Jump to content
TorGuard

TorGuard to block us torrent traffic

Rate this topic


Brainbleach
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Tom Foolery said:

Do you think this applies to their TorGuard Proxy Service (socket) as well?

Derp. Disregard. I found this thread after reading a different article. I now see the OP linked article obviously discusses the proxy Service.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Tom Foolery said:

Derp. Disregard. I found this thread after reading a different article. I now see the OP linked article obviously discusses the proxy Service.


The Changes Relate to Only USA Servers Whether it is Proxy or VPN ,  Bittorrent Protocol Will Be Blocked on USA Servers Even if it is Legal!* Bittorrent Usage Such as Linux ISO's. 

It Most Likely Will Not Effect The Socks Network Though as I Would Imagine Likely* There Will No Longer Be USA Servers Within the Socks Network, Since there Will No Longer Be USA IP's/Servers for Socks5 then It should Not Effect Socks5. I Believe Most of the Socks Servers are Canada Based Now.

So Since the Socks5 Network No Longer Uses USA Based Servers The Bittorrent Blocking Will Be Specifically In Place on the "Main" VPN Network - USA Servers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

US turns slowly but surely into a history dump. For one I would expect any side to actually release court documents, not somebody posting somebodie's conclusion. Next point would be the fact that TorGuard is US based company and has to follow court decisions. Those facts were known for long time, now crying that TorGuard has to do something because of the gov., well, write to the courts and white house if you want to complain, but I guess max. possible result is that you will end up in jail or got beaten (physically or morally). What else can you? Well, just dont spend any money on any company with MPAA behind, boycot them, however, this is called mostly self harming and has no effect if majority does not join, another option is of course to download their products from outside US,  which will have opposite effect of court decision, as US has no control of most ressources outside US, leading maybe to MPAA and demential government to put iron curtain and isolate itself from the rest of world (which might make happy any of countries where US started wars since WW2). Whatever, point is this court decision should not affect your ability to use torrents and even if you did use us servers, better not even if allowed. 

 

I doubt all of this has only to do with torrenting, remember, with or without vpn/socks, you are not anon and if in US torrents are forbidden, do not guess, be sure, meaning dont use at all US servers for torrenting (now you cant anyway).

 

About no log: this is probably what TorGuard neither can tell nor would say if they knew, lately Chinese minister blamed and called US a hacking empire because US hacks continuosly chinese infrastructure to stage attacks on russia. Cyberwar is already in full gear and US wants to have control over all vpn providers operating in US. TorGuard has changed nothing on no log policy, but one has to know that their servers could be hacked and all no log data would be retrieved, example would be wireguard where the ip resides in memory until reboot/reconnect. Just keep that in mind. I can't claim enough, do not use commercial vpn's if you commit crime, but better advice should be do not commit crime at all and you have nothing to fear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 19807409 said:

US turns slowly but surely into a history dump. For one I would expect any side to actually release court documents, not somebody posting somebodie's conclusion. Next point would be the fact that TorGuard is US based company and has to follow court decisions. Those facts were known for long time, now crying that TorGuard has to do something because of the gov., well, write to the courts and white house if you want to complain, but I guess max. possible result is that you will end up in jail or got beaten (physically or morally). What else can you? Well, just dont spend any money on any company with MPAA behind, boycot them, however, this is called mostly self harming and has no effect if majority does not join, another option is of course to download their products from outside US,  which will have opposite effect of court decision, as US has no control of most ressources outside US, leading maybe to MPAA and demential government to put iron curtain and isolate itself from the rest of world (which might make happy any of countries where US started wars since WW2). Whatever, point is this court decision should not affect your ability to use torrents and even if you did use us servers, better not even if allowed. 

 

I doubt all of this has only to do with torrenting, remember, with or without vpn/socks, you are not anon and if in US torrents are forbidden, do not guess, be sure, meaning dont use at all US servers for torrenting (now you cant anyway).

 

About no log: this is probably what TorGuard neither can tell nor would say if they knew, lately Chinese minister blamed and called US a hacking empire because US hacks continuosly chinese infrastructure to stage attacks on russia. Cyberwar is already in full gear and US wants to have control over all vpn providers operating in US. TorGuard has changed nothing on no log policy, but one has to know that their servers could be hacked and all no log data would be retrieved, example would be wireguard where the ip resides in memory until reboot/reconnect. Just keep that in mind. I can't claim enough, do not use commercial vpn's if you commit crime, but better advice should be do not commit crime at all and you have nothing to fear.

