VPN that will allow me to forward ports below 2000?

1 answer to this question

On 8/23/2022 at 11:02 AM, John Galt said:

My ISP wants to take away my static IP, but I need it for work and test servers I run in my house.  Is there a service like the Dedicated VPN that will allow me to forward ports below 2000?

Hey @John Galt

I Believe Port Forwarding Requires the port to be above 2048 Even for Dedicated IP's.

However Certain Ports Under 2048 Such as " 80 " or  "443" May Already!* be Open Because A lot of ports under 2048 are Common "System" ports such as SSH port 22 or  HTTP port 80 or SSL port 443 Some of those ports in the lower Range should already be Open. I am Currently Connected to the VPN and i checked Port 80/443 and the test says they are already open. Not All ports under 2048 are open though but the ones you listed Appear to be.

You can always Open a Support Ticket and talk with Support Directly , they usually reply fairly Quickly >> https://torguard.net/submitticket.php