TorGuard

vpn blocked by some websites

Rate this topic

RayStevens

Hi.  My vpn is being blocked by such websites like  Walmart or Craigslist for example making me turn off the vpn to access.  Is there a tutorial on how to get around this?

This is Fairly Common with All VPN's - Sites Block some of the IP's Due to Abuse or Whatever they did wrong on that specific Site to get it blocked. Each VPN location has Multiple IP's ... So for example if you connected to Seattle USA and then disconnect/reconnect to the same location you will likely get assigned a different* random IP for that specific Location.

So the Fix for this is to find a specific IP for whatever Location your using and when you find one that works on all the sites you use there is a option to "PIN" The ip address to save that specific one so you can connect to the specific one that works all the time. Inside the Torguard Application when you are connected! it displays the IP you are connected to and beside that is the PIN you can pin/unpin to save a specific IP to basically make it Semi-Dedicated by allowing you to always connect to a specific one.

Sometimes Tweaking DNS settings and stuff can Help as well so you can try changing DNS too.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 1:16 PM, RayStevens said:

Hi.  My vpn is being blocked by such websites like  Walmart or Craigslist for example making me turn off the vpn to access.  Is there a tutorial on how to get around this?

One day I got frustrated with this. Since I hardly do any torrenting, I got a residential IP with TorGuard of course, and no problems streaming or general browsing especially on retail websites. I also tried the streaming IPs, mostly LA and SanDiego, and again no problems with retail websites such as etsy.com, target.com, just tried walmart.com and craigslist on my LA streaming IP and works fine. Just keep in mind the regular datacenter IPs alot abuse, meaning they may use bots to scalp certain products or just do bad stuff with the regular VPN IP, but I generally find the streaming IPs or even residential IPs the best for browsing and of course streaming, again torrenting isnt to be used on the streaming IPs.

Thanks for the tips.  I'll have to check out the "residential IP" thing and "streaming" IP thing.  I for sure don't want to use a streaming IP for torrenting and cause problems.  Just looking to surfing without constantly turning off the VPN.