 

The US is still fighting the Civil Wars from the 1500's. The first black man to be the president came after the first man in space but it has come a very long way.

 

Hitler was an immigrant but it really took the US to help illegal immigrants from Africa who were forced by boat to the US to show the entire world just how much progress has been made.

 

The Civil Wars were the worst wars in the history of the earth since more amputations happened than any other war and the higher caliber bullets of musket rifles could mean worst than death.

 

The US was the first country to show the entire world just what communism really was and made that difference for the refugees from Africa from America's civil war backed by Lincoln who supported the one party system and could have jobs made by the government (affirmative action) and the same living wages for everyone (equal opportunity). 

 

Gay is now a human thing in the US and it was unheard of for centuries. Women's suffrage has lost the sight of most current events but who knows this TorGuard decision is just the beginning.

 

The US has powerful allies like some mentioned the Canadians who still have an active duty cavalry and do not believe in these ideas of race laws or even illegal immigration. Also the British who had to raise Diana's children, orphans in the face of the empire, and just recently fought their own civil wars against the Irish and Scottish. They have their own territories now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hitler was Austrian, he and his buddies left Austria leaving few dead bodies, normally such things should be known if they would be teached in school, but no, we had today whole Candian and EU's parlament shouting nazi slogans from world war 2.

Most Nazis fled and found housing in US, many came in over Canada. NASA is best example of how ex nazi's were given housing. Isnt Fort Detrick too a place where US worked and biological weapons, where again ex nazi germans found a place for work.

I doubt US could have shown to anybody what communism is (maybe Vietnam? or atomic bombs on Japan?) as US citizens have no clue what communism is, and if one asks them what socialism is they get into meltdown equaling it to communism, so far not much can be added, education is always light in the dark, propaganda and lies are leading only to more suffering and problems.

Gay is not a human thing today, you are wrong, it is women who lost quite a lot even their right to participate against other woman, isnt it US which calls now mothers officially breast feeder? Back to point, gay is not normal, transgender and lgbt rights seem to be the only value of western countries, thats above normal.

Womens Suffrage has lost the sight, sure, but only for western hemisphere.

Today Italians in Pisa denied to load humanitarian plane going to Ukraine because there was no humanitarian aid but military equipment, grenades etc..., they denied to load any of it and denounced making more fire by delivering more weapons under humanitarian aid.

What I at least see is nazi ideology hiding under democracy flag and all of that is not a problem of torguard, torguard is not politicaly oriented company and the only result of all those crazy things happening in the world is that torguard as well as other companies suffer on mainly financially, but humans do too, just look at the bottom of the bottoms, where US pretends to blame another country for their gasoline prices, tiktokers were in white house and were adviced to blog how other country is at fault because of prices, but nobody should mention that it is US who actually stopped imports, however, it would not wonder if demential president simply forgot it or remembers it differently, but one has to believe that usa is banana republic to think that senile president means senile staff.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

Hitler was Austrian, he and his buddies left Austria leaving few dead bodies, normally such things should be known if they would be teached in school, but no, we had today whole Candian and EU's parlament shouting nazi slogans from world war 2.

Most Nazis fled and found housing in US, many came in over Canada. NASA is best example of how ex nazi's were given housing. Isnt Fort Detrick too a place where US worked and biological weapons, where again ex nazi germans found a place for work.

I doubt US could have shown to anybody what communism is (maybe Vietnam? or atomic bombs on Japan?) as US citizens have no clue what communism is, and if one asks them what socialism is they get into meltdown equaling it to communism, so far not much can be added, education is always light in the dark, propaganda and lies are leading only to more suffering and problems.

Gay is not a human thing today, you are wrong, it is women who lost quite a lot even their right to participate against other woman, isnt it US which calls now mothers officially breast feeder? Back to point, gay is not normal, transgender and lgbt rights seem to be the only value of western countries, thats above normal.

Womens Suffrage has lost the sight, sure, but only for western hemisphere.

Today Italians in Pisa denied to load humanitarian plane going to Ukraine because there was no humanitarian aid but military equipment, grenades etc..., they denied to load any of it and denounced making more fire by delivering more weapons under humanitarian aid.

