TorGuard

port forwarding

Rate this question

Goodman123

Question

Goodman123

so i am new to port forwarding and would like to ask, should i put in a ticket to get ports or should i use this tool Client Area  - TorGuard ? And if i should use this tool how do i? When you put in your ip and everything it configures a output. Where do i put the output? Again sorry new to this. Capture.thumb.PNG.797971dfe5beb3d06e90600d5be8e942.PNG

544667.PNG

7 answers to this question

Dom1no

That is the Config Generation Page meant to Create Configuration files, Configuration Files can go into "some" routers so you can run VPN on your whole Network or they can be used in other situations as well but if you are using the Windows Torguard Application then you will not need to Make any Config Files. that is not the port forwarding page.

Port Fowarward options can be found Here > https://torguard.net/clientarea.php?action=products

It lists your product and on the right side of the page is a "manage" drop down button click manage and it will show you port forward link.

Goodman123

Dom1no thank you so much. So for example when i request should it look like this? And also do i put my ip address when im connected to my vpn.89898.thumb.PNG.8abcf919969cc4b510f40dd2a6c2fc98.PNG

Dom1no

Yes you need to Insert the "specific" IP that you are connected to ,, to open ports on that specific server. Be sure to open ports for UDP and TCP both if needed.

Torguard has Pretty good Support so if you need any help be sure to send them a support ticket* and they will help you with anything you need :)

P.S. Make sure your opening the correct port as well you have tcp:4443 listed as the port to open but that might not be right, 4443 is the stealth Protocol Port. So be sure to double check.

Goodman123

ok thank you Dom1no, i just listed that one because it says "all ports must be higher than 2048". But thank you for the great info. 

TorDingus

Newbie (non-technical) trying to follow this to enable remote Plex Server access on a desktop. How do you determine the correct port to utilize?...in reference to Dom1no above. Also to open both UDP and TCP ports do I submit two separate Port Forward requests? Is the IP adddress the one I pin for use? Thx.

Dom1no

The port to open is whatever port is setup within Plex to use. You will need to figure out the port set inside Plex and that is the one to open,, 

On the Port Forward page to open ports you select TCP then enter Port # and click the Green + ,, Then select UDP and enter Port # and click the green + and it should display both UDP/TCP both* in the box at the same time.

And yes you will want to Pin* The IP within the Torguard application so that it uses only the IP you opened the ports on.

Here is an example*

65657.jpg

TorDingus
On 3/21/2021 at 4:41 PM, Dom1no said:

The port to open is whatever port is setup within Plex to use. You will need to figure out the port set inside Plex and that is the one to open,, 

On the Port Forward page to open ports you select TCP then enter Port # and click the Green + ,, Then select UDP and enter Port # and click the green + and it should display both UDP/TCP both* in the box at the same time.

And yes you will want to Pin* The IP within the Torguard application so that it uses only the IP you opened the ports on.

Here is an example*

65657.jpg

Thanks for the assistance. I will give this a try.