TorGuard

OBS port 4443 stuck at detecting..

Rate this question

googleforloss

Question

All other ports work, tried a bunch of DNS servers, tried deleting the app uninstalling, even going into the registry and deleting everything there and doing a clean install, on version 4.8.5, can't get port 4443 to verify its I.P, connected to server fine, green light shows up, any help would be appreciated! on San Francisco Location, any other information needed I can pass along, seen some other older threads about the issue and went through all those troubleshooting tips and none of them worked. was mostly just doing clean uninstall/ install of the app, using it on windows 10. no VPN router used.

5 answers to this question

On 1/10/2022 at 5:05 AM, googleforloss said:

All other ports work, tried a bunch of DNS servers, tried deleting the app uninstalling, even going into the registry and deleting everything there and doing a clean install, on version 4.8.5, can't get port 4443 to verify its I.P, connected to server fine, green light shows up, any help would be appreciated! on San Francisco Location, any other information needed I can pass along, seen some other older threads about the issue and went through all those troubleshooting tips and none of them worked. was mostly just doing clean uninstall/ install of the app, using it on windows 10. no VPN router used.

Hey @googleforloss

I did some Quick Testing Using Windows 10 Trying to use the same Settings/Configuration you are using, Assuming you are using OpenVPN* which i believe is what is needed for 4443 "stealth" Using TCP - I First tested San Francisco and I experienced the same thing as you the Verified* for IP seemed to be having an issue I also Noticed it Automatically Re-Connect a couple times, However switching to a different Location such as Seattle Without Changing any of the other settings Worked Perfectly!

I Would Recommend Opening a Support Ticket In your My Account Area on the Website and Let One of the Support Team know so that it can be Looked into try and give them as much Details as possible and you can even link them this Forum Thread. For now using a Different Location such as Seattle or one of the others should help.

Please Note that On the Servers Page > https://torguard.net/network/
It lists San Francisco as a Non* Stealth Server! So that could be the reason that the Stealth Port "4443" is Not working Because that Server might Not Support it. If you wish to use the Stealth Port you may be Required to pick a Stealth Supported Server for Clarification it's Best to ask Support about it Directly.

Yeah I see that, I have used the port before with no issues on that server though so I don't know what is wrong, using another server isnt an option for me as its the lowest ping possible for me gaming wise. Running into an issue with the 2k servers that use AWS servers where you have to use TCP tunneling protocol to keep the connection consistent and no packet loss. Otherwise the shot timing within the game will make it give earlies/lates.

35 minutes ago, googleforloss said:

Yeah I see that, I have used the port before with no issues on that server though so I don't know what is wrong, using another server isnt an option for me as its the lowest ping possible for me gaming wise. Running into an issue with the 2k servers that use AWS servers where you have to use TCP tunneling protocol to keep the connection consistent and no packet loss. Otherwise the shot timing within the game will make it give earlies/lates.

It is possible that server Did support Stealth Configuration at some point and Maybe does not now, Have you Opened a support ticket yet to Inquire if that Port "4443" is supposed to work on a Non Stealth Server if it is then they might be able to Fix it Server side, Although there is the possibility that it may no longer support that specific configuration on that server. Tickets are usually answered Fairly Quickly so you will be able to find out the best course to take from there.

I'd be curious to learn the answer as well because per https://torguard.net/network/ it specifies the NJ server as a non-Stealth server, but I am able to successfully connect and use OpenVPN/TCP/Stealth Port 4443 for the NJ server. So I'm wondering what it actually means by "Stealth" on that info page.

6 hours ago, Cytane89 said:

I'd be curious to learn the answer as well because per https://torguard.net/network it specifies the NJ server as a non-Stealth server, but I am able to successfully connect and use OpenVPN/TCP/Stealth Port 4443 for the NJ server. So I'm wondering what it actually means by "Stealth" on that info page.

When i Tested a bunch of the Stealth servers earlier and compared it to the Server list Page > https://torguard.net/network , I noticed a Couple servers listed as Stealth on the List did not offer Stealth in the Windows Software the stealth option was greyed out and other Combinations such as port 4443 Issue Listed Above -  so it could be that they are in the process of Making Changes and Working on things Internally. There is also the chance that something may be Misconfigured which they might be able to fix soon if it is, I still think opening a ticket would be best that way if it is something they don't know about they can hopefully fix it , awhile ago i Noticed a server was not working with Adblock DNS and after making a ticket they helped sort it out right away.