TorGuard Client v4.7.3

Rate this question

Support

Question

===================================
TorGuard Production release
Release torguard-v4.7.3, 2021-07-20
===================================
- Windows: Improving WireGuard connection time.
- Windows: High Dpi is enabled by default.
- MacOS: Bug Fix: Debug Log Window was opening behind the main window

Downloads

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2021 at 8:11 AM, adtha1 said:

update post with my new windows update wire guard seems to be working better now 

I'm on the latest Windows update, updated back to 4.7.3 and still getting disconnects on wireguard on my laptop(4.7.3 has been rock solid on my desktop). Dang...welp, back to 4.6.0. I go.

On 8/14/2021 at 9:07 PM, Cytane89 said:

I'm on the latest Windows update, updated back to 4.7.3 and still getting disconnects on wireguard on my laptop(4.7.3 has been rock solid on my desktop). Dang...welp, back to 4.6.0. I go.

Hi - try below to see if this resolves your problem - there are no changes in regards to WG so its odd you see this.

1) Delete the following folder >> C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VPNetworkLLC renaming "user" to your OS account name.

2) Open Regedit and delete the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VPNetworkLLC

3) Reboot (important) and then re-download and install the latest build from here https://torguard.net/downloads.php

Let me know how you go.

Regards

On 8/17/2021 at 5:06 PM, Support said:

Hi - try below to see if this resolves your problem - there are no changes in regards to WG so its odd you see this.

1) Delete the following folder >> C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VPNetworkLLC renaming "user" to your OS account name.

2) Open Regedit and delete the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VPNetworkLLC

3) Reboot (important) and then re-download and install the latest build from here https://torguard.net/downloads.php

Let me know how you go.

Regards

Have followed all of those instructions and I thought it was fine, until after an hour 4.7.3 TG disconnected and reconnected itself.

edit: I did a revo uninstall to get rid of TAP, WG, and TG and cleared all the file/registry remnants through that and reinstalled 4.7.3. Been more than an hour and no disconnects yet. Fingers crossed!

double edit: Doesn't disconnect as often, but still happens. *Sigh* back to 4.6.0 I go.

On 7/22/2021 at 11:13 AM, Support said:

Hello,

Try to clear the app caches and reset the settings, maybe something was corrupted during the upgrade - try the steps below:

1) Go to more settings --> general tab --> click restore defaults
2) Go to more settings --> general tab --> click Refresh next to Refresh Server List
3) Go to more settings --> network tab --> click clean cache and refresh cache in that order
4) Reinstall the latest build https://torguard.net/downloads.php and retest please (if you haven't already).

Let me know how you go. Thanks

This worked for me but now i lost all my port forwarding servers. how do i get those back?

13 hours ago, Duder said:

This worked for me but now i lost all my port forwarding servers. how do i get those back?

If you restored default settings without backup, the only way to get them back is to recreate them. In your quote of support I actually disagree with step 4, here is why:

I see suggestion to reinstall client, no, actually you do not want to reinstall as in that case you might run into same problem causing requirement for step 1-3 from your quote. Best is always if you uninstall old before you try installing new.

On 8/17/2021 at 11:06 PM, Support said:

Let me know how you go.

Regards

I think this would be maybe better description:

1. After settings are restored to default values and cache cleaned, close torguard client before trying to connect or changing any settings.

2. Depending from which version you have upgraded and if there were any changes which require system reboot, like registry edits, reboot before trying to connect.

On some old test machine with v3 torguard client on it, I upgraded system and client, so far only what is reported happens which were resolved as I described above, I experience no other reported bugs for now (like constant dropping/reconnect issue).

I am also having random disconnects when using the new Torguard versions, older versions don't have this problem and it's only when I use Wireguard, a few times a day it will disconnect for no apparent reason.

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

I am also having random disconnects when using the new Torguard versions, older versions don't have this problem and it's only when I use Wireguard, a few times a day it will disconnect for no apparent reason.

it also has done the same thing for me as of tonight 

I have tried the steps supplied by support of uninstalling the program, removing the registry keys and deleting the files from Appdata rebooting then reinstalling and so far I've been connected for 12 hours without a dropout.  Fingers crossed.  It's something to do with wireguard on the new build as with other options I could stay connected without an issue, and previously wireguard would stay connected for weeks without a problem.

I'll know in the next 48 hours if my problem is resolved. 

yes, mine dropped connection once in the last 24 hours, I guess that's acceptable, but it's a new thing, never happened in previous versions, obviously need more time to see if that was just a random drop of if it's a regular thing, at least after removing and reinstalling it's not doing it constantly every few hours now.

13 hours ago, adtha1 said:

update im back on 4.7.2 and everything is working great for me now 

To be honest we don't have a great deal of support issues with disconnects - I wonder if theres some conflict when upgrading.

Did you try the steps I posted earlier?

Regards

3 hours ago, Support said:

To be honest we don't have a great deal of support issues with disconnects - I wonder if theres some conflict when upgrading.

Did you try the steps I posted earlier?

Regards

yes i did still disconnects randomly on wire guard so im staying with 4.7.2 until a new update comes out because 4.7.2 don't disconnect at all and works great for me 

1 hour ago, adtha1 said:

update post im back on 4.7.3 uninstalled and reinstalled it and seems to be working great now 

I been using 4.7.3 Since it was Released and have not experienced any of these issues been running smooth without any disconnects for a long time. Maybe it was just because it was not Cleanly/Freshly Installed or maybe it's caused by Settings you have set maybe the DNS you are using Went down For a second and Caused the Disconnect Depending on the DNS your using it could cause issues. But for me it's been smooth.

6 hours ago, Dom1no said:

I been using 4.7.3 Since it was Released and have not experienced any of these issues been running smooth without any disconnects for a long time. Maybe it was just because it was not Cleanly/Freshly Installed or maybe it's caused by Settings you have set maybe the DNS you are using Went down For a second and Caused the Disconnect Depending on the DNS your using it could cause issues. But for me it's been smooth.

ya maybe but 4.7.3 is running great for me now to 

I'm still getting disconnects, I'll try do it all over again and see if there is any improvement, I'm disconnecting 7 or more times a day at the moment for some reason.

On 8/29/2021 at 12:58 AM, phrunt said:

I'm still getting disconnects, I'll try do it all over again and see if there is any improvement, I'm disconnecting 7 or more times a day at the moment for some reason.

I had tried all of the solutions in this thread to no avail. So instead, I simply upgraded from 4.6.0(this version doesn't have the issue with disconnects as the newer ones did for me) to 4.7.3, but this time unchecked the "Install Wireguard" option presented in the installer for 4.7.3, and now I'm on 4.7.3 and haven't had a disconnect yet and it's been 5 hours. Might be worth looking into.

edit: Spoke too soon, getting disconnects...again. Don't mind me, just waltzing on back to an earlier version. Gonna try 4.7.2 instead to see if a more recent version is fine, instead of 4.6.0 which has no disconnects for me.

double edit: Yep, have used my laptop for many hours, days on end now, and haven't had a single disconnect on 4.7.2. So something goes awry when upgrading to 4.7.3.

• Like 1