TorGuard

Connection Updates

Rate this question

Question

Hi,

How do I get my list of connections back after Torguard updates?

Torguard says there are connection updates and they will be applied after I disconnect however once I disconnect ALL my connections disappear and don't come back. The only way I have been able to get the list of connections back is to uninstall Torguard and then re-install it.

Surely there is an easier way?

Thanks for you help!

8 answers to this question

Support

Hey there we are working on fixing the problem and should have an update out shortly - you can try disable all security software, mainly AV's, Ant-Malware software, ID protection features etc and then restart the software and await a minute or 2 for it to refresh.

Regards

409industries

Same thing happened to me. It is definitely not an expected result when you select "NO" on the option to bring in updated connections for all your existing ones to disappear.

I did what was suggested in post #2 (disable AV then restart TorGuard) but after an hour, no prompt has appeared about updating connection profiles.

Do i have to reinstall TorGuard? (I just did this to fix the "check for updates" issue...

Support

Hi Guys

Problem has been fixed - please download new versions from torguard.net/downloads.php and reinstall, the problem wont happen again.

Regards

Hmm.. this may have been fixed a while ago, but I've been getting hit with it over the past few days every time I do a fresh boot. ;-/

Would switching from VPN Pro (Viscosity) to the VPN Lite client instead, which has been updated recently, make any difference? What's the real difference between those two, anyway? Can't find much about that.

Thanks in advance.