Jump to content
TorGuard
  • 0

TorGuard Client v4.7.5 Not updating. Staying at 4.74 and now having connection issues

Rate this question


Therealone
 Share

Question

 TorGuard Client v4.7.5 Not updating. Staying at 4.74 and now having connection issues.  I noticed my connection started having issues today so went to see if there was an updated version.  supposedly there is with 4.75.. however upon installing, reinstalling and finally trying manual uninstall reinstall, it is staying at 4.74.  Is this the updated version or is there a problem?  doesn't seem to be version 4.75 and connection has been a bit off this last couple hours

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
8 minutes ago, Therealone said:

 TorGuard Client v4.7.5 Not updating. Staying at 4.74 and now having connection issues.  I noticed my connection started having issues today so went to see if there was an updated version.  supposedly there is with 4.75.. however upon installing, reinstalling and finally trying manual uninstall reinstall, it is staying at 4.74.  Is this the updated version or is there a problem?  doesn't seem to be version 4.75 and connection has been a bit off this last couple hours

same here went to install new build and it says 4.74

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 minutes ago, adtha1 said:

same here went to install new build and it says 4.74


I think They Forgot to upload the new version , It says 4.7.5 on the download page but the actual FILE that you download is still the older 4.7.4 version. They also Forgot to Pin the thread in the forums. And they also Locked it so people can't post so i think a few things got skipped.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
13 minutes ago, Dom1no said:


I think They Forgot to upload the new version , It says 4.7.5 on the download page but the actual FILE that you download is still the older 4.7.4 version. They also Forgot to Pin the thread in the forums. And they also Locked it so people can't post so i think a few things got skipped.

Agree. yeah, I just looked at the file they have posted as the version released today and it is timestamped Aug 30th.  it's the old version.  doh! 🤦‍♂️ lol  oh well.  they'll probably correct it soon hopefully. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, Therealone said:

Update: Looks like the correct version is posted there now.  I just installed it and it says 4.75 now.

yes and it works great so far🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
20 hours ago, Therealone said:

Update: Looks like the correct version is posted there now.  I just installed it and it says 4.75 now.

Sorry about that - it was actually uploaded but cache was needing a clearing before the new build was reflected :)

Regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

The v4.7.5 update has worked for me on MacOS and Windows, but both of them still display an annoying "Update available Now. Get it Now!"

v4.7.5 is displayed under TORGUARD in the app window, and in Terminal on my Mac, "plutil -p /Applications/TorGuard.app/Contents/Info.plist | grep CFBundleShortVersionString" returns "CFBundleShortVersionString" => "4.7.5"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
51 minutes ago, RayB said:

The v4.7.5 update has worked for me on MacOS and Windows, but both of them still display an annoying "Update available Now. Get it Now!"

v4.7.5 is displayed under TORGUARD in the app window, and in Terminal on my Mac, "plutil -p /Applications/TorGuard.app/Contents/Info.plist | grep CFBundleShortVersionString" returns "CFBundleShortVersionString" => "4.7.5"

im also getting the Update available now but I have updated already to v4.7.5 on windows 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
27 minutes ago, adtha1 said:

im also getting the Update available now but I have updated already to v4.7.5 on windows 

 

We will resolve the update notification - a small release will be pushed today but please ignore for now.

Regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
23 minutes ago, Support said:

 

We will resolve the update notification - a small release will be pushed today but please ignore for now.

Regards

ok thank u have a great day🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Support said:

 

We will resolve the update notification - a small release will be pushed today but please ignore for now.

Regards

Thank you.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, Support said:

 

We will resolve the update notification - a small release will be pushed today but please ignore for now.

Regards

 

thank u for fixing it have a great day keep up the great work everyone and thank u for all the hard work and time and care u put in🙂

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Somehow my WireGuard still disconnects after a full revo uninstall of 4.7.4(which also had disconnect issues). This only happens when I'm on my ISP's Wi-Fi hotspot, which is all I have access to at work, so could be implementing some form of block on WireGuard, perhaps blocking traffic on port 1443? If that was the case, I wonder why I can stay connected for as long as an hour or 2 before eventually reconnecting. No issues when using OpenVPN on this Wi-Fi hotspot, however.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Unfortunately, I spoke to soon, this update must have something broken in it as it constantly disconnects now... prior release was pretty solid but since this one, it's a constant random disconnect or "partial" connection issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 hours ago, Therealone said:

Unfortunately, I spoke to soon, this update must have something broken in it as it constantly disconnects now... prior release was pretty solid but since this one, it's a constant random disconnect or "partial" connection issue. 

