TorGuard

Torguard Client and 2 simultaneous wireless and wired connections.

Rate this question

fld

Question

Hi all,

My laptop is connected to the Internet via wireless connection and to my internal network via wired/ethernet connection. The problem is TG client often chooses the wire/ethenet over the wireless connection. Can I make the client prioritize the wireless connection over the ethernet?  Thanks in advance.           

3 answers to this question

If you use a Wireguard client  alone without the client and a Torguard generated config you can define a name space for applications which exist outside wireguard's VPN

https://www.wireguard.com/netns/

Edit:

I know that the "source address" may change when it switches between adapters however you cannot bind wg0 or wireguard to any particular interface 

It's still "too new" they say and they are apparently still "in the works" to allow for split tunneling etc. 

Edited by BukkakeBlaster
To be more clear

On 9/26/2021 at 8:48 PM, BukkakeBlaster said:

If you use a Wireguard client  alone without the client and a Torguard generated config you can define a name space for applications which exist outside wireguard's VPN

https://www.wireguard.com/netns/

Edit:

I know that the "source address" may change when it switches between adapters however you cannot bind wg0 or wireguard to any particular interface 

It's still "too new" they say and they are apparently still "in the works" to allow for split tunneling etc. 

Hi BukakeBlaster,

I have only used TG client so far but have noticed the word WireGuard in TG client app - I have no idea what it is. So, if I don't know what WG is and do not know how to use WG, probably there is nothing much I can do to achieve what I want, correct? Thanks.

Yes you could not possibly isolate the problem to be app related without trying a separate client. 

However if you reconnect both the wired and client connection prior to enabling wifi does this issue persist? 

If so, it's an "OS dependent" problem and I know of a "workaround" for the Torguard client which involves binding to a source ip address on the Linux OS.