What I at least see is nazi ideology hiding under democracy flag and all of that is not a problem of torguard, torguard is not politicaly oriented company and the only result of all those crazy things happening in the world is that torguard as well as other companies suffer on mainly financially, but humans do too, just look at the bottom of the bottoms, where US pretends to blame another country for their gasoline prices, tiktokers were in white house and were adviced to blog how other country is at fault because of prices, but nobody should mention that it is US who actually stopped imports, however, it would not wonder if demential president simply forgot it or remembers it differently, but one has to believe that usa is banana republic to think that senile president means senile staff.

 

Haha by no means was I being serious I'm sorry if my comments sounded literal!

But I agree Nazi is one thing but the French used to deport prisoners to other countries even with French citizenship (see: Papillon) maybe Guantanamo is the evolution of imperialism. We have to think like the retards who did this to us.. to TorGuard..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No problem, we actually should not discuss about anything political here, this is probably my last post to that topic.

Interesting what you say about French, I will tell you something that every French is ashamed of, also something that should have been teached in school. Look up who was the last defending Berlin and Nazi's? It were french. One has always to compare other countries and what they did at that time and this is something which nobody does, scrap what french did, look at the time of WW2 and check out how many prisons were in USA and in all other countries including France, in which conditions were those jailed etc.. . During the meeting of Red Army and Americans, it was american generals who called on russians not to allow black people (I will not write how they called them) to sit together with white people. Russians denied this wish and said that every person can decide where he will sit and eat.

French and British actually were pushing HItler to East, western Europe was taken by the nazis without really any loss, if I remember it well, some countries surrendered without fight within 15 minutes, this is the reason why 90% of german military was destroyed in east.

One has to understand fully the reasons for the first world war to understand that second was the continuation of unresolved conflict.

Guantamo is against any human rights, it is very cynical of all western countries being silent about it, but mainly it is americans who allow it who should be ashamed, but so far I see they are not as Guantamo still operates. However, it cant be seriously meant to compare Papillion to Guantanamo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

No problem, we actually should not discuss about anything political here, this is probably my last post to that topic.

Interesting what you say about French, I will tell you something that every French is ashamed of, also something that should have been teached in school. Look up who was the last defending Berlin and Nazi's? It were french. One has always to compare other countries and what they did at that time and this is something which nobody does, scrap what french did, look at the time of WW2 and check out how many prisons were in USA and in all other countries including France, in which conditions were those jailed etc.. . During the meeting of Red Army and Americans, it was american generals who called on russians not to allow black people (I will not write how they called them) to sit together with white people. Russians denied this wish and said that every person can decide where he will sit and eat.

French and British actually were pushing HItler to East, western Europe was taken by the nazis without really any loss, if I remember it well, some countries surrendered without fight within 15 minutes, this is the reason why 90% of german military was destroyed in east.

One has to understand fully the reasons for the first world war to understand that second was the continuation of unresolved conflict.

Guantamo is against any human rights, it is very cynical of all western countries being silent about it, but mainly it is americans who allow it who should be ashamed, but so far I see they are not as Guantamo still operates. However, it cant be seriously meant to compare Papillion to Guantanamo.

 

I agree no comparison between Papillon and Guantanamo.

 

However Papillon is a true story and he did make his way back into France to publish his account of what happened and lately it was remastered into a motion picture.

 

TorGuard's court mandated block on BitTorrent on US servers isn't so bad compared to what happened to people like Kim Dotcom who argued he had no way to know for certain what content was hosted on his servers or what his users were doing. He started Mega after MegaUpload.

 

I'm glad things didn't go so out of control in this instance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my eyes, it is even better now, because other people might have used US servers to just get snooped, now they at least can not use it. Considering high speeds, where one in EU gets full ISP speed over US or Japan server, it really does not matter if you download over a server with higher distance.

Kim Dotcom was living in wrong country to actually get in the fight with US government which seeked some global agenda and if people like Kim stay in the way they get removed, he is lucky and I personally am unsure about Kim. If one wants to talk about what US gov. did to somebody, then it is Julian Assange, as Kim Dotcom is enjoying his life while Assange rots in british prison.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 19807409 said:

In my eyes, it is even better now, because other people might have used US servers to just get snooped, now they at least can not use it. Considering high speeds, where one in EU gets full ISP speed over US or Japan server, it really does not matter if you download over a server with higher distance.

Kim Dotcom was living in wrong country to actually get in the fight with US government which seeked some global agenda and if people like Kim stay in the way they get removed, he is lucky and I personally am unsure about Kim. If one wants to talk about what US gov. did to somebody, then it is Julian Assange, as Kim Dotcom is enjoying his life while Assange rots in british prison.

