TorGuard

Best country to view IPTV?

Rate this question

furiousisback

Question

furiousisback

What is the best country to connect to see IPTV without breaks? I already connected to Portugal but I had buffering. They say the best is the united kingdom, confirm? Or which servers can handle iptv better. They should say how many servers each country has like other vpns, a country that has only one server is not so good compared to one that has several. I'm sure the Portugal server doesn't have that many servers, so it gets more overloaded. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Dom1no

when using a VPN the best rule of thumb is to connect to locations Near you! the closer you are to the VPN location the lower the Ping and often faster the speeds so if you live in the USA you will get best results connecting to USA locations. However if you Connect to a location Very* far away your ping/speed will suffer... 

I do not use IPTV but if i did i would connect to a location closest to me which would help with speed/ping/buffering. Most VPN locations have multiple IP's , you mention Portugal having only 1 but it appears to have 4 .... Portugal has 4 servers/IP's. When you connect to a location say Portugal the Torguard Application Randomly assigns you one of the IP's for that location so just because there is only 1 Portugal Location that does not mean there is only 1 server, in-fact there are 4.

You can use google and search hostname to ip convert and you can go to a site to convert the location for example say Portugal which is >>>  pg.torguard.com  , when you convert the hostname location you can see all the IP's available for that location so when you convert the Portugal Location it says there are 4 IP's for that location, i will post a picture to show you. So as you can see Portugal has 4 different IP's so if one is slow... disconnect/connect and connect to a different one and speeds might be better however like i say if Portugal is not close to you then you can not expect speeds/ping to be super awesome. Think of each different IP as it's own server. But to answer which country is best for IPTV i would say whichever one is closest to you....

978978.jpg

furiousisback

Yes, I have seen it and there are 4, i appreciate that explanation, because I didn't know any of that. And in total how many servers / ips, has the torguard? More than 3000 as it says on the website?

just as a note, you do not 3rd party services to get that info, probably the easiest is nslookup:

nslookup pg.torguard.com

results in

nslookup pg.torguard.com
Server:		127.0.0.53
Address:	127.0.0.53#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:	pg.torguard.com
Address: 94.46.179.80
Address: 94.46.179.75
Address: 94.46.179.65
Address: 94.46.179.70

With the rest I agree with a previous answer give to you by @Dom1no. Look for the one closest to you. If you use one IP for IPTV, do not request port forward on that IP as then you will not be able to connect with all your devices, if iptv provider blocks shared ips which some do, just drop them email and say they should whitelist this ip for your account which all of them normally do.

furiousisback

Thanks for the information. I’m in Portugal, I’ve already tested on purevpn, ipvanish, and here on torguard, and the portugal server buffered the 3 vpns, if you connect to the country england you don’t do buffering, today I tested all day on torguard, england server, and I didn't have buffering. Will the English servers are more powerful. If it is for what you say, the portugal server is the one that should work best, it is the one that is closest.