TorGuard

Slow Download Speeds

Rate this topic

subiedude7

Anyone experiencing slow download speeds the past few weeks? I am losing 100-150 Mbps whereas a few weeks ago I had zero overhead (minimal download loss). My hardware and network are not the issue.

I have tried installing the different TUN adapters, swapped servers that are close in proximity to my location, Wireguard and UDP (both of which I had no problems with previously anyway), different DNS settings, different MTU settings. I have come to the conclusion that the servers are just congested now unless there is a bug in the latest Windows client releases...

• subiedude7 changed the title to Slow Download Speeds
  • 11 months later...

lol - thought this was a recent post and see now that it is from 2021 - gotta love it.

yep i've noticed something is awry and it slowly went down during the last couple weeks although it seems to have been going down in speeds for the past ohhhh couple months in the evenings.

daytime seems to be fine for me EST.    I get 90mbps + during the day so all is well, but at not it's less than 5mbps and I spend wayyyy too much time trying to see what the other U.S. and Canada servers provide.  

Used to be I could reboot or change a server and I would be pretty good again in the even at around 30-40mbps but now less than 5mbps and waste of my time troubleshooting.   It's on Torguards end since I have fiber and when off Torguard I'm screaming at over 90mbps, but as soon as on Torguard in the evening and whump - less than 5mbps.

On a side not I have to keep signing in to Torguard just to reply to this email after signing in to submit a ticket then went to the forums and now have to sign in again because can only do a search every 15 seconds it said unless I was signed in and now I'm signing in a third time just to reply to this question.    super frustrating CX crap.

12 hours ago, RobertEST said:

lol - thought this was a recent post and see now that it is from 2021 - gotta love it.

yep i've noticed something is awry and it slowly went down during the last couple weeks although it seems to have been going down in speeds for the past ohhhh couple months in the evenings.

daytime seems to be fine for me EST.    I get 90mbps + during the day so all is well, but at not it's less than 5mbps and I spend wayyyy too much time trying to see what the other U.S. and Canada servers provide.  

Used to be I could reboot or change a server and I would be pretty good again in the even at around 30-40mbps but now less than 5mbps and waste of my time troubleshooting.   It's on Torguards end since I have fiber and when off Torguard I'm screaming at over 90mbps, but as soon as on Torguard in the evening and whump - less than 5mbps.

On a side not I have to keep signing in to Torguard just to reply to this email after signing in to submit a ticket then went to the forums and now have to sign in again because can only do a search every 15 seconds it said unless I was signed in and now I'm signing in a third time just to reply to this question.    super frustrating CX crap.

Hello,

We don't have any speed issues around the whole network - in fact we have upgraded server spec and increased b/w over most locations.

ISP's can throttle encrypted traffic or specific ports - that’s why you might think the VPN is the problem because when off it your seeing normal speeds (without encryption). Of course we can also question your hardware, your Wifi signal, whether your CPU is being used at times you see slowness (computer slow = VPN slow).

There are many variables when it comes to speed but to reduce from 90 to 5Mbps to me means either your ISP is throttling a specific type of traffic or there is an issue on your PC.

Regards

Support