TorGuard

TorGuard Firefox VPN Extension 2.9.2

Support

Changelog:

- Resolved build issues
- Removed the ability to add individual IPs due to an incompatibility with SSL proxies.
- Resolved DNS and webRTC issues

Downloads

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This post seems to have been accidentally posted in the Firefox support group not the Firefox Extension Releases where all the other version updates have occurred.

I have however tested 2.9.2 and it does seem to have resolved the DNS leaks and webRTC issues. HOWEVER these issues go back several versions and months and the extension has therefore been basically useless. I highly recommend Torguard team determine why this is the case and improve your quality assurance processes for releasing updates to ensure this does not happen again.  I will be looking at alternatives and cannot currently recommend Torguard until I am confident this issue is resolved.

So it appears that the DNS leak and WebRTC issues are fixed SOMETIMES. My testing on Monday had no leaks at all, however upon attempting to use the extension today both DNS and WebRTC issues were still present.  Version 2.9.2. Firefox 93.0 64bit.

2 hours ago, Tagasaste said:

So it appears that the DNS leak and WebRTC issues are fixed SOMETIMES. My testing on Monday had no leaks at all, however upon attempting to use the extension today both DNS and WebRTC issues were still present.  Version 2.9.2. Firefox 93.0 64bit.

It can’t be the case, you must be seeing cached results, they cant be fixed "sometimes" they are either fixed or they are not and we resolved the issue completely in all extensions.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Support said:

It can’t be the case, you must be seeing cached results, they cant be fixed "sometimes" they are either fixed or they are not and we resolved the issue completely in all extensions.

In that case how do I check for cached DNS entries in Firefox? All I can tell you is it was leaking DNS in approximately 50% of the sessions I tried it in yesterday. In both regular and private sessions, and sessions with new profiles created with no other extensions installed. I spent round 1h30m trying to work out why but couldn't identify a pattern.

19 minutes ago, Tagasaste said:

In that case how do I check for cached DNS entries in Firefox? All I can tell you is it was leaking DNS in approximately 50% of the sessions I tried it in yesterday. In both regular and private sessions, and sessions with new profiles created with no other extensions installed. I spent round 1h30m trying to work out why but couldn't identify a pattern.

What DNS do you see? is it your ISP DNS?

On 10/28/2021 at 6:52 PM, Support said:

What DNS do you see? is it your ISP DNS?

It shows the ISP (or manually set DNS) along with the Torguard extension supplied DNS.

16 hours ago, Tagasaste said:

It shows the ISP (or manually set DNS) along with the Torguard extension supplied DNS.

Hmm we are unable to reproduce this, would you be willing to do a teamviewer?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 9:10 AM, Support said:

Hmm we are unable to reproduce this, would you be willing to do a teamviewer?

I'm not in a position to be able to do that. Anything I can test or send you?

I have been having problems connecting to most any server with the Firefox browser on Windows 10.

Problem: The extension will connect once. But, after I need to disconnect, and reconnect, it fails to reconnect. I do wait until the extension has verified an IP before attempting to reconnect to another site. Note, I have tried all the available ports (from 23 to 7070).

Firefox: 94.0.1

Browser extension: 2.9.2

OS: Windows 10 (only) - the problem does not happen in a Linux virtual machine on the same system; it was a problem until a few days ago.

Network speed: 1GB/s (with Torguard VPN, I get ~500MB/s, which I am fine with)

Can you help?

I found the solution to the extension issue above. Although the user interface (UI) appears as though I am logged in, I was not. The solution is to hit the “Clear” button, and log back in; then the connection to any server will work. 

The issue is that the UI re-login window is behind the Firefox browser. I am not sure why it appeared as though I had a successful login.