Jump to content
TorGuard

Need help with Qbittorent

Rate this topic


CrashCrash
 Share

Recommended Posts

Received an email from IP provider stating that I was sharing a file.  I checked my qbittorent with VPN on the site ipleak and found that the VPN IP is being provided as well as my IP.  Both IP are showing. Mine is showing as ipv4.  How do I prevent this?  

Edited by CrashCrash
new thoughts
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CrashCrash changed the title to Need help with Qbittorent
4 hours ago, CrashCrash said:

Received an email from IP provider stating that I was sharing a file.  I checked my qbittorent with VPN on the site ipleak and found that the VPN IP is being provided as well as my IP.  Both IP are showing. Mine is showing as ipv4.  How do I prevent this?  

You should go to Tools>Options in QBittorrent and then choose the Advanced option in the side panel. Change "Network interface" to that of the VPN. For example, this is how mine is configured. I've pointed it to the WireGuard network interface, named "wg-torguard", and this results in torrents refusing to connect or download in any way *unless* I have an active connection to the VPN. Picture below for reference. Never had any issues from ISPs with this method.

image.png.baba60c201c8e1f0372e025632d8bfcb.png

Afer that's done and you've restarted QBittorrent, use this tool that TG provides to check your torrent IP. It should only show the VPN server's IP you're connected to.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not enough information provided.

 

What version of Qbittorrent and OS are you running and how is it configured in Settings | Advanced | Network Interface: and Optional IP address to bind to: ?

Also, you should always be running one or more torrent IP checkers and if they report your real IP don't run any other torrents until you fix this.

https://torguard.net/checkmytorrentipaddress.php

https://trak.evilvibes.com/

https://ipmagnet.services.cbcdn.com/

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 5/17/2022 at 5:04 PM, Cytane89 said:

You should go to Tools>Options in QBittorrent and then choose the Advanced option in the side panel. Change "Network interface" to that of the VPN. For example, this is how mine is configured. I've pointed it to the WireGuard network interface, named "wg-torguard", and this results in torrents refusing to connect or download in any way *unless* I have an active connection to the VPN. Picture below for reference. Never had any issues from ISPs with this method.

image.png.baba60c201c8e1f0372e025632d8bfcb.png

Afer that's done and you've restarted QBittorrent, use this tool that TG provides to check your torrent IP. It should only show the VPN server's IP you're connected to.

THIS WORKS PERFECTLY!

Thank you!!... the only thing that I might add to this is that you have to have Torguard running when you go into the settings on qbittorent or it will not see the wireguard network.  That's for any newbies like myself.  Tried this again with ipleak magnet link and it only shows the torguard ip.  thank you for the help and very easy to follow instructions. You're a godsend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@StormyStorm if you followed what @Cytane89 wrote then you have set it up properly, just want to add few notes. Your vpn should not leak too. If you use original client or older torguard version, you might leak over IPv6. Your qbittorent is set up now properly, latest torguard client does route ipv6 traffic too, for own wireguard config use 0.0.0.0/0,::/0 instead of just 0.0.0.0/0 . Where ::/0 means ipv6 traffic is routed also over torguard peer ensuring that you do not leak. In general, disable ipv6 is the advice.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

The above solution has not worked for me. Namely when I go to advanced options in qbittorent I do not see Torguard as an option under "Network Interface"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, stioffan said:

The above solution has not worked for me. Namely when I go to advanced options in qbittorent I do not see Torguard as an option under "Network Interface"


Hey @stioffan :)

I Recommend Using The Wireguard Protocol "Best for speed" -  I Believe Torguard Needs to be Running and Connected!! to a Server for the VPN "Network Interface" To be Visible Within The QBittorrent Settings. If Torguard is Not Running/Connected to a Server Location Then you will Not be able to see the Option in Qbittorrent Settings.

Please Keep in Mind you Can always Contact @Support For Assistance Using the Ticket System , They Usually Reply Fairly Quickly >>> https://torguard.net/submitticket.php

Here is a Picture of the Network Interface Option That is Listed when using "Wireguard" While Connected to the VPN. >>>

 

network interface.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Dav1d said:


Hey @stioffan :)

I Recommend Using The Wireguard Protocol "Best for speed" -  I Believe Torguard Needs to be Running and Connected!! to a Server for the VPN "Network Interface" To be Visible Within The QBittorrent Settings. If Torguard is Not Running/Connected to a Server Location Then you will Not be able to see the Option in Qbittorrent Settings.

Please Keep in Mind you Can always Contact @Support For Assistance Using the Ticket System , They Usually Reply Fairly Quickly >>> https://torguard.net/submitticket.php

Here is a Picture of the Network Interface Option That is Listed when using "Wireguard" While Connected to the VPN. >>>

 

network interface.jpg

That was the missing piece for me @Dav1d ...making sure Wireguard was being used by torguard/ Thanks for that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...