TorGuard

Router Network Outage Once Disconnected

Rate this question

A_Man_Named_Jayne

Question

When disconnecting the VPN my router network connectivity gets disconnected. I currently use Optimum and the version of Torguarrd that I use is 4.7.2. I currently have a kill switch set up for Qbitorrent but it happens every time I disconnect from the VPN. In order to fix this I need to reboot my router. The rest of the serttings are set yo default. Is there a setting that I should be disabling that will fix this? This just started recently and have not done anything differently since.

4 answers to this question

Is the client running on your router? 

If not, it may have to do with "static routing" and torguard not being "run as administrator" or "sudo" to clear those routes. 

I suggest you try wireguard with a Torguard generated config to see if you can isolate the issue to:

1) protocol 

2) routing

3) which computer 

The client is running on my desktop. My computer is connected to a switch going to my router. A few weeks ago I was not having that issue and there were no updates nor settings were changed. 

The protocol I'm using is TCP

My routing is via switch with the switch connected to the router.

My main desktop as long as any devices connected to WiFi are affected.

So the client on your desktop is using the Torguard app. Since you mentioned TCP I'm presuming you are using OpenVPN? 

Can you get the basic wireguard or openvpn client for windows or Linux and use the config generator to see if the issue is exists within the apps configuration or within the OS configuration? 

Has running the Torguard app as administrator changed anything? 

Udp is generally faster however it may require administrative privileges 

On 9/28/2021 at 12:14 AM, BukkakeBlaster said:

So the client on your desktop is using the Torguard app. Since you mentioned TCP I'm presuming you are using OpenVPN? 

Can you get the basic wireguard or openvpn client for windows or Linux and use the config generator to see if the issue is exists within the apps configuration or within the OS configuration? 

Has running the Torguard app as administrator changed anything? 

Udp is generally faster however it may require administrative privileges 

I will give that a shot. I opened a service ticket as well so let's see if that helps as well.