TorGuard

Thunderbird Email Client (VPN &/or Prox)

Rate this topic

Denny

Hello TGStaff & fellow TG Users!

I would like to have a way to have my email client Thunderbird connect to a US IP 24/7 but my other browsing with a international IP. I have both VPN & Proxy packages through TG.

I usually use a VPN to filter all my traffic through an int. IP but my email services (Google & Hotmail) see this as an "unauthorized access attempt" to access my email.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Support

Hi Denny

The problem you may encounter is we don't allow sending of email but you will still be able to receive it, i suggest you contact the support desk and they may be able to work something out for you.

Regards

my apologies, I left out a crucial detail. I am referring to my Google & Outlook email accounts. :) Google & MS are flagging the attempt to DL my email through Thunderbird as suspicious. I guess I am looking for a way to just set up US proxy for just my email while filtering the rest of my internet traffic through an international VPN.

Thank you for the response.

• 3 weeks later...
Support

Hi Denny

Accessing your email from any IP that your account doesn't normally see will flag as suspicious - thats normal.

Regards