TorGuard

Drop all connection if VPN connection drops

Rate this question

46740_1511348124

Question

8 answers to this question

46740_1511348124

I did. I followed the guide. When testing, I would terminate VPN connection and still continue to be online.

Therealone

I followed the guide that is geared towards MAC as well but could not get viscosity to even connect using those settings... what am I doing wrong? Staff, please help.. If there is a way to set up viscosity so that it disconnects from the net if it loses the VPN, I want to know how to do it asap. I lose connection to vpn randomly but there is no way to tell that I've been disconnected unless I'm constantly monitoring it, but once disconnected by privacy is exposed so how can this be done? Thanks.

Do you really need to cut your entire connection or do you want to stop some applications like torrents etc.?

It´s easy to configure your windows firewall for these programs ;)

Might be late to respond to this, but here's the kludge I've been doing...

1. Set windows machine to static local IP with no default gateway.

2. Run batchfile to add a 0.0.0.0 to WAN route

3. Connect using Viscosity

4. After connection, run batchfile to remove the 0.0.0.0 to WAN route I added in step 2

If Viscosity drops the VPN connection, your PC will lose all internet connectivity since there is no default gateway anymore.

If you are using DHCP, the default gateway will keep getting reinstated when your PC 'renews' the address...that's why I changed mine to a static.

I noticed Viscosity has options to run scripts before, during, and after connections but I haven't figured all that out yet.

EthanH: I've had the same issue with Viscosity. Try OpenVPN. It seems immune (after 10 months of use) to dropping the VPN.

Dextertripod: Would you please include the batch files you use so I might understand what you are doing? Thanks.

I don't normally "pay" for a service until now, and it seems like I have to keep learning new stuff everyday, this should be a default option in the set up that can be turned on or off when the user needs it. Its getting aggravating that the product needs so much EXTRA adjustments that require so much attention.