TorGuard

Need help with router settings...

Rate this question

Bob

Question

Ok, so I think I figured out why this is not working for me. I watched a bunch of vids and followed all instructions on setting up utorrent (3.3.1) everything is correct including my login details in utorent. I have a cisco linksys router and i think i need to set the port forwarding to 1080. I am not familiar with adv. router settings so i dont want to screw anything up with my normal net connection.

In utorrent i selected socks5 and using a Toronto, Canada proxy, I am on east coast USA but i assume i have to use a proxy that has the green check under socks5 under "my servers" (right?) All the boxes are checked and port is 1080.

6 answers to this question

Okay I figured it out YAY! One more question, Im on east coast N.Y. and in the "MY Servers" list do i have to use one that has a green check under socks5? Socks5 is what utorrent is set at. I choose a Toronto IP.

Support

Yes :) or you can use the socks5 text file at the top of the My servers section for a list of all socks5 servers.

Regards