TorGuard

TorGuard Client v4.7.5 Not updating. Staying at 4.74 and now having connection issues

Rate this question

Therealone

Question

TorGuard Client v4.7.5 Not updating. Staying at 4.74 and now having connection issues.  I noticed my connection started having issues today so went to see if there was an updated version.  supposedly there is with 4.75.. however upon installing, reinstalling and finally trying manual uninstall reinstall, it is staying at 4.74.  Is this the updated version or is there a problem?  doesn't seem to be version 4.75 and connection has been a bit off this last couple hours

49 minutes ago, Therealone said:

you assume most aren't having issues but that may not be the case.  I'm using it right now and once again it seems to be fine without disconnecting.  so.. I think it may have some kind of need for improvement but just not sure where exactly as wireguard while it works great when it does, may not be perfect.  Example: I have a friend local here whom I recommended torguard to and he has had similar issues but is too busy to report every little hiccup.  my PC is very new, very powerful and again, I've gone years without issue with torguard.  I'm also not a novice in the tech field.  Not knocking you here but blanket assumptions are not a good thing in general.  All that said, when all else fails, might as well just blame Mercury Retrograde lol I mean why not.  sometimes tech just doesn't work perfectly.  I get it.  Could be the isp, could be Windows too of course.  I wonder how Windows 11 is going to be compared to the latest 10 which to be fair has been pretty reliable last few years overall.

I am sorry you are unable to set it up Properly , I'd recommend in your specific case to use a different Protocol.  Maybe Contact support using the ticket system. You are the only person i see in the forums that is unable to solve the issue. Some others had similar issues in the past yes But!* it was solved by using a uninstaller tool and setting up settings properly - Remnant's left behind on your system from previous versions have been known to cause issues. Maybe in your case it's the ISP/Network/Router. I don't claim to be perfect but I do Fix Computers/Networks for a living as my job so my assumptions can sometimes have decent merit. Good Luck.