 

Haha I agree with what you say regarding Kim. I don't think his venture MegaUpload was intentionally to start a political problem. 

 

Kim is very smart just have a look at how solid Mega is as a product.

 

However, it's a new day for a lot of these companies who still ignore how competition helps innovation and thanks to intellectual property rights they can govern most eyes of corruption within themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mega is quite a good free product, they were the only one had linux client, currently some other have it too, but mega's client is really good and works without bugs. Pricing on other side is only something that lets your eyebrows go up, it is way too expensive. However, if you want to sync all your settings etc.. except large files, then it is perfect. I used to register one account per machine where when reinstalled, I simply needed to install megaclient and sync to get everything back. So far at that point all other applications either failed to do so or there was data loss.

However, there were few issues, one of them was simply closure of accounts for no reason, I even did not bother to waste time and ask, when it first time happened, I registered new account, when it happened for the second time, I dumped Mega from all pc's and use some better more modern alternative which is also much cheaper.

I have personally nothing against Kim, especially as I do not know him in person, it would be wrong from me to comment if he is good or bad and as I cant trust media, there is no way for me to form any opinion which I could express publicly. Back then I read a lot about him, scamming schemes etc.., but none of it I could verify and say it is truth or it is not truth. I am happy that he did not have same faith as Assange and instead he contributed in creation of something usefull, which Mega is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 19807409 said:

Mega is quite a good free product, they were the only one had linux client, currently some other have it too, but mega's client is really good and works without bugs. Pricing on other side is only something that lets your eyebrows go up, it is way too expensive. However, if you want to sync all your settings etc.. except large files, then it is perfect. I used to register one account per machine where when reinstalled, I simply needed to install megaclient and sync to get everything back. So far at that point all other applications either failed to do so or there was data loss.

However, there were few issues, one of them was simply closure of accounts for no reason, I even did not bother to waste time and ask, when it first time happened, I registered new account, when it happened for the second time, I dumped Mega from all pc's and use some better more modern alternative which is also much cheaper.

I have personally nothing against Kim, especially as I do not know him in person, it would be wrong from me to comment if he is good or bad and as I cant trust media, there is no way for me to form any opinion which I could express publicly. Back then I read a lot about him, scamming schemes etc.., but none of it I could verify and say it is truth or it is not truth. I am happy that he did not have same faith as Assange and instead he contributed in creation of something usefull, which Mega is.

 

Who cares?

 

It's never in our reputation it's always the policies which misguided the population coming straight from the officials who blocked BitTorrent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BukkakeBlaster said:

It's never in our reputation it's always the policies which misguided the population coming straight from the officials who blocked BitTorrent.

But policies are always written by politics which on other side are choosen by people (except when congress gives a s... about people and override it). Intersting would be a poll of every country where torrent is forbiden to find out what citizens can say about it. It is total nonsense to ban torrent especially as ISP's can filter quickly out not only if it is torrent but also which one it is and if it is pirating, then one gets a bill per post. That is  how it is in some EU countries, torrents are not forbidden, technology is not forbidden, but it is forbidden to download what is considered illegal.

As last, it was one judge who blocked it and TorGuard could appeal, but as far as publicly available they came to agreement, meaning TorGuard is not going to appeal anything and MPAA will ??stop?? harrasing torguard. However, all of this is just guessing and one really should see publicly unredacted court decision, otherwise we will never know what the agreement is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

But policies are always written by politics which on other side are choosen by people (except when congress gives a s... about people and override it). Intersting would be a poll of every country where torrent is forbiden to find out what citizens can say about it. It is total nonsense to ban torrent especially as ISP's can filter quickly out not only if it is torrent but also which one it is and if it is pirating, then one gets a bill per post. That is  how it is in some EU countries, torrents are not forbidden, technology is not forbidden, but it is forbidden to download what is considered illegal.

As last, it was one judge who blocked it and TorGuard could appeal, but as far as publicly available they came to agreement, meaning TorGuard is not going to appeal anything and MPAA will ??stop?? harrasing torguard. However, all of this is just guessing and one really should see publicly unredacted court decision, otherwise we will never know what the agreement is.

 

Policies can be made by anyone. Laws cannot. These people made this a policy for TorGuard. Realistically I entirely understand what you are saying and what rationale is there or how can TorGuard be responsible for upholding the law that the government is ultimately responsible for?

