TorGuard

What happened to Windows client update notification?

Rate this question

John Doe 3000

Question

I've been using the Torguard service and Win client (Ubuntu & Android clients as well) for ~3 years now.
I remember the Windows client used to display a simple notification on its UI upon startup when a newer version of the client was available. That functionality stopped working some time ago, which causes my client to be out of data by several version when I remember to manually check the downloads page.

Is there a reason the "newer version available" functionality stopped working?
Did I miss a setting somewhere?

I've done an uninstall and reinstall of the win 10 client yet the problem persists.

2 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, John Doe 3000 said:

I've been using the Torguard service and Win client (Ubuntu & Android clients as well) for ~3 years now.
I remember the Windows client used to display a simple notification on its UI upon startup when a newer version of the client was available. That functionality stopped working some time ago, which causes my client to be out of data by several version when I remember to manually check the downloads page.

Is there a reason the "newer version available" functionality stopped working?
Did I miss a setting somewhere?

I've done an uninstall and reinstall of the win 10 client yet the problem persists.

I haven't seen that update Notification your talking about in a long time at least 6 months maybe longer i assume it was Removed or it's broken i am not sure which, I just got used to checking the downloads page and forums for updates on a regular basis but i can confirm that the Notification for updates has not Notified me of any updates in a long time. I don't think there is a setting for it in settings but i could be wrong.

14 minutes ago, Dom1no said:

I haven't seen that update Notification your talking about in a long time at least 6 months maybe longer i assume it was Removed or it's broken i am not sure which, I just got used to checking the downloads page and forums for updates on a regular basis but i can confirm that the Notification for updates has not Notified me of any updates in a long time. I don't think there is a setting for it in settings but i could be wrong.

Same here it needs to be investigated.