TorGuard

Suggestions for Streaming Bundle

Rate this question

BeanJr

Question

Hi there,

I'm a happy customer and love how the streaming bundle gives two DEDICATED IPs you can use for streaming. The other day I was searching on Unogs and saw some movies and shows are not available in the US or UK, but are available in France. So, it got me thinking, what if TG allowed add-ons for the streaming bundle so you can add another IP slot for say, $8, or something? Yes, I could probably switch temporarily to another VPN like We to watch stuff not available in my two countries (not including my home country)

Does anyone else see value in something like this?

I think the next best thing right now is to get the Pro bundle with the extra dedicated IP, but if I'm correct, that would involve you logging out from your client and logging in to the other "account" or package to make use of that address, which I imagine would create more hassle than it's worth.

4 answers to this question

Dom1no

when you purchase a dedicated or streaming IP you get an email with some instructions and you can just go into the Torguard Client usually they show up in the server selections page*  automatically i think but you may need to type them in, the email you get has detailed instructions.  

No need for multiple Torguard accounts you only need the one, If you Contact Support Via ticket they can assist you just let them know what you would like and they can surely add it to your existing account.

Right, but the streaming bundle comes with two IPs. My suggestion aims to have the option of adding additional slots through the purchase of add-ons, similar to how the other packages work.

Dom1no

I would imagine that if you Contact Support by making a ticket they can assist you....yes. I would imagine you can customize things.

On 2/24/2021 at 4:55 AM, BeanJr said:

Hi there,

I'm a happy customer and love how the streaming bundle gives two DEDICATED IPs you can use for streaming. The other day I was searching on Unogs and saw some movies and shows are not available in the US or UK, but are available in France. So, it got me thinking, what if TG allowed add-ons for the streaming bundle so you can add another IP slot for say, $8, or something? Yes, I could probably switch temporarily to another VPN like We to watch stuff not available in my two countries (not including my home country)

Does anyone else see value in something like this?

I think the next best thing right now is to get the Pro bundle with the extra dedicated IP, but if I'm correct, that would involve you logging out from your client and logging in to the other "account" or package to make use of that address, which I imagine would create more hassle than it's worth.

About 'Involve you logging out from your client and logging in to the other "account"': Actually not, quite all vpn protocols can be configured to use multiple connections, I guess with wireguard it would be easiest, as you can add even 8 connections to one and the same client to which X amount of devices connect and have those 8 differently defined according to your needs and you do not need to disconnect at all. You could use your router or cheap SoC board like raspberry pi4 for 8 simultan torguard connection as well as lets say additional X and the number can be quite high, that high, that you can actually use all vpn providers of this world in one config on one device.

As example, on your device torguard ip which you use in your config as main one is peer1, where you do not configure allowed ips to 0.0.0.0 but instead only to those which you want to go over it.

Then you add another providers peer as second one and configure ips which you want to go over it.

Actually very simple and stable working.