 

It's very easy to make laws but it's a very different thing to enforce laws in a manner that is ethical and not illegal. Since torrenting can't kill anyone and the cost to users is still less than the cost to the MPAA enforcement of this policy at the discretion of what is ethical and possible was the point they can all make.

 

In the end it made more sense to understand the technology and how there was no transparency from TorGuard to even have any idea of how or what users do on what server and to have to enforce a new set of policies in light of a copyright infringement lawsuit made by the MPAA brought against them made no sense AT ALL since they cannot even be responsible or accountable for any of it. If TorGuard and all of us must willingly comply with this court order for something no one can do anything about can't we be compensated as users? 

 

How much would it cost to protect digital content? Is the lawsuit even worth it?

 

Edit: I remember Sony Cinavia protection and even encryption methods used by movie studios to stop movie piracy. DRM is great and all but that's not even TorGuard's problem.

 

Edit: TorGuard should let them use a two factor authentication system to verify digital movie downloads from the movie studios and through a hashing algorithm fingerprint users who legally acquire those movies. That's one long term answer. Maybe we should write one and donate it to defend TorGuard!

Edited by BukkakeBlaster
Add info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess we were speaking about different things calling it policies. The court and judges are responsible for court decisions, not govs and TorGuard has to respect court decision, if they do not respect it, then there should be appeal but even if that fails torguard has to respect it. That is a question where you do found your company and if your company is US based then you can expect quite a lot of what is happening, it is not a secret that in VPN world it is a big factor if VPN provider is under X blind eyes, simply because those VPN companies have to screw all their customers if gov request it, they can not say no.

You do not have to comply, you can cancel your torguard subscription and get the rest of your subscription funds, I see no issue which you describe and if any compensation should be paid out, then probably not from TorGuard, TorGuard is the victim here.

If the lawsuit is worth? Well, considering very, very overprized business, they make billions and if they do not start lawsuit's those billons will be gone for them, those few lawyers they pay costs them nothing, thats additional problem as TorGuard does not need to invest big part of its profits/savings on lawyers where MPAA can stretch it for years.

MPAA is just cares about their profits.

DRM is not really protecting anything and even less did several protection ways designed for DVD's, that protection was at its release a joke and a very primitive in addition.

However, all the talk about it is useless until we see court documents and I doubt they will be publicly available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

I guess we were speaking about different things calling it policies. The court and judges are responsible for court decisions, not govs and TorGuard has to respect court decision, if they do not respect it, then there should be appeal but even if that fails torguard has to respect it. That is a question where you do found your company and if your company is US based then you can expect quite a lot of what is happening, it is not a secret that in VPN world it is a big factor if VPN provider is under X blind eyes, simply because those VPN companies have to screw all their customers if gov request it, they can not say no.

You do not have to comply, you can cancel your torguard subscription and get the rest of your subscription funds, I see no issue which you describe and if any compensation should be paid out, then probably not from TorGuard, TorGuard is the victim here.

If the lawsuit is worth? Well, considering very, very overprized business, they make billions and if they do not start lawsuit's those billons will be gone for them, those few lawyers they pay costs them nothing, thats additional problem as TorGuard does not need to invest big part of its profits/savings on lawyers where MPAA can stretch it for years.

MPAA is just cares about their profits.

DRM is not really protecting anything and even less did several protection ways designed for DVD's, that protection was at its release a joke and a very primitive in addition.

However, all the talk about it is useless until we see court documents and I doubt they will be publicly available.

 

The court papers were already published said it was from Florida.

 

I don't know MPAA has gone really far here they need bigger supporters like Google to go after TorGuard for bypassing YouTube region locks and illegal streaming activity. 

 

Bruce Willis just sold his private island but I heard Google employees are now returning to work for the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic which we thought could plague humanity for centuries. No one was immune not even the rich, the famous, athletes, etc. 

 

If Google targets TorGuard they would even be backed by giants such as the Oracles and we have to defend TorGuard at all costs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How do you want to defend TorGuard? We users cant really do anything except expressing our thoughs, I doubt it helps in anyway in court. Google, the company with a slogan not to be evil, conicidence or not, it is always US and US based companies who claim one thing and turn out to be the opposite. I am ashamed of being one of first google testers. Google is also a little bit bigger than Oracle and oracle is I believe not at all interested in such things, they are in no way connected to MPAA and their fights.

The best way TorGuard can fight it is in court and for that money is required, if you claim we users need to help torguard then it is contraproductive to cancel subscriptions and ask for refunds.

