TorGuard

Is Torguard blocked in Russia?

Rate this topic

No connection on my mobile device (4G mobile internet), but everything works via the home internet. There was news that the government is blocking VPN services.
Is there anything you can do in the future on your part?

It should not be blocked, it seems torguard has some network issues currently. Depending on your net, from Moscow I got over 1Gbit to US/Canada servers, but mostly only 300/400Mbit to EU's, connection to EU seems to be problematic.

EDIT: Which news reported this nonsense? Gov is not blocking vpn services, nor they will. It might be western gov's who want to cut russia from net, but even then all your connections to china and other asian countries would work.

Well I live in Russia and every public Torguard IP is blocked by the Roskomnadzor

For some reason they didn't blocked the website but the public VPN IPs

Did you try every ip? Please try following ips:

Roscomnadzor did block several providers, but not torguard. Can you show me roscomnadzor's statement about blocking torguard? There is no news outlet reporting it either (including russian state media).

I tried each IP on your list with OpenVPN and Wireguard.

None of them is working.

It also could be possible that the mobile carriers / providers is blocking themself. They did it with the Tor Network, before Roscomnadzor enforce it.

Also Torguard did have problems with Roscomnadzor in the past for refusing to share data:

https://torguard.net/blog/why-torguard-has-removed-all-russian-servers/

TorGuard never had problems with roscomnadzor, if expressing that way, then every IT company has problems with Roscomnadzor. TorGuard decided back then to get rid of all servers in Russia as they did not wish to cooperate and put on stake customer data, however, later it was resolved, so far, TorGuard has never had problems with Roscomnadzor. Like I said, show me any public announcement from Roscomnadzor as I do not find any (even if it is in russian, please post a source saying explicitly to have blocked TorGuard VPN).

You can connect your phone in tethered mode to your pc where you can set different dns etc.

Do you use torguard client or did you try native wireguard/openvpn clients?

Which mobile provider do you use?

If nothing works, then you can get from yandex cloud a server in moscow to which you can connect and that server is then your peer to torguard network.

@vpnmennx if your mobile provider for some reason blocks it in some way, ask torguard support for private IP. The IP's I gave you are from M247 in Moscow (Ul. Berzarina 36, str. 3, Moscow, 123060, Russia) and are within Russia, they are not blocked, just checked it, you can send email to roscomnadzor and m247 to ask and verify before accusing your mobile provider, however, ensure first to have tested it with different dns servers.

I testet it with Megafon, Beeline and MTS. It just refuses to connect. Thats it.

I already using a streaming IP so that is not a problem for me.

7 hours ago, 19807409 said:

EDIT: Which news reported this nonsense? Gov is not blocking vpn services, nor they will. It might be western gov's who want to cut russia from net, but even then all your connections to china and other asian countries would work.

Kinda funny that you accuse me for blaming a russian ministery.

At the same breath blaming western goverment for cutting off russian internet.

I only told you about my experience.

36 minutes ago, vpnmennx said:

Kinda funny that you accuse me for blaming a russian ministery

Where did I accuse you of anything? Can you read this:

20 hours ago, 12301023 said:

There was news that the government is blocking VPN services.
Is there anything you can do in the future on your part?

Can you reply to me, how did it come to the point that you feel accused of something if it is clear that my reply was neither to you nor a comment about anything personally connected, in the quote you can read that word news is used and therefore I asked which news outlet reported this nonsense, it is probably out of touch to tell you that western journalism is based on fake news because they do spread fake news and fake stories, thats why western govs tried to silence any news opposing their view, like current conflict, well, west did turn a blind eye for 8 years in which over 14.000 civilians were killed, now you can show me all the western journliasts and reporters who reported about it? Ah, well, I am stupid to explain it at all if one did not get it by Assange's faith, topic closed I guess.

36 minutes ago, vpnmennx said:

At the same breath blaming western goverment for cutting off russian internet.

You should blame western countries for proposing those sanctions, I neither proposed them nor suggested any of it. It is not blaming, it is a fact.

37 minutes ago, vpnmennx said:

I only told you about my experience.

I just tried to help you, I am still not sure what motivation lead you to mirepresents what I wrote.

57 minutes ago, vpnmennx said:

I testet it with Megafon, Beeline and MTS. It just refuses to connect. Thats it.

I already using a streaming IP so that is not a problem for me.

Megafone, Beeline and MTS worked fine, yandex servers connect to it too. Did you already ask support and if there is any known issue? All russian servers work for me right now. You did not mention if your stream ip works, as that one should work even if publicly known torguard ip's are blocked. Depending on which client you use, you could enable debugging to see what is going on. As last, please check which dns servers you use and change them, like here: https://dnsleaktest.com/

33 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

Can you reply to me, how did it come to the point that you feel accused of something if it is clear that my reply was neither to you nor a comment about anything personally connected, in the quote you can read that word news is used and therefore I asked which news outlet reported this nonsense, it is probably out of touch to tell you that western journalism is based on fake news because they do spread fake news and fake stories, thats why western govs tried to silence any news opposing their view, like current conflict, well, west did turn a blind eye for 8 years in which over 14.000 civilians were killed, now you can show me all the western journliasts and reporters who reported about it? Ah, well, I am stupid to explain it at all if one did not get it by Assange's faith, topic closed I guess.

Well I know that the western goverments did a lot of human right violations especially Israel, but Russia is not better with their "special military operiation"  in Ukraine.

Oh and it's not like they kill or poison anyone who dares to critisize Putin or it's not like you face 15 years of prison if you tell that their "special military operiation" is a war.

