TorGuard

Unhide the window

Rate this topic

elgin

Under Settings>general if I select any of the 4 "Hide window to taskbar" options, once the window is hidden to taskbar then I can not open the window again either from taskbar icon or from start (w10).  I have to open task manager and kill the process and start torguard again in order to get a window.  Once hidden it is hidden for good apparently and I have no more control.  Is that the way it is supposed to work?  Is there a way to get the window back once it is hidden?

Hey @elgin

Sometimes I think you just have to "Left" click the Icon in the bottom Left down by the clock more than once, in my experience sometimes a single click doesn't Bring up the Window -  but clicking it 2 or 3 times usually Does. You can Also "Right" Click the Icon in the bottom left down by the clock and it gives you an Option to "Show/Hide".

If multiple programs are running in full-screen mode such as a Browser or something - sometimes when you click the Program icon in Taskbar it Does Not bring the Window to the "Front!" of the screen, so when you click the Icon by the Clock it is opening the program but its "Behind!" the other windows you have open so clicking it multiple times or right clicking it and selecting show/hide 1 or more times usually brings the window to the Front! otherwise it's usually behind the other windows you have open.

You can always Contact @Support if you continue to have problems or suggestions > https://torguard.net/submitticket.php

In the right of the taskbar(w10)?  The "hidden" icon?  Yes, that works!  I was trying to get a response from the larger icon in the center of the taskbar and was forgetting about the hidden icons. 

Thanks for the help.

Well it's Not Always Hidden you can Click those Icons down by your clock and you can drag them around and you can drag/unhide it so it's Always Visible. The Icons that Get Hidden can be Unhidden by clicking it and dragging it out of the hidden area. Alternatively You can also right click the taskbar and Select Taskbar settings to do some Customizing in there by going into "Select Which Icons Appear on the Taskbar". Mine for example though is Always visible Never hidden

Glad you got everything Working Smoothly.