TorGuard

Paramount+ not supported

Rate this question

GWIL

Question

Have a streaming dedicated VPN plan which has worked with all streaming service providers that we have, but this week failed to work on Paramount Plus - through much trial and error - it is a hard IP block.

contacting support they want to charge $5 for a replacement IP address, they are stating that Paramount + is not a supported streamer they will support 

Does anyone know where the list of “supported” applications are? Does anyone have a recommendation for a VPN provider that will actually support all major US streaming apps?

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, GWIL said:

Have a streaming dedicated VPN plan which has worked with all streaming service providers that we have, but this week failed to work on Paramount Plus - through much trial and error - it is a hard IP block.

contacting support they want to charge $5 for a replacement IP address, they are stating that Paramount + is not a supported streamer they will support 

Does anyone know where the list of “supported” applications are? Does anyone have a recommendation for a VPN provider that will actually support all major US streaming apps?

Was it working on Paramount initially? If so, sounds like it may have been bad luck and a new IP would work again. If you can get an IP that lasts you for at least a few weeks or more, I'd count that as a win. While there is probably other VPN providers offering streaming IP's, they'll likely have the exact same problem of being blocked as you are now. I'd try to stick with TorGuard if you can if their IP's do work for Paramount.

On 7/17/2021 at 2:33 PM, TorGuard said:

Was it working on Paramount initially? If so, sounds like it may have been bad luck and a new IP would work again. If you can get an IP that lasts you for at least a few weeks or more, I'd count that as a win. While there is probably other VPN providers offering streaming IP's, they'll likely have the exact same problem of being blocked as you are now. I'd try to stick with TorGuard if you can if their IP's do work for Paramount.

TorGuard support wants to charge $5 to try another IP as "Paramount +" is not a supported streamer. It does not seem reasonable to pay $5 every few weeks and count that as a "win"

If this is the policy in place, please confirm it here 

If That streaming Service is not "supported*" like if Support told you it is not supported then expecting it to work is maybe expecting too much... You have to understand that a dedicated IP is Only Used by YOU so expecting to get Free Unlimited IP switches to get an "Unsupported" streaming service to work is expecting too much. I don't think users should be allowed to Switch to a different Dedicated IP address Unlimited Times for Free because that spells Abuse... who knows what some users are doing with those IP's some users could be Abusing them so having to pay 5$ is not Surprising to me. 

Dedicated IP's are Not a Fix/Solve All Solution, I do not know which specific Services Are supported For streaming but if "Paramount +" is Not Supported then you should not be expecting it to work as that would be unreasonable , if by some LUCK it worked in the beginning but does not now and is Unsupported then you should accept that. 

Torguard is a Very Good Service!! I have been with them for Many Years and i HOPE to be with them Indefinitely , Instead of paying for Dedicated IP's instead i pay for 2 Different VPN Services so if you require Paramount + to work you might Consider Getting a 2nd VPN that "SUPPORTS" Paramount + .... I would Recommend Keeping Torguard though as they really are a good service i have talked with support many times over the years and they have always been 10/10. Like i say though if you NEED 
Paramount + to work and That streaming service is unsupported here then instead of paying for a dedicated IP just instead pay for a secondary VPN that supports that service but you can't expect it to work if it is unsupported.