TorGuard

Torrents wont download

Rate this question

Moridin6

Question

I have only the 2 checker seeds listed in all torrents now and cannot get a torrent to start downloading or even get the meta data. I have rechecked all setting as compared to the tutorial and have tried several ips from the "updated" sheet.

16 answers to this question

Hello @Moridin6

You did Not Supply Very Much Information By Updated Sheet, I Assume you Mean Socks5 Possibly? When Making Modifications in Clients For Socks5 they Often Need to be Fully Closed and Re-opened "Rebooted" Sometimes a couple Times To Connect Properly That's a Normal Common Issue with Clients when using Socks5 you can try Fully* Closing the Client Waiting a few Seconds and Re-Opening it to see if it Connects.

I Would Suggest Opening a Support Ticket if that Does Not work for Troubleshooting Help > https://torguard.net/supporttickets.php

yeah the socks5 ips i found from searching this topic. ive exited the program and restarted it. It often wont close completely unless i use task manager to end task it. but still nothing. It work fine two days ago, sporadically yesterday, and not at all today.
I even reinstalled utorrent client, though i didnt purge all the settings. thats next i suppose.

my DHT also wont connect and ive been trying the various things to fix that im finding searching here and on utorrent forums. reset modem and router.

I have the same problem in Win10 and Android.  Neither config changed over the last two days.  I cannot download any Torrent files with Proxy enable.  I am using Socks5, proxy.torguard.org, port 1080 with Authentication.

I opened a ticket #757464  

Im having the same issue with DHT waiting to connect.
Ive unlugged my router/modem twice now and restarted the computer.
This usually resolves itself but now its been 2 days.
I use both utorrent and qbitorrent and both work if you disable the Socks5 Proxy.
Not sure how to fix it from here.

14 hours ago, Moridin6 said:

my DHT also wont connect and ive been trying the various things to fix that im finding searching here and on utorrent forums. reset modem and router.

is yours working?

an hour later after posting, it started working again. DHT found  800+ nodes and connected to peers.
Not sure what happened.

You're lucky it's an intermittent error for you.  My uTorrent hasn't been able to connect to DHT through the proxy (and accordingly download anything) for a month-and-a-half now.  I have about a month left on my subscription and will be ending my time with TorGuard at that point if things haven't radically changed.  This isn't a problem that should take months to fix.

On 2/16/2022 at 3:43 PM, HappyTGuser said:

You're lucky it's an intermittent error for you.  My uTorrent hasn't been able to connect to DHT through the proxy (and accordingly download anything) for a month-and-a-half now.  I have about a month left on my subscription and will be ending my time with TorGuard at that point if things haven't radically changed.  This isn't a problem that should take months to fix.

I would Suggest Contacting Support When Having Technical Difficulties They are Usually Fairly Quick To Respond and Helpful.  >>> https://torguard.net/supporttickets.php

Dom1no, you just seem to obsessively hang around here and offer incorrect information, tell people their problems aren't problems, and babble about things you don't know.  Nobody really needs that. 

On 2/16/2022 at 5:38 PM, HappyTGuser said:

Dom1no, you just seem to obsessively hang around here and offer incorrect information, tell people their problems aren't problems, and babble about things you don't know.  Nobody really needs that. 

I Simply Noted The Recent Changes with the Socks5 which is Facts and if you were using one of the OLD IP's you would have experienced issues Yes! There was Also a couple issues Mentioned with Using the Hostnames. If you are still experiencing Issues with using the Hostnames then you should Contact Support! Yes i may Be Pointing out the Obvious.

I Simply Suggest your Problem May get Resolved Sooner if you Contact Support through a Ticket I am not saying your Problems are Not Problems just that there have been changes Recently and you May need to Change to another IP or if your Using the Hostnames and are Experiencing Issues Let Support Know and Hopefully it Gets Sorted out - There May Indeed! Still Be A Issue with something that may need to get Fixed.

10 hours ago, HappyTGuser said:

And your solution is just to criticize people without adding any kind of value here ? 
What about you start to help or find a solution instead of insulting people and play the species troll ? 

On 2/17/2022 at 3:45 AM, public-name said:

And your solution is just to criticize people without adding any kind of value here ? 
What about you start to help or find a solution instead of insulting people and play the species troll ? 

I'm supposed to find the solution for the Torguard proxy servers rejecting connections (that Torguard acknowledges as a problem and others are reporting on the board and submitting tickets for)? 

Okay, well I actually did and let me offer you the solution: I signed up for Private Internet Access's $2/month VPN, put their proxy server into µTorrent, and everything magically and instantaneously started working again.  Torguard problems 100% solved forever.  Thanks for motivating change.