Covid is biological weapon released for many reasons but mainly for financial purpose. US wanted to jab whole world with useless DNA therapy sold as vaccines and this should repeat every 3-6 months. Seems there is not much more ways to earn money, only war and stealing is left. If all of this goes on, you will probably not have to defend TorGuard as the system might collapse anyway, I just hope there will be no civil war in US.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

How do you want to defend TorGuard? We users cant really do anything except expressing our thoughs, I doubt it helps in anyway in court. Google, the company with a slogan not to be evil, conicidence or not, it is always US and US based companies who claim one thing and turn out to be the opposite. I am ashamed of being one of first google testers. Google is also a little bit bigger than Oracle and oracle is I believe not at all interested in such things, they are in no way connected to MPAA and their fights.

The best way TorGuard can fight it is in court and for that money is required, if you claim we users need to help torguard then it is contraproductive to cancel subscriptions and ask for refunds.

Covid is biological weapon released for many reasons but mainly for financial purpose. US wanted to jab whole world with useless DNA therapy sold as vaccines and this should repeat every 3-6 months. Seems there is not much more ways to earn money, only war and stealing is left. If all of this goes on, you will probably not have to defend TorGuard as the system might collapse anyway, I just hope there will be no civil war in US.

 

If Google's YouTube Channels can make the same case as the MPAA against TorGuard in a court room and block access to YouTube and all of Google's services since their service allows for regional bypasses of content then this kind of thing may help TorGuard.

 

The bypass of region locks or making digital content more accessible is inevitable in how technology has "improved" not how these companies have "standardized" as per the house on Wall St or THAT White House.

 

The MPAA's overreaction to technological advances utilized by TorGuard can be seen in the same manner as touch screen advances made by Google, Samsung, and Apple in the eyes of honoring intellectual property. They again aren't the same thing since TorGuard only provides VPN services and don't even host any content.

 

Oracle was still one of the parties who sought resolution on the matter where Google would utilize their code in the Android platform. TorGuard's implementation of VPN services do not have anything to do with the MPAA's case against the infringing parties and their use of BitTorrent.

 

TorGuard could show that even the licensing of this technology has nothing to do with any form of infringement whatsoever that they are indeed an entirely uninvolved party who are targeted by the MPAA as part of anti-competitive measures taken against them. For instance, who backs the MPAA? Streaming on a VPN service is even blocked by the some parties involved with the MPAA. So since the MPAA prefers streaming through their own technology and BitTorrent as a service for downloading legal content even from legitimate providers creates competition for them it's only right to target TorGuard.

 

Does the opinion on technological advances and infringing patents come from from TorGuard or these international tech giants such as Samsung, Google, Oracle, or Apple? Does TorGuard infringe on intellectual property at all and why aren't they entitled to actually represent this case if there are other players Surf"brew" and Nord"brew" who also host servers in the US? That's usually what these court rooms would look like.

 

If these decisions are made "as an industry" why can't the MPAA do to movies what "video games" did to gaming?

 

Edit:

 

You can help defend TorGuard by teaching your grandmother how to use a computer and train service animals for the disabled to make an arrest if they unlawfully conduct illegal activity.

Edited by BukkakeBlaster
Added productive measures to defend TorGuard and the homeland
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe it's time for Torguard to change it's location of jurisdication?!!

Wouldn't that solve the issue? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, balexter said:

Maybe it's time for Torguard to change it's location of jurisdication?!!

Wouldn't that solve the issue? 

 

I doubt it would solve the government's personal problem as you can see the location has nothing to do with the MPAA's jurisdiction with regards to where the movies were being hosted or downloaded illegally.

 

TorGuard never did anything illegal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

We are not throwing anyone under the bus, we are not logging, we are not doing anything of this type, SOCKS5 is not affected - we have seen a lot of click bait headlines who have no idea of the alternatives or what the terms are of the settlement would have been but make assumption's anyway - blocking torrents in the US was the best way forward in this settlement and a small price to pay.

Nothing has changed other than the fact we will have a filter that works in real time to block torrent traffic, this was already implemented on residential/streaming IP servers and always has been - this is done in real time at the interface, it does not require any form of logging.

And btw, if you think we will be the only one, think again!

We done what's best for the user and will protect our users vigorously as we have always done.

