TorGuard

Torguard Team - Please FIX your Firefox Extension V2 - It's not usable!

Kins

Question

I'm seeing the other posts on this topic...

On the support case I opened, the agent says he's not seeing any issues reported by other users.

There is obviously a problem with it.

Torguard team, please fix your Firefox Extension V2.

It's not usable.

14 answers to this question

It's clearly our fault because it's being said it can't be reproduced and 4K people have downloaded it and nobody is complaining about these issues that have been brought up here and in other posts.

I tracked part of my problem to CCleaner running after each browser session. I can get it to save credentials and will keep them as long as I don't run CCleaner. So for me, cleaning browser history... for reasons everybody should know about... seems to create a problem. If somebody can consider this as an issue for them, posting about it might get some to look there. Can't seem to get that looked at with support. Just get hoop jumping requests, sorry to say.

Operas built in VPN works, albeit sometimes slow.

Good luck

EDIT: Might should consider ANY security software that may have settings to clear Firefox browser cache and history and session data after closing browser. Still a mess to copy and paste. Seems settings within the addon would save credentials but the setting isn't there that I see.

Edited by 149027_1511348148
add additional info about security software

11 hours ago, 149027_1511348148 said:

It's clearly our fault because it's being said it can't be reproduced and 4K people have downloaded it and nobody is complaining about these issues that have been brought up here and in other posts.

I tracked part of my problem to CCleaner running after each browser session. I can get it to save credentials and will keep them as long as I don't run CCleaner. So for me, cleaning browser history... for reasons everybody should know about... seems to create a problem. If somebody can consider this as an issue for them, posting about it might get some to look there. Can't seem to get that looked at with support. Just get hoop jumping requests, sorry to say.

Operas built in VPN works, albeit sometimes slow.

Good luck

EDIT: Might should consider ANY security software that may have settings to clear Firefox browser cache and history and session data after closing browser. Still a mess to copy and paste. Seems settings within the addon would save credentials but the setting isn't there that I see.

Firstly, if you use ccleaner you will wipe away any settings you set, this is normal and what ccleaner tends to do unless you check what you wish to have cleaned and what you don't which you can do - you hadn't mentioned you had been using ccleaner until now - this explains part of your problem...

Secondly, we can only fix what we can reproduce, if we don't see the problem we can't somehow guess what the problem might be, I see a member of staff has asked to do a TeamViewer session with you to see for ourselves but it seems you might have some other issues with security software.

So by the sounds of it all this issues are to do with external software and settings and not our extension, im not sure what you mean about copy/paste if you can explain?

Thanks

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Support said:

Firstly, if you use ccleaner you will wipe away any settings you set, this is normal and what ccleaner tends to do unless you check what you wish to have cleaned and what you don't which you can do - you hadn't mentioned you had been using ccleaner until now - this explains part of your problem...

Secondly, we can only fix what we can reproduce, if we don't see the problem we can't somehow guess what the problem might be, I see a member of staff has asked to do a TeamViewer session with you to see for ourselves but it seems you might have some other issues with security software.

So by the sounds of it all this issues are to do with external software and settings and not our extension, im not sure what you mean about copy/paste if you can explain?

Thanks

I'm not using any additional software (NO CCLEANER)... just Firefiox 87.0 (64-bit) and Firefox Extension V2.

Again, from the posts, others are having problems.

If you can't reproduce (wondering about your QA processes), are you doing remote sessions for affected users (as I recommend in my support case)?

2 hours ago, Kins said:

I'm not using any additional software (NO CCLEANER)... just Firefiox 87.0 (64-bit) and Firefox Extension V2.

Again, from the posts, others are having problems.

If you can't reproduce (wondering about your QA processes), are you doing remote sessions for affected users (as I recommend in my support case)?

Can you explain your issue exactly?

7 hours ago, Support said:

Can you explain your issue exactly?

All kinds of issues when trying to connect with V2... get "Login failed or verifying IP" and have to add your Torguard credentials over and over again on each failure. When you actually get it working and close the browser / re-open (or even go back to the window after some time)... goes back to "Verifying IP" or "Login failed" again. Other problems...

See my support case... In a note from Torguard Support, apparently your developers are working on fixes.

I got too frustrated and removed V2 and download V1.5 / installed... no issues since.

Again, there are multiple posts on issues with V2... are you not doing any remote sessions to root cause these issues?

57 minutes ago, Kins said:

All kinds of issues when trying to connect with V2... get "Login failed or verifying IP" and have to add your Torguard credentials over and over again on each failure. When you actually get it working and close the browser / re-open (or even go back to the window after some time)... goes back to "Verifying IP" or "Login failed" again. Other problems...

See my support case... In a note from Torguard Support, apparently your developers are working on fixes.

I got too frustrated and removed V2 and download V1.5 / installed... no issues since.

