Jump to content
TorGuard
  • 0

Setting port forward for qbittorrent

Rate this question


denied1977

Question

denied1977

Hi,

I'm just fresh new user of vpn and i'm trying to setup vpn for private torrenting and seeding (so I need UDP port forward for my client).

1) So I requested port forwarding with port from qbitorrent and ip from vpn ip (when i was connected).

After I got confirmation mail, I disconnected but I don't see my custom profile under custom server list (picture - custom list).

I restart it and refresh server list - what am I missing?

1263466961_Torguard-customlist.JPG.376faaac0317ccf03492419c5ba7473c.JPG

 

2) In qbittorrent, In connection tab I filled "Proxy server" fields with "SOCKS5" data and enter my user name and pass for Torguard vpn (is that correct?). Removed UPnP, selected TCP peer connecction protocol.

895518330_Torguard-qbittorrentconnections.jpg.791bf814eb8c9ad79d7a26149e0430cc.jpg

For functional seeding, do I have to do something more? I'm really total noob about VPN and I tried to google first but I stumble on a first step 😕

Thanks for the help 🙂

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
denied1977

I tried to connect to other server, restart application but still don't have custom profile above Australia. that's right place isn't it?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Ashutosh

 

4 hours ago, denied1977 said:

that's right place isn't it?

Yes, if you sort by "Custom First" (which you already have.)

If you are still not getting your dedicated IP(s) listed there, you can add your IP(s) manually:

torguard-add-ip.png.d6e8f89f103ca73c0a3f6d2374c9ad28.png

  1. Go to TorGuard Settings → Servers
  2. Click on the Add button
  3. A new dialog will appear, you have to add some information:
    • The Country and Name fields are optional and for your own reference.
    • Add your dedicated IP to the Address field.
    • Select the protocol and port you want to use.
    • Configure OpenConnect and WireGuard if you want to use those.
  4. Save the settings and check your server list again.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
denied1977

Hi,

Thanks for answer....

I wanted to forward 3 ports on one VPN IP with wireguard.....


1) I put country, custome name,  and address for port forward (from your mail)

2) For protocol I put UDP

3) Port left any

4) Checked "Wireguard supported" and one of three opened ports......How to put three ports (udp:55789, tcp:46000 and udp:46001)? Just for try I put one port which I want to be opened

5) Checked set as default

After I save it, I can not connect to that server - it says that connecting is taking too long and that I check firewall.

I can connect to your server with any problems just can't to custom made.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
denied1977
1 minute ago, Ashutosh said:

@denied1977 Please DELETE YOUR SCREENSHOT immediately, anyone can use your IP otherwise.

Done....tnx....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Ashutosh
9 minutes ago, denied1977 said:

Done....tnx....

No worries, you can blur your IPs next time.

35 minutes ago, denied1977 said:

Checked "Wireguard supported" and one of three opened ports......How to put three ports (udp:55789, tcp:46000 and udp:46001)? Just for try I put one port which I want to be opened

I have not used port forwarding with TorGuard personally, but I know that you need to configure your port forwarding rules from your profile, not the client: My ServicesManage  (next to your service) → Manage Port Forwards.

37 minutes ago, denied1977 said:

After I save it, I can not connect to that server - it says that connecting is taking too long and that I check firewall.

Try the default 1443 port for WireGuard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
denied1977
8 minutes ago, Ashutosh said:

No worries, you can blur your IPs next time.

I have not used port forwarding with TorGuard personally, but I know that you need to configure your port forwarding rules from your profile, not the client: My ServicesManage  (next to your service) → Manage Port Forwards.

 

Already done that - that's why i should have automatically custom server on the list. If i had i guess it wouldn't be any problems....And all three ports are approved on the same IP....

 

8 minutes ago, Ashutosh said:

Try the default 1443 port for WireGuard.

With that port it works....What does it mean? Why can't I put approved ports - and how to put three ports?

Thanks a lot for any help 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Ashutosh

@denied1977 Port forwarding rules basically allow traffic on the defined ports, it does not mean that you will be connecting to the VPN server using those ports, you have to use the ports that are actually supported by the remote server. Let me explain this using an example:

Let's assume that my dedicated IP is "192.252.213.14" and I want to run a service, let's say a web server, on 6754 port. Now, what would I do is go to my TG profile and add a rule:

Port: tcp:6754

On VPN IP: 192.252.213.14

For Remote IP(s): All or specific IP(s) (depending on use case)

Now, I can configure my web server (client) to use "6754" port and then connect to my web server by simply opening http://192.252.213.14:6754/ using any client of my choice. This is just a basic example, you can do much more things on the host machine for real world usage. And in case you don't have a dedicated IP, you would still do the same, but instead of opening a port directly, you need to request that from the TG support.

