TorGuard

MLB.TV?

Rate this topic

randerto

randerto

I can only find old threads on this topic and as it's a dynamic topic, I wanted to check and see if anyone with the Torguard VPN has had any luck using it in combination with the MLB.TV streaming service to avoid local blackouts?  With the 2021 MLB season approaching in just over a week, this seems like a timely topic.  The older threads from 2018 indicate users were finding that MLB.TV was detecting Torguard VPN but perhaps not other VPN's - but that was now 3 years ago - much has changed.

• 2 weeks later...
Support
On 3/20/2021 at 2:12 PM, randerto said:

I can only find old threads on this topic and as it's a dynamic topic, I wanted to check and see if anyone with the Torguard VPN has had any luck using it in combination with the MLB.TV streaming service to avoid local blackouts?  With the 2021 MLB season approaching in just over a week, this seems like a timely topic.  The older threads from 2018 indicate users were finding that MLB.TV was detecting Torguard VPN but perhaps not other VPN's - but that was now 3 years ago - much has changed.

I would contact support on [email protected] - Im sure they can help you out.

Regards

randerto

I just sent a note to that email.  Was also hoping any others on this forum could report back a more recent test with Torguard VPN and MLB.TV since the MLB season will start in two days - timely indeed.  With all the RSN's cutting ties with all the Streaming TV services (e.g. YouTube TV, Hulu Live, etc...), it would be very timely to know if anyone has tried Torguard VPN to get around the local blackout restrictions associated with an MLB.TV subscription.  All crazy stuff to just try and watch your local MLB team this season...

java007md

Not having any success so far this year. Worked fine in 2020. Will submit a ticket, but will also watch this thread for updates.

Is there a SmartDNS configuration with Torguard?

madman660

I have used torguard with MLB.tv to avoid local blackouts for 3 years now, but its not working for 2021 season so far it appears MLB.tv has updated their systems to detect VPNs. I would love a workaround.