TorGuard

US Servers Not Actually In US?

Rate this question

jmo1112

Question

I'm using Torguard's VPN client, and when I connect to a US server, like Dallas or Atlanta, Xfinity says that "Xfinity Stream can only be only be played from within the U.S." Am I missing something, or not understanding some basic function of VPN's. I assumed if I was connected to a US server, that everything would assume I was in that city.

2 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, jmo1112 said:

I'm using Torguard's VPN client, and when I connect to a US server, like Dallas or Atlanta, Xfinity says that "Xfinity Stream can only be only be played from within the U.S." Am I missing something, or not understanding some basic function of VPN's. I assumed if I was connected to a US server, that everything would assume I was in that city.

I am Not too sure If Torguard supports that streaming service , these days most streaming services block VPN's. You could try Opening a support ticket and Asking support if that service "Xfinity Stream" is supposed to work or not... Maybe it will only work using a Addon such as the Residential Streaming IP Addon or something the same as Netflix Requires.

There is a small chance it might work without requiring the Addon for example maybe try using different DNS options maybe the service does not like the DNS you have set. I understand that you are saying that it does not think you are in the USA but that might just be a sign that it's detecting you are using a VPN and causing problems. Maybe try some other USA Locations and try Tinkering with DNS try multiple different combinations and if it still does not work then my best guess it that service may not like users using a VPN so purchasing a streaming IP Addon of some kind may help. Make sure you spend some time looking at the torguard settings to make sure you have things configred properly and run Leak Tests and DNS leak tests.

• Like 1