No no russia good west bad.

2 hours ago, vpnmennx said:

Well I know that the western goverments did a lot of human right violations especially Israel, but Russia is not better with their "special military operiation"  in Ukraine.

Oh and it's not like they kill or poison anyone who dares to critisize Putin or it's not like you face 15 years of prison if you tell that their "special military operiation" is a war.

No no russia good west bad.

He's a pathetic bot/troll, you can tell that from his first comment. Ignore him. He can't even google what Roskomnadzor said about limiting Proton VPN and other services.

@vpnmennx @12301023 I see, it is not about vpn in this thread, but about you two supporting ukro nazis, so why do you bother when people call you openly nazis, you support nazis. In both cases you seem to disrespect russians in calling it putin, putin is elected president of russia. Funny that you accuse everybody informing you properly to be a bot. @vpnmennx stop blabling about human right violations after there are millions of death and displaced people worldwide by what you call western did a lot ... . Lastly, west has started over 70 wars, most illegaly since WW2, so, no, west is not in opposition to give advices.

And no, nobody is killed or poisoned, the only people who were poisoned outside of russia were poisoned by western agencies, but yeah, you do not ask yourself what happened to litvinenko nor you do ask yourself what happened with skripals and why your govs are now silent, sure, you are brainwashed from fake news released back then, you never read in media excuses to such fake reports as such excuses are not posted on the frontpage. Lulz, you both are minions, in Ukraine western boys are used as canon fodder. It seems also that you both were ok with killing as long as west kills, pure hypocrites you both, both uneducated, but remember, it is your problem.

@Support considering the user lies about non working vpn, I guess this thread is resolved, real intention of OP was to start some discussion about russia, guess thread can be closed.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gderf said:

Maybe, but there is no news about crackdown going on and torguard vpn seems still to work, therefore maybe is specualation, maybe some vpn, maybe all vpn, but for now torguard has no issues with roscomnadzor, at least not publicly known.

On 6/3/2022 at 11:06 PM, 19807409 said:

Maybe, but there is no news about crackdown going on and torguard vpn seems still to work, therefore maybe is specualation, maybe some vpn, maybe all vpn, but for now torguard has no issues with roscomnadzor, at least not publicly known.

VPN doesn't work for me on desktop, though. And that happened exactly after another fit of RKN's rage that blocked QUIC protocol among other things. That one isn't even normally a part of VPN connections, it's mostly used by web browsers.

Interestingly, the only thing that lets me use TorGuard on mobile is the Stealth Server setting that's been removed on desktop.

On 6/11/2022 at 4:02 AM, Morsealworth said:

VPN doesn't work for me on desktop, though. And that happened exactly after another fit of RKN's rage that blocked QUIC protocol among other things. That one isn't even normally a part of VPN connections, it's mostly used by web browsers.

Interestingly, the only thing that lets me use TorGuard on mobile is the Stealth Server setting that's been removed on desktop.

There Might still be a Stealth Option For Desktop it's Just Not Super Easy Figuring out what Combination of Settings it requires. 

I think For Stealth you have to Select OpenVPN - Keep in mind Torguard Now Supports "WinTUN" in Settings you can Select OpenVPN Driver TAP/WinTUN , WinTUN is Much Faster! > and then Select Specific Options Like TCP and Port 4443. I Believe once Those Settings are Configured Correctly it Uses Stealth Automatically. There Might even Be Other Options you can try Like "Enable SSL"

Hopefully it gets Easier to use in the future.

@Morsealworth do you have a link about blocking specifically QUIC and not Google's services being badly raped on traffic? QUIC is by Google and google's services will be quite slashed as in Ru they restarted discussion of who and why allowed google applications to be preinstalled as well as why those people said it was impossible not to do it, where it was quickly done after people on those positions were replaced. I guess now they will start a lot of suggestions, but whatever they try, the result will be quite the same, you can not cut ru from internet and the same way goes around, ru can not cut itself from internet. For now you should not relay on any google services if you are in Russia, especially if it is a business, you have to look for alternatives to google services and there are plenty. About torguard, well, the countries where my real ip's come from, they are all private and real but blocked in ru (not sure why exactly), but quite all torguard servers which I tried, all worked with russian services, well not just ru, any country I tried, including those already publicly marked as shared ip's. If torguard vpn stops working, then it will not happen without torguard announcing about it. If you experience issues with torguard client you should contact support, I do not use torguard client, but instead official protocol clients. For stealth option, @Dav1d gave you already few tips, if you are unsure, do not hesitate to contact support. If you are looking for alternatives, starting with i2p and ending with your own private vpn's, I guess one could start already with something like this.

On 6/12/2022 at 10:59 PM, Dav1d said:

There Might still be a Stealth Option For Desktop it's Just Not Super Easy Figuring out what Combination of Settings it requires. 

I think For Stealth you have to Select OpenVPN - Keep in mind Torguard Now Supports "WinTUN" in Settings you can Select OpenVPN Driver TAP/WinTUN , WinTUN is Much Faster! > and then Select Specific Options Like TCP and Port 4443. I Believe once Those Settings are Configured Correctly it Uses Stealth Automatically. There Might even Be Other Options you can try Like "Enable SSL"

Hopefully it gets Easier to use in the future.

I contacted support, in fact, and they gave me a link to an older version of the client which still had the proxy function. It works perfectly, in fact. All that I have left is to find the new address of the Ad Blocking DNS and I'm set.