TorGuard Client v4.7.3

Rate this question

Support

Question

===================================
TorGuard Production release
Release torguard-v4.7.3, 2021-07-20
===================================
- Windows: Improving WireGuard connection time.
- Windows: High Dpi is enabled by default.
- MacOS: Bug Fix: Debug Log Window was opening behind the main window

Downloads

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just updated on mac. Whole app is now broken. Stuck on "Connecting" and never manages to, even 5+ minutes later. Will have to downgrade. This is getting kind of ridiculous, Torguard. Every update recently has been breaking the entire app.

4 hours ago, aj_mancuso said:

Have already tried this with no luck. Only OpenVPN is connecting, not WireGuard.

Hello,

Try to clear the app caches and reset the settings, maybe something was corrupted during the upgrade - try the steps below:

1) Go to more settings --> general tab --> click restore defaults
2) Go to more settings --> general tab --> click Refresh next to Refresh Server List
3) Go to more settings --> network tab --> click clean cache and refresh cache in that order
4) Reinstall the latest build https://torguard.net/downloads.php and retest please (if you haven't already).

Let me know how you go. Thanks

4 hours ago, TorGuard said:

Keep up the good work. Still looking to be able to access the settings while connected. 🤞

We are doing a good bit of separation changes on backend which may take a wee bit longer but then these features will all come at once :) 

10 minutes ago, aj_mancuso said:

Just updated on mac. Whole app is now broken. Stuck on "Connecting" and never manages to, even 5+ minutes later. Will have to downgrade. This is getting kind of ridiculous, Torguard. Every update recently has been breaking the entire app.

I have now downgraded back to 4.7.2, cleared the network cache and restored default settings. Only OpenVPN works; WireGuard protocol has reoccurring handshake failure.

I was having serious issues with the newer versions of the app freezing or taking extensive long times to connect on Windows 10 Pro.  Some troubleshooting and I found out my AV, Webroot, was hindering the connection process.  I created a folder whitelist for the Torguard applicatoin folder and added exclusions for TAP, Torguard, and Wireguard.  Now it connects flawlessly.  If you are having issues connecting, check to see if you have exclusions in your AV and firewall products.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Glitch01 said:

I was having serious issues with the newer versions of the app freezing or taking extensive long times to connect on Windows 10 Pro.  Some troubleshooting and I found out my AV, Webroot, was hindering the connection process.  I created a folder whitelist for the Torguard applicatoin folder and added exclusions for TAP, Torguard, and Wireguard.  Now it connects flawlessly.  If you are having issues connecting, check to see if you have exclusions in your AV and firewall products.

Have already tried this with no luck. Only OpenVPN is connecting, not WireGuard.

43 minutes ago, Support said:

Hello,

Try to clear the app aches and reset the settings, maybe something was corrupted during the upgrade - try the steps below:

1) Go to more settings --> general tab --> click restore defaults
2) Go to more settings --> general tab --> click Refresh next to Refresh Server List
3) Go to more settings --> network tab --> click clean cache and refresh cache in that order
4) Reinstall the latest build https://torguard.net/downloads.php and retest please (if you haven't already).

Let me know how you go. Thanks

It worked! Although there was no option for me to clean the cash in Step 3) first, it is all fixed now. Thank you so much!

2 hours ago, aj_mancuso said:

It worked! Although there was no option for me to clean the cash in Step 3) first, it is all fixed now. Thank you so much!

Glad to hear that worked :)

Regards

On 7/26/2021 at 1:29 PM, adtha1 said:

thank u for all your hard work 4.7.3 is working great 

Thanks for your kind words :)

• Thanks 1

I'm facing serious issues with WireGuard protocol. Only OpenVPN & OpenConnect works without disconnection. With WireGuard, the disconnection happens at random intervals. Sometimes, right after 2 mins whereas sometimes after 1 hr. However, when I generate WireGuard config file and use it with the native WireGuard App, the connection is flawless. So, there is some issue with respect to TorGuard VPN app. I even created a support ticket to sort out this issue but nobody seems to acknowledge the issue and rectify it. The support team kept stating over emails that there has to be some issue only on my end so, I finally gave up after following up with them for 10+ days.

Now, I tried updating the VPN client to 4.7.3 and the issue still persists. I've followed all the steps that was mentioned here in this forum by the Support admin still no use. Also, I'm not using any third party antivirus apps and have whitelisted all the programs related to TorGuard and WireGuard. I've also whitelisted all these programs on the firewall just to be extra sure. In spite of all this, I'm not able to get TorGuard VPN app to work flawlessly with WireGuard protocol. I'm so tired of this issue. This issue never occurred to me when I was using SurfShark VPN.

Can someone please, help me with a fix? Is there any fix first of all? I'm totally out of options & I get tired of trying to find a fix.

Thanks a lot in advance!