Again, there are multiple posts on issues with V2... are you not doing any remote sessions to root cause these issues?

They've offered to do a team viewer session with me but I don't want all my information for others to see. V1 worked for me well enough. Always had to click icon when opening browser to get it to turn green, just to get it to turn green(didn't have to enter credentials). V2 is a huge pain in the butt. Now they say it's not their fault that CCleaner cleans browser cache and history(for continued privacy). I use security software for remembering my passwords. I don' have to re-login to it every time I close my browser and after CCleaner runs(although there is a setting if I want it to ask to re-login to password manager after a browser close).

Bottom line: V1 worked a certain way and V2 doesn't work without jumping thru hoops and it starts all over again after every restart of the browser if you clean browser session data after close. Even if I don't clean browser data, it still requires extra interaction to get it working that it didn't require with V1. What I'm not understanding is why they just don't add a setting to save credentials that isn't affected by cleaning browser cache. It's possible because again, my security software doesn't lose its info every time I close my browser.

You said you re-installed V1. Could you point to where you downloaded it from because I requested a link from Support and they aren't supplying me with a link to do so.

We just published another build today - please test the new build, we have many who have confirmed issues so far reported are resolved.

Regards

16 hours ago, 149027_1511348148 said:

They've offered to do a team viewer session with me but I don't want all my information for others to see. V1 worked for me well enough. Always had to click icon when opening browser to get it to turn green, just to get it to turn green(didn't have to enter credentials). V2 is a huge pain in the butt. Now they say it's not their fault that CCleaner cleans browser cache and history(for continued privacy). I use security software for remembering my passwords. I don' have to re-login to it every time I close my browser and after CCleaner runs(although there is a setting if I want it to ask to re-login to password manager after a browser close).

Bottom line: V1 worked a certain way and V2 doesn't work without jumping thru hoops and it starts all over again after every restart of the browser if you clean browser session data after close. Even if I don't clean browser data, it still requires extra interaction to get it working that it didn't require with V1. What I'm not understanding is why they just don't add a setting to save credentials that isn't affected by cleaning browser cache. It's possible because again, my security software doesn't lose its info every time I close my browser.

You said you re-installed V1. Could you point to where you downloaded it from because I requested a link from Support and they aren't supplying me with a link to do so.

RE: Could you point to where you downloaded it from because I requested a link from Support and they aren't supplying me with a link to do so.

It appears they removed it from: https://torguard.net/downloads.php .

If needed, I have the file / can drop somewhere.

Let me know.

Going to try the new V2.2 .

Thanks

I was having the exact same problems as many others with V2 flushing credentials and having connection/login issues afterward (and I don't use CCleaner or anything else to automatically clear cache or history), and V2.2 seems to have fixed these things for me, everything is working normally again.

25 minutes ago, minordanzig said:

I was having the exact same problems as many others with V2 flushing credentials and having connection/login issues afterward (and I don't use CCleaner or anything else to automatically clear cache or history), and V2.2 seems to have fixed these things for me, everything is working normally again.

Thanks for letting us know :)

32 minutes ago, Support said:

Thanks for letting us know :)

I saw another version had been released so I gave it a try. Still can only copy and paste one credential and have to then type in other entry from memory. No problem in V1. Icon is orange after reopening browser but it shows connected after clicking icon. Have to disconnect and re-connect to get icon to turn green. So far so good that it re-connects fine. If a re-connect failed then credentials were lost. Don't yet know if that will happen since it hasn't happened yet with new version. I use CCleaner after browser close and it doesn't seem to cause any problems ATM. Getting better but still.....

5 minutes ago, 149027_1511348148 said:

I saw another version had been released so I gave it a try. Still can only copy and paste one credential and have to then type in other entry from memory. No problem in V1. Icon is orange after reopening browser but it shows connected after clicking icon. Have to disconnect and re-connect to get icon to turn green. So far so good that it re-connects fine. If a re-connect failed then credentials were lost. Don't yet know if that will happen since it hasn't happened yet with new version. I use CCleaner after browser close and it doesn't seem to cause any problems ATM. Getting better but still.....

I will pass to the relevant team to have a look into these.

Regards

Also having issues with versions 2.0 and 2.1 and have a support ticket open.

They seem to have fixed my first issue I complained about (login not working in private windows) but the following issues remain.

1) Leaks DNS
2) In a regular Firefox window it saves the login details for the current session but after closing Firefox and reopening it, Torguard shows "Login Failed" and asks for login information again. It works again after entering the login information again but this is poor as it encourages poor strength passwords (because you have to enter it all the time).
3) When opening a private window you need to enter the login details each time. This is bad for the same reasons as the last issue.

EDIT: These issues all occur with a clean browser (no extensions other than Torguard) and no CCleaner or other such apps.