Rate this question

Support

Question

=================================
The following is a TorGuard Desktop PRODUCTION release, version v4.5.1

Release torguard-v4.5.1, 2021-03-31
===================================
ChangeLog:

- All platforms: fix crash when trying to change server or open Settings widget with old GUI (sorry)
- All platforms: add filter "Dedicated IPs" in Server List Window
====================================

Downloads

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Brainbleach said:

I'm still having issues as well.  Luckily, I have a backup vpn service so i'm not totally screwed but still annoying.  Not to mention I was able to reproduce the issue on a 2nd computer running windows 10.

I think "some" of the issues people are having with the windows client may be related to old* files getting left behind when updating from a old version to a new version. I had some issues but followed the instructions from The other thread for version 4.5.0 left by support and its been working fine... 

Hi - we are investigating - can i ask that you do the following so we can make sure you start fresh.

1) Delete the following folder >> C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VPNetworkLLC renaming "user" to your OS account name.

2) Open Regedit and delete the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VPNetworkLLC

3) Reboot!! <<(important) and then re-download and install the latest build from here https://torguard.net/downloads.php

Let me know how you go.

Regards

Also go into the settings and clean cache - refresh cache.

After i did all that it seems to be running flawlessly for the past few days. Keep in mind CCleaner might be missing things so make sure you follow the directions and "manually" do it so you know it's done right. You can also try resetting your Network Adapter Wifi / Lan whichever you use, i find a network adapter reset sometimes fixes things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dom1no said:

I think "some" of the issues people are having with the windows client may be related to old* files getting left behind when updating from a old version to a new version. I had some issues but followed the instructions from The other thread for version 4.5.0 left by support and its been working fine... 

Hi - we are investigating - can i ask that you do the following so we can make sure you start fresh.

1) Delete the following folder >> C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VPNetworkLLC renaming "user" to your OS account name.

2) Open Regedit and delete the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VPNetworkLLC

3) Reboot!! <<(important) and then re-download and install the latest build from here https://torguard.net/downloads.php

Let me know how you go.

Regards

After i did all that it seems to be running flawlessly for the past few days. Keep in mind CCleaner might be missing things so make sure you follow the directions and "manually" do it so you know it's done right. You can also try resetting your Network Adapter Wifi / Lan whichever you use, i find a network adapter reset sometimes fixes things.

I've tried your suggestions and and it appears to be working. It would seem that my issues were caused by the same problem plaguing you - Left over files from a previous installation. I can now connect flawlessly using any protocol to my dedicated IPs and any other server as well. Thanks so much for this. It should really be part of the Uninstall process for every new version. I'm just going to copy and paste it somewhere for future reference. Thanks you once more, thanks to you I'm up and running again. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dom1no said:

Let me know how you go.

Regards

I can confirm after following your steps, I was able to get things working again.  In my particular case I did have to reboot a second time after re-downloading and installing the latest build.  Wireguard was having handshake issues until I did reboot that second time. 

I appreciate your help!

• Like 1

Thanks for the updates everyone, we will make sure to clear out old settings in future installers to prevent such problems.

Regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a weird issue on 4.5.1 on MacOS Big Sur. I cant get toguard to connect if I click on the menu bar icon and choose connect, it tries to connect and then fails. Every time this happens, I have to click on the icon, click "Show/Hide" and then click connect in the app itself. Also it always switches to OpenVPN when it fails to connect, even when I have been using wireguard for quite some time now. Any fixes for this?

Thank you.

Not sure if it's caused by 4.5.1, but I don't recall this issue happening previously where if I disconnect from the VPN from the tray icon, and click connect again(when I have the default set to WireGuard and my Pinned IP), once disconnected it defaults to OpenVPN, so I can't simply disconnect/reconnect via the tray icon, but have to open up the whole program and switch back to WireGuard after a disconnect.

On 4/10/2021 at 3:42 AM, chantingF said:

I have a weird issue on 4.5.1 on MacOS Big Sur. I cant get toguard to connect if I click on the menu bar icon and choose connect, it tries to connect and then fails. Every time this happens, I have to click on the icon, click "Show/Hide" and then click connect in the app itself. Also it always switches to OpenVPN when it fails to connect, even when I have been using wireguard for quite some time now. Any fixes for this?

Thank you.

We will resolve this In the next release - thanks

10 hours ago, Cytane89 said:

Not sure if it's caused by 4.5.1, but I don't recall this issue happening previously where if I disconnect from the VPN from the tray icon, and click connect again(when I have the default set to WireGuard and my Pinned IP), once disconnected it defaults to OpenVPN, so I can't simply disconnect/reconnect via the tray icon, but have to open up the whole program and switch back to WireGuard after a disconnect.

This will be resolved in the next build. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

I've got a minor bug to report.

It occurs on Windows 10 when you select Wireguard protocol.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Select Wireguard protocol.

2. Connect to any server.

3. Download or upload at least 2 GB of data.

Result:

Transfer counter starts showing 0B (see attached screenshot).

Expected result:

Continue showing correct amount.

TorguardBug.PNG.e5231d46d4a03f3a5daa518eb94532c2.PNG

On 4/12/2021 at 9:12 PM, redport1 said:

Hello,

I've got a minor bug to report.

It occurs on Windows 10 when you select Wireguard protocol.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Select Wireguard protocol.

2. Connect to any server.

3. Download or upload at least 2 GB of data.

Result:

Transfer counter starts showing 0B (see attached screenshot).

Expected result:

Continue showing correct amount.

TorguardBug.PNG.e5231d46d4a03f3a5daa518eb94532c2.PNG

Thanks, we will check this out and see if we can reproduce - are you able to provide a debug log to [email protected]? Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Support said:

Thanks, we will check this out and see if we can reproduce - are you able to provide a debug log to [email protected]? Thanks

I've sent log and more screenshots. Hope it helps :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any of you guys or gals still having problems with this release try the beta version. Has been working like a dream for me...