42 minutes ago, Venkat said:

I'm facing serious issues with WireGuard protocol. Only OpenVPN & OpenConnect works without disconnection. With WireGuard, the disconnection happens at random intervals. Sometimes, right after 2 mins whereas sometimes after 1 hr. However, when I generate WireGuard config file and use it with the native WireGuard App, the connection is flawless. So, there is some issue with respect to TorGuard VPN app. I even created a support ticket to sort out this issue but nobody seems to acknowledge the issue and rectify it. The support team kept stating over emails that there has to be some issue only on my end so, I finally gave up after following up with them for 10+ days.

Now, I tried updating the VPN client to 4.7.3 and the issue still persists. I've followed all the steps that was mentioned here in this forum by the Support admin still no use. Also, I'm not using any third party antivirus apps and have whitelisted all the programs related to TorGuard and WireGuard. I've also whitelisted all these programs on the firewall just to be extra sure. In spite of all this, I'm not able to get TorGuard VPN app to work flawlessly with WireGuard protocol. I'm so tired of this issue. This issue never occurred to me when I was using SurfShark VPN.

Can someone please, help me with a fix? Is there any fix first of all? I'm totally out of options & I get tired of trying to find a fix.

Thanks a lot in advance!

I have been using The Torguard Application Daily and i am Also using Wireguard and am not seeing any disconnects.... I also do not see other people posting on the forums with This problem you are having which would indicate the problem you are having is on your end. It Honestly could be any number of things that could be wrong > A picture of your settings would help like i don't know what settings you have set inside the application maybe something is misconfigured...

It would seem though that this is not a common issue but something specifically related to your computer environment because for almost everyone else it is working flawlessly. In your Settings under the Network* Tab are the Main settings it could be something configured wrong in there. Not sure what you have set though,

@VenkatI agree with @Dom1no, this is probably something on your side. When you say TorGuard disconnects with wireguard, then without a log nobody can tell you more. On one side wireguard is connectionless protocol, once you connect, you do not need to reconnect even by switching networks. Agreeing with dom1no, go to your settings and enable debug log, then reproduce your issue and send your log to TorGuard Support (by opening ticket as example). TorGuard will be able to see if anything is faulty on their side, which we all doubt, but more important is that they might know how you can resolve it if they see anything relevant in logs.

On 8/2/2021 at 4:35 PM, Venkat said:

Thanks a lot in advance!

As of super recent, my client has been disconnecting at random as well when using WG. I've been using TG for almost a year, and this hasn't started happening until recently and I'm not sure why. The client works fine with no disconnects on my desktop, but when I'm at work on my laptop(usually using public wifi hotspots from my ISP), that's when the random disconnects happen. I've been using these same networks at work with WG with no random disconnects until very recent. When I'm back to work on the weekend I'll try to document and provide my log to TG Support as well. Perhaps we're facing the same issue.

On 8/2/2021 at 1:35 PM, Venkat said:

Thanks a lot in advance!

I can also confirm that I am having the same issue as you with v4.7.3. I'm unable to complete a 10GB upload to my cloud without the connection dropping, and this is only with Wireguard. I simply reverted to version v4.6.0, which resolved the connection problems. It only reminds me that, because of potential bugs like this, I don't enjoy updating until it's really required.

22 hours ago, 65433765 said:

I can also confirm that I am having the same issue as you with v4.7.3. I'm unable to complete a 10GB upload to my cloud without the connection dropping, and this is only with Wireguard. I simply reverted to version v4.6.0, which resolved the connection problems. It only reminds me that, because of potential bugs like this, I don't enjoy updating until it's really required.

Where were you able to find previous versions of TG, specifically 4.6.0? I'd like to give it a try and see if my issues fix as well.

edit: Was able to find it, and haven't had a disconnect yet...Seeming like this is an issue with the newest version...Unfortunate.

double edit: Just an update. More than an hour later, not a single disconnect after downgrading from 4.7.3 to 4.6.0.

Hi same issue unable to connecxt via wireguard. Ha`ve refreshed it all and cleared the cache.  I can login via the other 2 methods.

having a problem with new build when i use wire guard it disconnects from time to time usually once a day the other protocols open vpn and open connect work great 

I just want to say, I am running TorGuard on multiple OS's and devices. iOS, Mac OSX Big Sur on the m1 chip (mac mini) and two different computers running Arch Linux (Arco Distribution) and things are running absolutely amazing.

Thanks for all your hard work!

7 hours ago, adtha1 said:

update as of this post wire guard is working great now 

Did you change any settings, or did it just start working outta the blue? Will try to go back to the latest version on my laptop and hope the disconnects stopped.

12 hours ago, Cytane89 said:

Did you change any settings, or did it just start working outta the blue? Will try to go back to the latest version on my laptop and hope the disconnects stopped.

i had to disconnect and then re connect then it works for me as of this reply i seem to still have to do that to get it to work