 

So keeping those things in mind, you actually need to define the port usage in your client (qBittorrent) which is responsible for managing (P2P) connections. The WireGuard port, in the TG client settings, is the port used to connect to the remote VPN server.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
denied1977
28 minutes ago, Ashutosh said:

@denied1977 Port forwarding rules basically allow traffic on the defined ports, it does not mean that you will be connecting to the VPN server using those ports, you have to use the ports that are actually supported by the remote server. Let me explain this using an example:

Let's assume that my dedicated IP is "192.252.213.14" and I want to run a service, let's say a web server, on 6754 port. Now, what would I do is go to my TG profile and add a rule:

Port: tcp:6754

On VPN IP: 192.252.213.14

For Remote IP(s): All or specific IP(s) (depending on use case)

Now, I can configure my web server (client) to use "6754" port and then connect to my web server by simply opening http://192.252.213.14:6754/ using any client of my choice. This is just a basic example, you can do much more things on the host machine for real world usage. And in case you don't have a dedicated IP, you would still do the same, but instead of opening a port directly, you need to request that from the TG support.

 

So keeping those things in mind, you actually need to define the port usage in your client (qBittorrent) which is responsible for managing (P2P) connections. The WireGuard port, in the TG client settings, is the port used to connect to the remote VPN server.

 

@Ashutosh

I'm obviously mixing VPN IP, dedicated IP and private IP.

My computer have static IP and I have on Torguard "normal dinamic public" IP (didn't buy dedicated IP). For example lets say in my private network i put for that computer 192.168.1.111 address.

And I want to port forward, port that I entered in qbittorrent.

468536010_TorguardPortFWrequest.thumb.jpg.12dad47a2c7fd0ac0e700629b8c1f7c8.jpg

In request, I entered UDP protocol and port from qbittorrent and in IP address (On VPN server) - that is public IP address on the internet which I got from Torguard. Is that correct, or I have to put IP address from my computer (lets say 192.168.1.111) in my private network?

I know I'm the biggest noob (self-learning), so please have patience 🙂

When I made custom server in "Address" I entered public IP (which i got from Torguard). And in this case ports are not opened.

1017263829_Torguard-customserver.jpg.22effb64a2d9052f572269359e154b72.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Ashutosh
1 hour ago, denied1977 said:

I'm obviously mixing VPN IP, dedicated IP and private IP.

VPN IP = Your public IP when connected to VPN.

Dedicated IP = I was referring to dedicated IP addon service offered by TG. If you don't have that, you can still request them to open ports for you.

Private IP = Your LAN IP, we don't really need that.

1 hour ago, denied1977 said:

For example lets say in my private network i put for that computer 192.168.1.111 address.

And I want to port forward, port that I entered in qbittorrent.

Please check this guide which talks about creating torrents using qBittorrent and port usage: https://www.ghacks.net/2019/09/20/how-to-create-a-private-torrent-using-qbittorrent/

In the guide, they have mentioned added port forwarding rules to your router, but here we are using TG instead. And it is important how you create those torrents, so check that section too.

1 hour ago, denied1977 said:

In request, I entered UDP protocol and port from qbittorrent and in IP address (On VPN server) - that is public IP address on the internet which I got from Torguard. Is that correct, or I have to put IP address from my computer (lets say 192.168.1.111) in my private network?

Yes, that is correct. You are simply asking TG to open the port and allow traffic.

1 hour ago, denied1977 said:

When I made custom server in "Address" I entered public IP (which i got from Torguard).

Yes, that's right:

  • Just add the country and name (if you want to)
  • Enter the IP address (you used to make request for port forwarding)
  • Enable WireGuard support if you want to, but don't change the WireGuard port
  • Save it and connect to it
1 hour ago, denied1977 said:

And in this case ports are not opened.

How did you test that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
denied1977

I connect through TG, copy that IP address (VPN dedicated IP) and request port forward for that address.

When I made wireguard custom server I left 1443 port.

After I connect immediately, I tried to test port on https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and it's closed. Also I can see on the torrent page (which is private) that I'm not connected....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...