TorGuard

TorGuard Client v4.8.1

Rate this question

Support

Question

Release torguard-v4.8.1, 2021-11-03
===================================

- MacOS: Bug fix, macOS Catalina security update caused TorGuard to Close.
 - Adjusted menu bar icons and smoothed images alround

Downloads

2 hours ago, Shrimp said:

lol it says 3rd september in the release date column

Fixed 🙄 🧐

Am I dreaming or is this current client 4.8.1 setting up a heck of a lot smoother and quicker than the previous version? 

Currently Win 11 Pro, Thinkpad T460s. Just to add the last few versions were awful on laptops, Win 10 as well. What did you folks do?

having trouble connecting to WG and i know its not on my end because the other protocols work fine the last two builds WG disconnects randomly please fix this asap and look at WG in your builds please 

4.8.1 using windows 10. Hangs on closing (Not Responding) - use task manager to end Torguard and Wireguard, but wireguard persists in my network connection and effective cuts off internet. A restart is required to get internet back. I have been able to disconnect without issues, if the connection is for a short period of time, but a connection of a couple of hours will cause the (Not Responding) error on exit. The Beta would give (Not Responding) error for a period of time, and then self resolve.

as of this post iv been having disconnection problems again with Wireguard works for a hour or so then disconnects 

7 hours ago, adtha1 said:

as of this post iv been having disconnection problems again with Wireguard works for a hour or so then disconnects 

I feel like I've been having disconnect issues ever since 4.7.0 or so. If I go back to 4.6.0 it never disconnects. When it disconnects, are you on Wi-Fi? Also, can you verify that when it disconnects, the timer under Connection details doesn't reset either? Just wondering if you're having the same issue I do. My desktop is flawless on 4.8.1, but on my laptop, on a public Wi-Fi hotspot will eventually disconnect and then reconnect and the Connection Timer is not reset, so it appears as if it never disconnects, but it definitely does.

11 hours ago, Cytane89 said:

I feel like I've been having disconnect issues ever since 4.7.0 or so. If I go back to 4.6.0 it never disconnects. When it disconnects, are you on Wi-Fi? Also, can you verify that when it disconnects, the timer under Connection details doesn't reset either? Just wondering if you're having the same issue I do. My desktop is flawless on 4.8.1, but on my laptop, on a public Wi-Fi hotspot will eventually disconnect and then reconnect and the Connection Timer is not reset, so it appears as if it never disconnects, but it definitely does.

basically this has been working for me since last night i have been connecting to WG dont touch anything on my pc for 30 seconds then WG seems to stay connected 

4 minutes ago, adtha1 said:

update now having to use VPN DNS to get WG to work

Yeah I've had issues with the default VPN. I've switched all my clients to CloudFlare DNS and flushed. Haven't had connecting issues in a while

38 minutes ago, unkwn1 said:

Yeah I've had issues with the default VPN. I've switched all my clients to CloudFlare DNS and flushed. Haven't had connecting issues in a while

i will try that

8 hours ago, adtha1 said:

update WG working good now as of this post

I'm glad. It seems to be the most stable route and frankly imo the most secure. So it's a bit of a win win.

I wish they would dig into issues. I've gotten not response from the dev team. I love TG and have been using them for almost 5 years.

3 hours ago, unkwn1 said:

I'm glad. It seems to be the most stable route and frankly imo the most secure. So it's a bit of a win win.

I wish they would dig into issues. I've gotten not response from the dev team. I love TG and have been using them for almost 5 years.

We have a new version coming today with some small fixes, we have more coming, we are trying to dig out the causes for some issues reported. If response times are a little longer than normal please accept our apologies, we are still listening and working - covid has caused us a bit of a disruption in development recently but we are slowly getting back to normal.

Regards

43 minutes ago, Support said:

We have a new version coming today with some small fixes, we have more coming, we are trying to dig out the causes for some issues reported. If response times are a little longer than normal please accept our apologies, we are still listening and working - covid has caused us a bit of a disruption in development recently but we are slowly getting back to normal.

Regards

I hope your update fixes the disconnection problems 

yup, I have to use openVPN or OpenConnect to get a stable connection, wireguard disconnects many times a day, the others can stay active for weeks with no disconnects.  It's been going on for quite a while now, I always run the latest version in hope of it being fixed, but never is.  I should go back to an old version to fix it I guess.

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

yup, I have to use openVPN or OpenConnect to get a stable connection, wireguard disconnects many times a day, the others can stay active for weeks with no disconnects.  It's been going on for quite a while now, I always run the latest version in hope of it being fixed, but never is.  I should go back to an old version to fix it I guess.

Hey there - to be honest we don't get a lot of complaints for disconnect's on wireguard - can you let us know if you use a specific location or IP? the vast majority of the time these issues are found to be client side.

I always use the NL servers. 

I've noticed today disconnects mostly happen when my Hard drive is under load, is it possible wireguard disconnects if the computer isn't keeping up but Openvpn and Openconnect don't?  I'd not be surprised if the disconnects are not my computers fault, I'm thinking of wiping it and starting again to see if it improves.   The problem is it used to work fine.

Ok, after much experimentation it seems the Wireguard dropouts are only happening on the NL server which I prefer using, I've changed now to the Australian server and it's staying connected no problems using Wireguard, which shows its likely not my computer with a software issue causing the problem.  I changed back to NL and the dropouts start again, back to Australia and all good.  I don't know what to do, perhaps I just can't use NL.

Ever since the GUI changed I've been having frequent random drops and reconnections with wireguard connections. Before this I had 100% uptime without a disconnection in sight. Below is a list of what I have tried:

I've tried doing a revo uninstall on wireguard, torguard, and tap and using default settings.

Arizona, NJ, NYC servers

Changed DNS around

Pin and unpinned IP addresses (it doesnt matter which)

reinstalled any network adapters unrelated to TG

If there are any logs I can provide, I would be happy to share. In the meantime, can anyone please direct me to the last update that had only the old GUI? Thank you.