Regards

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Support changed the title to TorGuard to block us torrent traffic
2 minutes ago, Support said:

Hey guys,

We are not throwing anyone under the bus, we are not logging, we are not doing anything of this type, SOCKS5 is not affected - we have seen a lot of click bait headlines and have no idea of the alternatives or what the terms are of this settlement but make assumption's anyway - blocking torrents in the US was the best way forward in this settlement and a small price to pay.

Nothing has changed other than the fact we will have a filter that works in real time to block torrent traffic, this was already implemented on residential/streaming IP servers and always has been - this is done in real time at the interface, it does not require any form of logging.

And btw, if you think we will be the only one, think again!

 

I know this is a confusing time however I strongly side with TorGuard to act on their personal discretion in blocking BitTorrent entirely on US based servers to help alleviate any sort of misconception of TorGuard's reputation being an "alternative route" for people who sponsor or conduct piracy or some sort of company which profits off of "legal loopholes".

 

There are plenty of other companies such as Meta (formerly Facebook), AT&T (4GE and 5GE) who utilized legal loopholes or argued it was at the discretion of the courts to act in a manner that would protect consumers. 

 

Facebook would sell and market your personal information and AT&T would advertise 4GE as well as 5GE as being 4G and 5G connectivity.

 

I'm glad TorGuard believes in fair business practices before laws to act in favor of their customers. From my experience TorGuard's implementation of generating WireGuard configurations is unlike any other VPN provider I've used and they do it to help protect consumers and their data from hackers and corporations. TorGuard does not rebrand open source software as part of their "marketing efforts" to mislead consumers (think No*Lynx).

 

Could you imagine the government being a consumer advocate or watchdog for how companies collect and market your personal data? What else would hackers collect? But leave that to credit bureaus who can sell you "life lock" like "life insurance" who can monitor your information (like social security, personal address, etc.) after they've stolen it. and it's only a trillion dollar industry.

 

For how long has their been absolutely no action taken by these people who know their responsibility as the government, even taunt it's for your protection, and are even in the position to do so (it's why they are paid) and surprisingly enough we all have to bear with the MPAA's case. 

 

I remember when Comcast was sued for false advertising their connection speeds, T-Mobile could no longer call themselves "America's fastest network".

 

It's almost intentional if it's really so ignorant and I'm sorry TorGuard but maybe just putting ourselves in the position to never have to argue with these idiots is the best way to go. No BitTorrent in the US is still better than time to switch to some overseas VPN provider like my off-shore account and turn into one of these nutjobs who call themselves bipartisans.

 

Look how many people argued because you are a US company! Wouldn't that mean you're safer than in Panama or the next island in the Caribbean? How much is your personal data worth to these people? Or even the Russians?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why not ban FTP too? 

 

What did the file transfer protocol do wrong? 

 

Its like banning water because someone drowned. 

 

Bottom line is that companies are not responsible for the action of their users. If so, everyone scammed by a Indian call center scam would be using their phone service provider. 

 

Maybe ban VOIP protocol cause people got scammed over phone using VOIP? 

 

You guys have thrown out the baby with the bath water and now they will make you ban every protocol there is until you have nothing left. 

 

This make absolutely no sense whatsoever . 

 

The starting premise of torrent = wrong is flawed. I have been drivers and manual being provided using torrents. 

You should have told them to go pound sand or kick rocks. You can never appease these people. They tried to even ban the VHS tape itself. The tape many people used to record their kids first steps or baseball game was almost banned by Hollywood.  These people are sharks and you just taste for blood. 

 

You should have stuck to your guns. In order to say that a VPN is responsible, they would have to say that social media is responsible for all users, phone company, internet company, every product manufacturer is responsible for the misuse of their products. The courts do not want to set that precedent by opening that can of worms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Overwatch said:

Why not ban FTP too? 

 

What did the file transfer protocol do wrong? 

 

Its like banning water because someone drowned. 

 

Bottom line is that companies are not responsible for the action of their users. If so, everyone scammed by a Indian call center scam would be using their phone service provider. 

 

Maybe ban VOIP protocol cause people got scammed over phone using VOIP? 

 

You guys have thrown out the baby with the bath water and now they will make you ban every protocol there is until you have nothing left. 

 

This make absolutely no sense whatsoever . 

 

The starting premise of torrent = wrong is flawed. I have been drivers and manual being provided using torrents. 

You should have told them to go pound sand or kick rocks. You can never appease these people. They tried to even ban the VHS tape itself. The tape many people used to record their kids first steps or baseball game was almost banned by Hollywood.  These people are sharks and you just taste for blood. 

