TorGuard

Win11 app small, unreadable, overlapping text

Rate this question

civilwar142pa

Question

As the title says, the Windows app has small, hard to read text. I'm running Windows 11. App works fine on my other PC with Win10.

Attached are two photos of the app on my Win11 PC. Is there a fix for this?

TGapp1.jpg

TGapp2.jpg

5 answers to this question

On 12/17/2021 at 7:53 AM, civilwar142pa said:

As the title says, the Windows app has small, hard to read text. I'm running Windows 11. App works fine on my other PC with Win10.

Attached are two photos of the app on my Win11 PC. Is there a fix for this?

TGapp1.jpg

TGapp2.jpg

I have the same issue on my new PC running Windows 11. In fact, it was working previously until it just freaked out and required complete uninstall. I have issues using Wireguard on Seattle servers giving a fatal exception and gave up on Wireguard earlier this year as it caused more issues than it was worth.

image.thumb.png.4261ab4b8a0075cab42a241c757979b6.png

I found a note about Torguard being compatible with Windows 11, but only in 64-bit. Unfortunately the downloads page only provides a single installer which is supposedly smart enough to install 64-bit or 32-bit automatically, but doesn't even indicate any option to select or confirm one over the other.

Checking my firewall settings it's showing torguarddesktop in the x86(32-bit) program files folder. This indicates to me that the 32-bit version of the desktop app installed. I have tried to uninstall & reinstall several times and run into the exact same problem.

image.png.733f636a8372d6b8ac8457e8aa576b94.png

It would be nice to have separated installer programs to download for 32-bit vs. 64-bit so I can make sure I am able to download and install the appropriate version I require.

Since I paid for a 3-year subscription to Torguard I hope this issue is resolved quickly.

I run VPN full-time and will rarely use any site or service that requires me to disconnect my VPN to use it. I setup 2FA and randomized login info for as many of my accounts as possible. I refuse to be forced to expose my personal information for data collection any more than is already deeply woven into everything already. VPN is a massively important privacy and security tool that I encourage everyone to use.

• Thanks 1

I was having the same issue. I downloaded the latest release, go to Settings>General>Appearance then check "High DPI Scaling Factor". Hope this helps - it did the trick for me.

7 hours ago, nathanm33 said:

I was having the same issue. I downloaded the latest release, go to Settings>General>Appearance then check "High DPI Scaling Factor". Hope this helps - it did the trick for me.

@nathanm33 You are 100% Correct there are Options in the settings to Modify Scaling and such. Usually there are sizing/scaling problems when using on a Larger TV Screen i have the same issue when i Use the App on my 70 Inch TV you should be able to fix it easily enough by going through the settings and properly configuring them.

You can also try changing the "Theme" from Modern to Classic. >>> you can also try changing your screen resolution!! Also in Resolution settings there is a scale/zoom option that can also throw things out of whack usually it works better if it's on 100% but if you choose a different option such as 150% or something that can throw things out of wack.

So things to test are>>
High DPI Scaling Factor < found in TG settings
Remember windows geometry < found in TG settings
Enable accessibility < found in TG settings
Theme!! < found in TG settings
Screen resolution < found in your Windows* settings
Screen scale/zoom < also found in Windows* settings

If you tinker with all of those you should be able to find a working solution, i have experienced the issues stated above as well and it was easily fixed by choosing the correct combination.

Reinstalling again fixed the issue! Thanks everyone for your help. I couldn't check the settings option since I couldn't read the text at all. That was my first thought, and may have fixed the problem as well, if I could've adjusted anything.