TorGuard

TG Android client v1.60.1

ghostdestroyer

Question

How is this client working for everyone else because it doesn't drop the connection anymore for me and the modern design I like much better

4 answers to this question

Seems to still drop for me. I don't think I have any battery saving features on for my phone for TG, but often times when I check my phone after a decent period of inactivity. The "Enabled" will instead say "Connected" for TG in my phone's pull down menu and through ipleak I verify that it is my ISP's IP instead of TG's. So I have to disconnect from the VPN and then reconnect for it to be using the VPNs IP.

There are also times where TG will say "Enabled" on the pull down menu, but when I go into the app, it actually has a red "Reconnecting". This happened today, and I verified that in this case it actually remains connected with the proper VPN IP, but it's just disheartening to see. Pictures of this phenomenon are shown below.

1.jpg

2.jpg

22 minutes ago, Cytane89 said:

Seems to still drop for me. I don't think I have any battery saving features on for my phone for TG, but often times when I check my phone after a decent period of inactivity. The "Enabled" will instead say "Connected" for TG in my phone's pull down menu and through ipleak I verify that it is my ISP's IP instead of TG's. So I have to disconnect from the VPN and then reconnect for it to be using the VPNs IP.

There are also times where TG will say "Enabled" on the pull down menu, but when I go into the app, it actually has a red "Reconnecting". This happened today, and I verified that in this case it actually remains connected with the proper VPN IP, but it's just disheartening to see. Pictures of this phenomenon are shown below.

1.jpg

2.jpg

It's just a gut feeling but do you have "always on vpn " selected ? I have "auto connect on boot" selected on mine 

Yeah your problem was my issue also and apparently they still have work to do on this app , you might want to open a ticket with support .

5 hours ago, ghostdestroyer said:

It's just a gut feeling but do you have "always on vpn " selected ? I have "auto connect on boot" selected on mine 

Yeah your problem was my issue also and apparently they still have work to do on this app , you might want to open a ticket with support .

Yea, I recently turned on Always on VPN, but the issue has still happened afterwards. I didn't have "Auto Connect on Boot" selected, so I now have that on. I haven't rebooted my phone in a bit though, so perhaps that won't help me. Yea, think I will try a support ticket, thanks.

31 minutes ago, Cytane89 said:

Yea, I recently turned on Always on VPN, but the issue has still happened afterwards. I didn't have "Auto Connect on Boot" selected, so I now have that on. I haven't rebooted my phone in a bit though, so perhaps that won't help me. Yea, think I will try a support ticket, thanks.

I don't think they recommend having both both connection choices on at the same time , anyways support should be able to fix the app or correct your configuration but " auto connect on boot " seems to work for me . I really think the developers are working hard to create more reliable apps as it will be beneficial for their business . 

• Thanks 1