TorGuard Client v4.6.0

Rate this question

Support

Question

Support
  • Like 1

23 answers to this question

ghostdestroyer

Works fine on macOS BIG SUR , Although spinning  wheel when changing server , and slows down my shutdown

same thing same thing this site on the forum needs work

ghostdestroyer

Works fine on macOS BIG SUR , Although spinning  wheel when changing server , and slows down my shutdown

Batojiri

TAP adapter check flags an error when driver is properly installed with this version. Uninstalled and reinstalled TAP driver and new client, still pops up error at check. Disabled TUN/TAP check at connect. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Ashutosh
2 hours ago, tekneek said:

just updated to v4.6.0, getting this error on launch.

tg-v4.6.0-error.jpg

Your graphics driver does not support OpenGL >=2.0 according to that message Try to update your graphics driver.

tekneek

It's an old onboard VGA adapter so there are no updated drivers. Any other workaround for this short of installing a video card?

intel-g33-g31.jpg

Ashutosh
20 hours ago, tekneek said:

Any other workaround for this short of installing a video card?

I don't have experience with Qt apps on Windows, but you can try this:

1. Go to System Properties → Advanced → Environment Variables
  2. Add a new system variable:
    • Name: QT_OPENGL
    • Value: angle
  3. Click on the OK button to save changes
  4. Try to run the client again

If you still face the problem, you can add another system variable:

I hope this works for you.

Sources: Qt for Windows - Requirements & Qt 5 on Windows ANGLE and OpenGL

• Like 1
tekneek

Added both system variables, with the 2nd using the "warp" value and v4.6.0 is now running correctly.

Thanks very much for your help, Ashutosh.

kx9134

I'm not sure why v4.6 uses newer version of wireguard and v4.6.2 uses an older version. Any reasons?

Support
1 hour ago, kx9134 said:

I'm not sure why v4.6 uses newer version of wireguard and v4.6.2 uses an older version. Any reasons?

Yes, we had to downgrade wireguard due to some issues, we are looking into this and will hopefully push the newer build on our next update.

Regards

jimmybgood

Actually, I like the new slick look. Glad you thought to add a config option to disable the "You are disconnected" nag.

I just updated to the new version 4.6.2 and everything seems to be working okay BUT when i disconnect i get a popup saying "the specified service does not exist as an installed service"

It pops up soon as i hit the Disconnect Button.

Screenshot_5.jpg

On 5/5/2021 at 3:52 AM, Support said:

Yes, we had to downgrade wireguard due to some issues, we are looking into this and will hopefully push the newer build on our next update.

Regards

Ah okay thanks for the clarification.

On 5/5/2021 at 12:30 AM, ghostdestroyer said:

I am using macOS big sur and yes v4.6.2 the wireguard slower 5g and still get spinning wheel when changing servers and slows my shutdown when the app doesn't quit for about 10 seconds

do like the new modern look though  

I don't even use the android app anymore because it disconnects continually ( do you ever test drive that app hasn't been updated for a long time)

Why do you use TorGuard Client at all?

12 hours ago, ghostdestroyer said:

Excuse me what are you trying to say? elaborate 

To reply to your question I would need to know what you interpret as elaborating.

I did not try to say anything, I simply asked why do use TorGuard client, regardless of OS, architecture or device and I hardly believe the question was hard to understand :)

ghostdestroyer
1 hour ago, 19807409 said:

To reply to your question I would need to know what you interpret as elaborating.

I did not try to say anything, I simply asked why do use TorGuard client, regardless of OS, architecture or device and I hardly believe the question was hard to understand :)

If you didn't say anything the post of yours is unrelated to my issues with the TG client quit wasting my time 

3 hours ago, Dan_C said:

is it time you unpin the one here and make one for v4.6.2

I am not sure, maybe it is 4.6.0, because few days ago I read 4.6.2 was taken down (not sure if for all OS or just specific), maybe that is why there is no 4.6.2 thread and it will be updated to 4.6.3 skipping 4.6.2. But in general I agree, this is misleading having 4.6.0 on top and 4.6.2 in downloads

ghostdestroyer

I am using macOS big sur and yes v4.6.2 the wireguard slower 5g and still get spinning wheel when changing servers and slows my shutdown when the app doesn't quit for about 10 seconds

do like the new modern look though  

I don't even use the android app anymore because it disconnects continually and I tried the new updated version 

TorGuard Android App - Google Play v1.59.7 6th May 2021

and it also disconnected so I am using an alternate VPN

1 hour ago, ghostdestroyer said:

If you didn't say anything the post of yours is unrelated to my issues with the TG client quit wasting my time 

Oh, ok, you are just wasting your time by trolling, I guess I understand your issue now :) . Your issue with TG then seems more of psychological nature, you seem to seek for help, I hope you will get helped, but I doubt anybody here can do so.

ghostdestroyer
13 minutes ago, 19807409 said:

Oh, ok, you are just wasting your time by trolling, I guess I understand your issue now :) . Your issue with TG then seems more of psychological nature, you seem to seek for help, I hope you will get helped, but I doubt anybody here can do so.

You have been reported to torguard management

26 minutes ago, ghostdestroyer said:

You have been reported to torguard management

I guess you reported about yourself to TorGuard and I guess you will get a kind reply to stop abusing this ressource, if you moved to other vpn go and spam their ressources instead, your only collaboration here is provocation and trolling. Before you leave, let us know what the result is of your report :), I'll even not ignore you