Support

Question

Support

=================================
The following is a TorGuard Desktop PRODUCTION release, version v4.5.1

Release torguard-v4.5.1, 2021-03-31
===================================
ChangeLog:

- All platforms: fix crash when trying to change server or open Settings widget with old GUI (sorry)
- All platforms: add filter "Dedicated IPs" in Server List Window
====================================

Downloads

• Thanks 1

Support
3 hours ago, Brainbleach said:

I don't have the theme selection on the windows 10 4.5.1 version.  I should not have to edit the registry to get this function to work.  Not to mention sorting servers by proximity no longer works.

This was actually my fault - this was not supposed to be available in this release, it is available via the command line or via your reg edit yes but this was not to be available via the menu until our next build so I apologise for that.

The theme is in a beta stage if you notice any issues or have any suggestions please do let us know - thanks

Regards

Brainbleach

In previous 4.5.0 thread, it said there was a option in settings to use the new gui but I don't see it.

• Like 1
Support
32 minutes ago, Brainbleach said:

In previous 4.5.0 thread, it said there was a option in settings to use the new gui but I don't see it.

It is under the general tab, enable QML GUI and change theme Classic --> Modern.

We will have 2 options here soon, the current one and the iPad type design, its still a work in progress.

Regards

• Thanks 1
Dom1no

The New Version 4.5.1 seems to be working smoother - Thank you! :)

I mentioned a couple months ago in the forums about the QML UI triggering The Nvidia Gaming Overlay but no-one ever replied so i figure i will mention it One last time incase anyone cares. I do not really see it as a problem necessarily... I just did not know if you guys knew about it and i also did not know if it was intended or not... But here is a picture to show you what i mean at least.

it Shows the Frames Per second within the Torguard Application in the corner and triggers the Windows Notification. I have the Overlay For gaming Enabled within the Nvidia settings so i can see FPS in games.

overlayy.jpg

Support
31 minutes ago, Dom1no said:

The New Version 4.5.1 seems to be working smoother - Thank you! :)

I mentioned a couple months ago in the forums about the QML UI triggering The Nvidia Gaming Overlay but no-one ever replied so i figure i will mention it One last time incase anyone cares. I do not really see it as a problem necessarily... I just did not know if you guys knew about it and i also did not know if it was intended or not... But here is a picture to show you what i mean at least.

it Shows the Frames Per second within the Torguard Application in the corner and triggers the Windows Notification. I have the Overlay For gaming Enabled within the Nvidia settings so i can see FPS in games.

overlayy.jpg

Thanks for this, we will check this out :)

• Thanks 1
Support
3 hours ago, kx9134 said:

I don't seem to be able to find the classic or modern option. Just enable or disable QML GUI. 

Do you see the following?

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 22.37.15.png

Ryan437
31 minutes ago, Support said:

No do not have that option on Windows 10

Ashutosh
4 hours ago, kx9134 said:

I don't seem to be able to find the classic or modern option. Just enable or disable QML GUI. 

If you are on linux you can enable the new UI by:

1. Open your TorGuard config file: ~/.config/VPNetworkLLC/TorGuard.conf
2. Look for "showTheme" and set it to "2". If it is not present, just add "showTheme=2" under "[preferences]"
3. If you have not enabled QML GUI pref already, search for "enableQmlGui" and set it to "true" — enableQmlGui=true
4. Open the client

@Support I am also not getting the theme selection option under client settings (see the screenshot) and even the CLI method did not work for me. This is what I ran:

sudo torguard --enable-qml --showTheme 2

And still got the same old UI, I am using Fedora.

torguard-new-qml-gui.png

Stung
1 hour ago, Support said:

I'm not seeing it when using Windows 10 either.

image.png

Dom1no

Confirm Theme Selection Dropdown is missing in Version 4.5.1

I Uinstalled and Removed registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VPNetworkLLC and deleted The Folder Located > C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\VPNetworkLLC
Rebooted and Reinstalled fresh but theme selection dropdown still missing. 

Mine looks exactly how @Stung  picture above looks.

On a positive note besides theme selection missing it seems to be running Awesome.

ext0n
2 hours ago, Support said:

Just updated to v4.5.1 and I don't see the drop down option to change themes

I'm on Windows 10.

123.jpg

Ryan437

Found how to test it on Windows 10

Reg key is located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VPNetworkLLC\TorGuard\preferences the showTheme attribute you can change to 2.

Stung
7 minutes ago, Ryan437 said:

Reg key is located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VPNetworkLLC\TorGuard\preferences the showTheme attribute you can change to 2.

Awesome! Thanks, that worked!

ext0n
On 3/31/2021 at 5:45 PM, Ryan437 said:

It works! Thank you!

Brainbleach

I don't have the theme selection on the windows 10 4.5.1 version.  I should not have to edit the registry to get this function to work.  Not to mention sorting servers by proximity no longer works.

Support
2 minutes ago, Neon said:

@Support

Thanks for that...I guess it kinda takes a load off my mind...

Yes apologies for the confusion 👍

Brainbleach

I actually can't get this version to connect at all in Windows 10.  I've tried open vpn, wireguard, open connect, nothing works.  I've uninstalled application and ran ccleaner to fix any registry errors and then reinstalled and nothing.  

Support
4 hours ago, Brainbleach said:

I actually can't get this version to connect at all in Windows 10.  I've tried open vpn, wireguard, open connect, nothing works.  I've uninstalled application and ran ccleaner to fix any registry errors and then reinstalled and nothing.  

Try the following:

1) Go to more settings --> general tab --> click restore defaults
2) Go to more settings --> general tab --> click Refresh next to Refresh Server List
3) Go to more settings --> network tab --> click clean cache and refresh cache in that order

Let me know how you go. Thanks

Banzai
On 4/1/2021 at 11:40 PM, Brainbleach said:

On 4/2/2021 at 4:36 AM, Support said:

Try the following:

1) Go to more settings --> general tab --> click restore defaults
2) Go to more settings --> general tab --> click Refresh next to Refresh Server List
3) Go to more settings --> network tab --> click clean cache and refresh cache in that order

Let me know how you go. Thanks

To be honest I've been having similar issues. Can't get a connection to any server, even after trying the suggestions. 

Cannot connect to any server, regardless of using Wireguard, OpenConnect or OpenVPN. Tried TCP and UDP using OpenVPN and OpenConnect. UDP constantly stuck on "wait." TCP gives me a red "TCP_connect" indication. Wireguard also constantly stuck at reconnecting. Any further help would be most welcome. 

Support
31 minutes ago, Banzai said:

To be honest I've been having similar issues. Can't get a connection to any server, even after trying the suggestions. 

Cannot connect to any server, regardless of using Wireguard, OpenConnect or OpenVPN. Tried TCP and UDP using OpenVPN and OpenConnect. UDP constantly stuck on "wait." TCP gives me a red "TCP_connect" indication. Wireguard also constantly stuck at reconnecting. Any further help would be most welcome. 

Hey there, under more settings... --> network tab --> if you clean cache and refresh cache, do you see the same thing?

Regards

Banzai
26 minutes ago, Support said:

Hey there, under more settings... --> network tab --> if you clean cache and refresh cache, do you see the same thing?

Regards

I'm afraid so. Seems like I can't get anything to work at all.

Brainbleach
On 4/4/2021 at 4:42 AM, Banzai said:

I'm afraid so. Seems like I can't get anything to work at all.

I'm still having issues as well.  Luckily, I have a backup vpn service so i'm not totally screwed but still annoying.  Not to mention I was able to reproduce the issue on a 2nd computer running windows 10.