TorGuard

TorGuard Client v4.7.7

Rate this question

Support

Question

Release torguard-v4.7.7, 2021-10-04
===================================

- All platform: Improving OpenConnect disconnection time.
 - Windows: Fixing bug: WireGuard Interface was not created until manually removed.
 - Windows: Updating WireGuard to 0.4.10

Downloads

19 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Rock said:

Screenshot (2).png

Same for me , I don't think the download link on the downloads page has been updated yet again , this happened on the last update too. Hopefully it gets updated sometime today.

There was no mention of WireGuard as a choice in the installer for 4.7.7 and Windows still reports that I'm on 0.4.9 after updating to 4.7.7.

edit: Did a Revo uninstall of everything in hopes that it would reveal the WG option when reinstalling 4.7.7, but still no mention. So WG is not being installed from this new version.

Screenshot 2021-10-04 191643.png

22 minutes ago, Cytane89 said:

There was no mention of WireGuard as a choice in the installer for 4.7.7 and Windows still reports that I'm on 0.4.9 after updating to 4.7.7.

edit: Did a Revo uninstall of everything in hopes that it would reveal the WG option when reinstalling 4.7.7, but still no mention. So WG is not being installed from this new version.

Screenshot 2021-10-04 191643.png

@Support
I can Confirm, it has no wireguard at all included in the installer. I uninstalled torguard and wireguard both using revo uninstaller and installed the new version 4.7.7 and wireguard doesn't get installed it's also not listed in the installer. 

on a side Note >
I am Curious If Torguard will Implement TUN in the Torguard APP for OpenVpn 2.5* instead of just the Old TAP. I heard TUN makes openvpn Faster.

12 hours ago, Dom1no said:

@Support
I can Confirm, it has no wireguard at all included in the installer. I uninstalled torguard and wireguard both using revo uninstaller and installed the new version 4.7.7 and wireguard doesn't get installed it's also not listed in the installer. 

on a side Note >
I am Curious If Torguard will Implement TUN in the Torguard APP for OpenVpn 2.5* instead of just the Old TAP. I heard TUN makes openvpn Faster.

That is fine, we integrated it more without using the installer, this will prevent many issues we see often.

And yes tun is coming, there is one issue w are waiting for them to resolve and we will add it right away :)

Regards

Why does it say "please" near the version number of ARCH release on the downloads page? Also why did you guys skip a version (4.7.6)?

1 hour ago, Shrimp said:

Why does it say "please" near the version number of ARCH release on the downloads page? Also why did you guys skip a version (4.7.6)?

This was removed, it was somehow autocorrected from release to "please" thanks for pointing out.

We created a new build server for the app and due to creating beta's for 4.7.6 we had to skip this version number for production, just to make things easier for us server side :)

Thanks

update Chicago sever is working now for some reason last night it stopt working on my phone and both my pcs all other severs were good  

3 hours ago, TDog said:

Fail After Fresh Install. ?????? Now what? 

Torguard1.png

torguard2.png

This may be obvious, and something you've already tried. But when this error happens to me after fresh install, I simply close TG and reopen and attempt to connect again and it works. Sometimes(and hopefully) the simplest action is the solution.

Hi, I am running the latest Oct release on a Win 10 x64 based HP Notebook.

I cannot see the TG app on my desktop - twice now I have had it disappear off the R of the screen seemingly, however this time a new install hasn't corrected it on restart.  If I click on the app button on taskbar to bring it up or minimise it, I see the windows animation of the window outline reducing into the taskbar icon. However there is no "off-screen" or virtual desktop space (eg I cannot move an icon into that space and leave it, and there is no other monitor connected... ever).

I do not know what causes this, however can say I have had issues with my desktop scaling appearning different at times due to this app (it makes qBittorent look enormous by example like it's scaling is broken).

I'm uncertain if the scaling issue I raise is linked to the off-screen or non-visible desktop app.

3 hours ago, adtha1 said:

the Chicago server keeps disconnecting at random times all other servers are working great 

Hey there, we don't have any other complaints as of yet - it can be an issue between you and this location, can you let me know if you are still seeing this now?

Thanks

28 minutes ago, Support said:

Hey there, we don't have any other complaints as of yet - it can be an issue between you and this location, can you let me know if you are still seeing this now?

Thanks

its working great now thank u for all the hard work u do🙂

Thanks for your continued work. I do however have an issue on my Arch wayland installation - there's no applet for my system tray. In fact the entire system tray portion of the Torguard app settings is greyed out.

Hope there's a fix soon. As it stands I have to keep the app running in a scratchpad (I'm using swayWM) which is a bit of an annoyance.

I appreciate the assistance.

Regards