 

the same has been going on with me seems to do it a lot when i go to YouTube  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 hours ago, adtha1 said:

 

the same has been going on with me seems to do it a lot when i go to YouTube  

yeah.. after updating pc and restarting, then torguard refused to connect at all.. I changed out of using wireguard and got connected but still, this thing seems broken again. 🤦‍♂️  can't seem to connect at all and tried reinstalling.  gonna have to talk to support again I guess

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

update i have had to use open vpn to get 4.7.5 to work right wireguard seems to be broken some how in the last update and this one🤒

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 minutes ago, adtha1 said:

update i have had to use open vpn to get 4.7.5 to work right wireguard seems to be broken some how in the last update and this one🤒


I think you should Contact Support through a Ticket because i have been using Wireguard 24/7 on version 4.7.5 and it has stayed connected all day without any issues at all. So there is likely something causing the issues on your end, Maybe use an uninstaller tool like Revo Uninstaller and uninstall wireguard and torguard everything and install it all Fresh and Make sure you Configure the settings in the torguard APP Properly. If there was a serious issue with it there would be like 100 people complaining in the forums almost everyone uses wireguard and there are not many having issues so it is likely something on your end maybe even Antivirus/Firewall or settings in the application or Remnants from old versions left behind on your computer causing a conflict.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, Dom1no said:


I think you should Contact Support through a Ticket because i have been using Wireguard 24/7 on version 4.7.5 and it has stayed connected all day without any issues at all. So there is likely something causing the issues on your end, Maybe use an uninstaller tool like Revo Uninstaller and uninstall wireguard and torguard everything and install it all Fresh and Make sure you Configure the settings in the torguard APP Properly. If there was a serious issue with it there would be like 100 people complaining in the forums almost everyone uses wireguard and there are not many having issues so it is likely something on your end maybe even Antivirus/Firewall or settings in the application or Remnants from old versions left behind on your computer causing a conflict.

 

 

thanks i will try 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, Dom1no said:


I think you should Contact Support through a Ticket because i have been using Wireguard 24/7 on version 4.7.5 and it has stayed connected all day without any issues at all. So there is likely something causing the issues on your end, Maybe use an uninstaller tool like Revo Uninstaller and uninstall wireguard and torguard everything and install it all Fresh and Make sure you Configure the settings in the torguard APP Properly. If there was a serious issue with it there would be like 100 people complaining in the forums almost everyone uses wireguard and there are not many having issues so it is likely something on your end maybe even Antivirus/Firewall or settings in the application or Remnants from old versions left behind on your computer causing a conflict.

 

 

thanks fir the help seems to be working great now with a new fresh install😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 10/1/2021 at 6:56 PM, adtha1 said:

 

 

thanks fir the help seems to be working great now with a new fresh install😊

I tried fresh install as well.  it resolved it BRIEFLY... but then the issue returned.. it's absolutely an issue with wireguard.  AGAIN. lol.. wireguard is great when it works.. but this will be the third issue I've had with it and I've tried uninstall reinstall.  I don't know but finally gave up and switched to openvpn again.  I don't know what issue wireguard has with this latest update but will try again later I guess.  I'd prefer using wireguard of course as it seems to be the best when it works but when it doesn't it's completely unreliable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
9 minutes ago, Therealone said:

I tried fresh install as well.  it resolved it BRIEFLY... but then the issue returned.. it's absolutely an issue with wireguard.  AGAIN. lol.. wireguard is great when it works.. but this will be the third issue I've had with it and I've tried uninstall reinstall.  I don't know but finally gave up and switched to openvpn again.  I don't know what issue wireguard has with this latest update but will try again later I guess.  I'd prefer using wireguard of course as it seems to be the best when it works but when it doesn't it's completely unreliable. 


If you tried cleanly* Reinstalling The Torguard App And Wireguard Both* with Revo Uninstaller or a similar Tool , it could be that Wireguard just doesn't work well with your ISP/Network possibly.... But more likely that it's your settings such as DNS and other settings inside the App. Torguard has thousands of Customers and Most of them use Wireguard but MOST of them are Not having any issues which points the problem towards your end. I been running Wireguard using the Torguard App 24/7 without any issues.

What DNS are you using? >>> What other settings do you have set?  you have a picture? It's either your settings or maybe your Network/ISP doesn't work well with Wireguard OR maybe something on your computer is causing the issues such as Antivirus or Firewall or something else.... But if there was a problem with The Application/Wireguard there would be ALOT of people with the same issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
58 minutes ago, Dom1no said:


If you tried cleanly* Reinstalling The Torguard App And Wireguard Both* with Revo Uninstaller or a similar Tool , it could be that Wireguard just doesn't work well with your ISP/Network possibly.... But more likely that it's your settings such as DNS and other settings inside the App. Torguard has thousands of Customers and Most of them use Wireguard but MOST of them are Not having any issues which points the problem towards your end. I been running Wireguard using the Torguard App 24/7 without any issues.

What DNS are you using? >>> What other settings do you have set?  you have a picture? It's either your settings or maybe your Network/ISP doesn't work well with Wireguard OR maybe something on your computer is causing the issues such as Antivirus or Firewall or something else.... But if there was a problem with The Application/Wireguard there would be ALOT of people with the same issue.

you assume most aren't having issues but that may not be the case.  I'm using it right now and once again it seems to be fine without disconnecting.  so.. I think it may have some kind of need for improvement but just not sure where exactly as wireguard while it works great when it does, may not be perfect.  Example: I have a friend local here whom I recommended torguard to and he has had similar issues but is too busy to report every little hiccup.  my PC is very new, very powerful and again, I've gone years without issue with torguard.  I'm also not a novice in the tech field.  Not knocking you here but blanket assumptions are not a good thing in general.  All that said, when all else fails, might as well just blame Mercury Retrograde lol I mean why not.  sometimes tech just doesn't work perfectly.  I get it.  Could be the isp, could be Windows too of course.  I wonder how Windows 11 is going to be compared to the latest 10 which to be fair has been pretty reliable last few years overall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...