TorGuard

Torguard login showing Utah even though I am(was) connected to New York Server all the time.

Rate this topic

Lars A.

I would Say it is Very Common for that to Happen with VPN's Geo Location Data is Not always 100% Accurate , Sometimes it Fixes Itself over time - Once the Geo Location Database Updates the Location. It is Something that Happens Commonly for VPN's though nothing to worry about.

These IP "locations" are mostly virtual. Do a visual traceroute to find out where the POP really is. Torguard doesn't host any of these POPs anyway, they lease them from the same service that many other VPNs do and they have little control over them.

4 hours ago, TDog said:

These IP "locations" are mostly virtual. Do a visual traceroute to find out where the POP really is. Torguard doesn't host any of these POPs anyway, they lease them from the same service that many other VPNs do and they have little control over them.

I Don't Believe that Is Correct - Most of Torguard Servers are Physical! Not Virtual. There are a handful Of Virtual Locations Yes But Way less than the Physical Ones. The Server List Page Lists which Locations are >> https://torguard.net/network/

According to that page 7 out of 60!! are Virtual So No they are Not Mostly Virtual.