TorGuard

Issues with Uk dedicated ip

Rate this question

Chinaa108

Question

I have two dedicated IPs UK based and both have similar issues. When I’m on YouTube and several other apps they seem to think I’m in the USA and serve me ads etc based in the USA. Even movie subscriptions are shown in is dollars. This is rather annoying and I have spoken to support about this and they insist it’s all perfect that not all IPs on VPNs will show all content from the UK. So I have to choose between Netflix bbc and YouTube. But that sounds a bit odd to me. Am I the only one with this issue? I have it installed on my router with Wireguard enabled. 

2 answers to this question

I have a UK dedicated ip and don't have any issues as you describe  check your system settings. and let us know if it's connected on the router or using TG app..

Regards Don

On 7/12/2022 at 12:25 AM, Chinaa108 said:

I have two dedicated IPs UK based and both have similar issues. When I’m on YouTube and several other apps they seem to think I’m in the USA and serve me ads etc based in the USA. Even movie subscriptions are shown in is dollars. This is rather annoying and I have spoken to support about this and they insist it’s all perfect that not all IPs on VPNs will show all content from the UK. So I have to choose between Netflix bbc and YouTube. But that sounds a bit odd to me. Am I the only one with this issue? I have it installed on my router with Wireguard enabled. 

Couple of things you can do, when you are on the UK dedicated IP, check google.com and at the way bottom left, where is google detecting you at? stateside or in the UK? google is with youtube, so if google is detecting your IP as stateside, then you need to file a report IP problem with google and tell them that your IP is an UK IP and not USA, it may take a couple of days or even a couple of weeks, but they do change it, here is the link: https://support.google.com/websearch/workflow/9308722?hl=en I have fixed TG dedicated IPs that say they are like in UAE when its actually in the US.

Second thing, is you can get youtube premium, so there will be no US ads at all, but you will still see the USD when you purchase movies, another thing you can do, is do a smart DNS like ControlD.com and have it redirect youtube to the UK, but be aware sometimes their proxies are not that fast, and you may buffer when streaming 4K content on youtube. Also it will effect google of course to be in the UK which is what you want.