 

You should have stuck to your guns. In order to say that a VPN is responsible, they would have to say that social media is responsible for all users, phone company, internet company, every product manufacturer is responsible for the misuse of their products. The courts do not want to set that precedent by opening that can of worms. 

 

I thought the same way at first however they have to act "as a company" and to make the "financially sound" decision at the discretion of what the MPAA is asking for at this time is less of a cost.

 

Can these cases ever be made "as an industry"? Can the people who act within their legal precedents with the most current records on these matters act in a position to vote on such matters? 

 

In the end the MPAA would have to work with content creators and digital content providers to establish safe methods to transmit movies through platforms which would permit legal copies.

 

For instance by watermarking legal copies of movies through some hash technique the content distribution channel whether it be an app or web site would be a front end verification of a genuine copy.

 

Until the motion picture industry catches up with modern technology and gain a secular understanding of how it works companies like TorGuard who have absolutely nothing to do with any of it can easily succumb to the misrepresentation of laws or anti competitive measures made by these people who have political interests or are wealthy enough to obtain legal connections.

 

Who makes money with the MPAA? This would include companies who are and have been technically capable of implementing this technology for some time but haven't done so for their own sake just to target end users and people like TorGuard.

 

What does jurisdiction have to do with a computer on US soil? This is how custody is tried and that's not property? Why go after TorGuard?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BukkakeBlaster said:

 

I thought the same way at first however they have to act "as a company" and to make the "financially sound" decision at the discretion of what the MPAA is asking for at this time is less of a cost.

 

Can these cases ever be made "as an industry"? Can the people who act within their legal precedents with the most current records on these matters act in a position to vote on such matters? 

 

In the end the MPAA would have to work with content creators and digital content providers to establish safe methods to transmit movies through platforms which would permit legal copies.

 

For instance by watermarking legal copies of movies through some hash technique the content distribution channel whether it be an app or web site would be a front end verification of a genuine copy.

 

Until the motion picture industry catches up with modern technology and gain a secular understanding of how it works companies like TorGuard who have absolutely nothing to do with any of it can easily succumb to the misrepresentation of laws or anti competitive measures made by these people who have political interests or are wealthy enough to obtain legal connections.

 

Who makes money with the MPAA? This would include companies who are and have been technically capable of implementing this technology for some time but haven't done so for their own sake just to target end users and people like TorGuard.

 

What does jurisdiction have to do with a computer on US soil? This is how custody is tried and that's not property? Why go after TorGuard?

 

The movie cartel has no more right to regulate bit torrent protocol then they do FTP , MP3 or MP4. They are not the rulers of the internet, they are lawsuit trolls. Picture a room full of Harvey Weinstein and Jeffery Epstein. That is who you are talking about.  These are the people who tried to ban the MP3 player in the 90, the VHS tape in the 70's. Who sent helicopters into MEGAUPLOAD owner's house with swat teams crashing though his windows of foreign soil. 

These are people who not long ago wanted to be able to take any website instantly offline with 1 click of a button and almost got congress to give them that power. These people are not reasonable and do not stop, you try to give them a peace offering and they will take your hand, then your arm, then the rest of you. 

Keep in mind these are some of the wealthiest people and most horrible into he world who act like they are victims. Ask the Weinstein victims or some of the other rape victims from these big Hollywood producers how honorable they are.   

They made the business decision to sell out to these guy and throw their customers under the bus. When England wanted to appease Hitler, how did they turn out for them?  

What do we have here in real terms. We have a no log VPN with encryption. Movie Cartel can't see what is going on so they sue saying they can't see what is going on. 

VPN service say they don't know either. Nothing can be proved, case dismissed. 

 

All Torguard has done is give them an open invitation to comeback and finish the job. They have signed their death warrant by giving into these bullies. Their customers are the ones who will ultimately pay the price. 

Answer me this, why do phone service providers not get sued when someone get scammed by an Indian call center? Why is the VOIP protocol not banned? Why are all calls to India not blocked? Indian call centers have scammers who steal from many US citizens especially the elderly.

 

Why are there no lawsuits against he phone companies?  They are making millions from all those phone calls. 

There is no case law to suggest a service provider company is anyway responsible for things the subscribers do and if the courts ever said they were, then it would open up a Pandora's box of lawsuits against every ISP, phone company and social media company in the world. 

 

RIP TORGUARD, they are dead but just don't know it yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...