TorGuard

Future For The Streaming Bundle?

Rate this topic

BeanJr

So yesterday, news dropped on a lot of popular outlets like Global News here in Canada, and NBC News in the US, about how Netflix is cracking down on people who use other people's Netflix accounts. This made me think, will this affect the streaming bundle, given the nature of how dedicated IPs work, and that your IP will be vastly different from your home country? There is obviously a lot we still don't know, but I wanted to get opinions on this. Thoughts?

Dom1no

I think the highlight of that news story is the part that says Netflix may ask you to verify yourself by sending you a text so if your the account owner your netflix account would be linked to your phone so if netflix sends you a verification Alert to your phone that says "someone just logged into your account was this you? and there might be a code you have to type in to verify its "your" account. 

So as long as the account is linked to your phone and you can Verify! the logins* then you will likely be okay,,,, but if you skip verification then it states after multiple verification skips you may need to create a new account as yours may get flagged for sharing abuse.

So as long as it's linked to your phone and you can do the verification every time it asks i think you will be fine, but if you skip the verification too many times that might be bad. 

Long story short I'd say this is only bad news for people sharing Netflix accounts with people NOT in the same house, because if your not in the same house then it will be hard to "verify" each login* as you might need to rely on someone else to Verify and they might not.... So if its your account and its linked to your phone I'd say theres not much to worry about.

BeanJr

ahhh okay, I forgot all about that aspect of SMS verification. I guess I got worried all for nothing.

Sometimes it is unbelievable how the logic of some is (I mean here Netflix). First some accuse vpn providers because some other companies decided to mark those ip's and took the right to say that they do not allow that IP service as it somehow is a problem for them, then they require you connecting your life and friends for free and as last they want to make it non free anymore and ensure they enforce you and your family to pay, wonderful business concept right, I just would like to see trolls storming netflix and such alike asking why the error instead of vpn providers.

Then we have Netflix, which supports different questionable agendas, bans movies based on pretty dirty topics, like child abuse is probably just one of them, but not diving deep, they did decide to support political bias and it resulted in them banning movies and people, destroying their lives in many cases. Netflix even removed Mr. Bean, who would not know Mr. Bean might think it is something dangerous, but another platform, amazons prime immediately offered it together with other movies. In short words, I think those who pay for netflix, they waste their money even if it is thrown away even if somebody shares, but if somebody earns, then those earn on inequality and suffering of other and all of it in name of politics who most support until they understand what exactly it is. That you can get ALL movies and it is YOU who can choose what to watch, they pay to some real streaming services and some real people who offer you services instead of those clowns and netflix keyboard warriors. Those services will also not block you for deciding if you care about your privacy or not, they will also not suddenly remove movies because it became suddenly political task, there will be no people beating on you on the street if you express something about those other companies, etc..., etc.... .

As for everybody who is dependant on Netflix, Twitter and other crap, just stop using VPN and open all doors to the govs as that is anyway ultimately what will happen when you make such dependencies like those services. VPN providers made good money by that, but this boom is slowly reaching its peaks and from now on it will go down, just look at what all countries do, they look into possibilities to create own services. By that, be prepared that you actually might not be able to access your services from all countries (like in China) and that very soon (actually it is, redefined as censoring and fact checking for which those boards never released publicly their procedures).