TorGuard

Why did Torguard break the Firefox Extension V2?

149027_1511348148

Question

Version 1 of the Torguard Firefox extension at least appeared to work. V2 is a very sad replacement.

• It doesn't save your credentials. V1 saved credentials.
  • Entering credentials is ridiculous because if you copy and paste ones secure password one is forced to hand type in the username BECAUSE if you click outside the browser the Torguard signin window disappears. When you click the icon to open the Torguard window ALL of what your first entered(username or password) is now gone. Who broke this and why?
  • It defaults to Romania after every browser restart instead of remembering the location previously set.

I know I'm not the only one having this issue. I'm using Firefox 87 x64. It doesn't make sense to go backward with updates unless it can be explained why the choice was made to go in a backward direction.

I haven't even addressed the problems with Wireguard. Change for the sake of change is not a good thing. Change is always suppose to make things better. Sadly this happens all to often with other things.

3 answers to this question

Did you open a support ticket to let them know and to get a response from them?

The new Firefox extension was only released 4 days ago and it was given a large overhaul from the looks of it surely they plan to fix any bugs people find but you have to let them know. I am sure they will be releasing a new version with fixes to any bugs people find but like i say it has only been out for 4 days so i would recommend talking with them and then they might give you an ETA for fixes.

I think their main avenue of support is through the ticket system the forums less so, from what i have seen the forums is more community based as they do not post here much....

On 3/28/2021 at 3:36 AM, 149027_1511348148 said:

Version 1 of the Torguard Firefox extension at least appeared to work. V2 is a very sad replacement.

• It doesn't save your credentials. V1 saved credentials.
  • Entering credentials is ridiculous because if you copy and paste ones secure password one is forced to hand type in the username BECAUSE if you click outside the browser the Torguard signin window disappears. When you click the icon to open the Torguard window ALL of what your first entered(username or password) is now gone. Who broke this and why?
  • It defaults to Romania after every browser restart instead of remembering the location previously set.

I know I'm not the only one having this issue. I'm using Firefox 87 x64. It doesn't make sense to go backward with updates unless it can be explained why the choice was made to go in a backward direction.

I haven't even addressed the problems with Wireguard. Change for the sake of change is not a good thing. Change is always suppose to make things better. Sadly this happens all to often with other things.

Hello,

Can you try with a new browser profile? maybe there is some weird cache thing going on there? I don't see these issues myself - it would help to do a TeamViewer with any user having such issues.

Regards