TorGuard

New at This

Rate this question

Question

I use Frostwire to download my torrent files I have installed TorGuard Proxy on my pc and and I activated the program with my UN and PW I also opened Frostwire and put in the TorGuard proxy info in the Proxy Options section in Frostwire. Is that it ? How do I know that my Ip is not being seen while using Frostwire because I can not tell,any help from anyone would be great.Thanks

I just noticed that on the TorGuard proxy program Frostwire is not listed what do I set it to or do I need it ? Do I just make sure the Frostwire Proxy Options are inputted in.This is a little confusing.

5 answers to this question

Support

Hello ojib

I suggest you use our VPN service if using this software - submit a ticket to support desk and they will switch you over.

Regards

So what you are telling me that when I use Frostwire to download my torrents I'm not anonymous even though I changed in the Frostwire Proxy Options to the Advanced and Proxy tab to bring up the options menu shown below.Select the Socks v5 option

Proxy: Enter proxy.torguard.tg or the IP of the TorGuard proxy you wish to connect to.

Port: Enter 1080

Click the Enable Authentication checkbox.

Enter your TorGuard proxy username and password.I thought I was using your VPN service.This is really confusing now.

Support

Hi - frost wire has a habit of leaking using a proxy - thats why we recommend using a VPN for this app.

Regards