TorGuard

Am I hidden?

Rate this question

43524_1511348124

Question

43524_1511348124

So I use uTorrent and have all the settings and the "checkMyTorrentIP" running and says "success" on it. However, I found that it had failed at one point though I had downloads still running.

So does that mean I wasn't downloading through TorGuard proxies? Or was I and always going through the proxies if I have it setup in the settings of uTorrent?

Just want to know since uTorrent seems to download no matter if that "checkMyTorrentIP" is successful or not.

4 answers to this question

Support

Hello Jason

Yes thats correct, once you set a proxy you will only go through the proxy, if for any reason the proxy stopped working you would stop downloading, you would need to manually remove it for it to go through your ISP.

Regards

43524_1511348124

OK, so it just happened again. The exact error is "Proxy connect error: offline (timed out)" for the http://torguard.net/torrentip/announce.php tracker.

So I'm good still? The other downloads are still downloading. I'm still connected to the proxy? Sorry to be a bother, but I've had a couple other proxy services screw me over with things like this. I'm hoping TorGuard isn't.

Thanks.

Support

You are completely fine Jason - like i said, nothing will passthrough your ISP until you actually remove the proxy.

The time-outs you see are a split second which are not updated until the next tracker update which makes it seems like its not working.

But i can assure you it is working, don't worry.

Just make sure you have UPNP, UTP, NAT-PMP disabled.

Regards