TorGuard

Need help with setting up dedicated IP on ASUS RT-AX88U

Rate this topic

BlueIvy216

Hello,

We're in the US and have been using TorGuard VPN for a few years. We recently purchased a dedicated IP and need assistance on setting everything up on our ASUS RT-AX88U, which allows us to set up the VPN on the router directly in order for all devices connected to automatically be behind the VPN.

Since I've never done anything like this before, I'm hoping to get some advice on setting everything up correctly.  Any assistance would be very appreciated. 

Thank you!

On 4/20/2022 at 3:44 PM, BlueIvy216 said:

Hello,

We're in the US and have been using TorGuard VPN for a few years. We recently purchased a dedicated IP and need assistance on setting everything up on our ASUS RT-AX88U, which allows us to set up the VPN on the router directly in order for all devices connected to automatically be behind the VPN.

Since I've never done anything like this before, I'm hoping to get some advice on setting everything up correctly.  Any assistance would be very appreciated. 

Thank you!

Hey there,

Did you manage to get this sorted out on our support desk? 

Regards

Yes, and no.  Still not exactly sure what, if any, changes should be made with regards to the LAN or WAN. "Advance Settings", in the router.  Initially when I signed up with TorGuard, I needed to make several changes to the LAN and WAN. but after a Firmware update to my ASUS router, it looks like the setting reverted to there original default settings.  Today, ASUS informed me that a new firmware update was being recommended.  I'm encountering a lot of dropping of streaming shows as of late (especially Live Sows), and was wondering if it might be due to some settings needing updating on my router to reflect the new dedicated IP address.      

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 1:04 AM, BlueIvy216 said:

Yes, and no.  Still not exactly sure what, if any, changes should be made with regards to the LAN or WAN. "Advance Settings", in the router.  Initially when I signed up with TorGuard, I needed to make several changes to the LAN and WAN. but after a Firmware update to my ASUS router, it looks like the setting reverted to there original default settings.  Today, ASUS informed me that a new firmware update was being recommended.  I'm encountering a lot of dropping of streaming shows as of late (especially Live Sows), and was wondering if it might be due to some settings needing updating on my router to reflect the new dedicated IP address.      

If running your RT-AX88U with OpenVPN Client or as an OpenVPN server then you will want to flash your router with Merlin firmware. It elevates Asus routers to the next level for OpenVPN tweeks, settings, features and performance. 

https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net

Asus-RT86U-Merlin.jpg