TorGuard

Using TorGuard for 5 years and now facing issues connecting

Rate this question

Sups

Question

I am an avid TorGuard fan.

It has never given me any issues, until now. In the past, I have installed it on Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, 2016, and even 2019.

However lately, I tried installing it on 'Windows Server 2019 Standard Evaluation' and everything I do seems to fail. First, I am connecting to this server via RDP. When I installed Torguard and connected, it does not connect, and at the same time throws me out of RDP. The only option is to restart the server as TorGuard takes complete control and RDP just cannot work anymore. Worst, even Torguard doesn't connect.

I tried the newer version, latest version (with default settings), older version (Nov 2020) with default settings, changed DNS. Tried everything I could. I even lost 3 TB of data in the process as I reformatted my disk and screwed up one of my parititions, just to make Torguard work.

But it didn't.

Fed up and after losing over 36 hours of work, I hope this forum will let me know what am I doing wrong and why won't Torguard work on Windows Server 2019 Standard Evaluation version.

7 answers to this question

Hello,

1) If you connect to torguard on the server and try to access this server remotely via RDP without port forwarding then yes you will get disconnected - you have to port forward to gain access remotely while VPN is connected.

2) Re the connection issue, of course theres a vast number of reason why this might happen, can I suggest try the steps below?

--Go to more settings --> general tab --> click restore defaults
--Go to more settings --> general tab --> click Refresh next to Refresh Server List
--Go to more settings --> network tab --> click clean cache and refresh cache in that order
--Reinstall the latest build https://torguard.net/downloads.php and retest please (if you haven't already).

Let me know how you go. Thanks

Regards

It isn't just you. TorGuard has completely stopped working for me under all circumstances. WireGuard, OpenVPN, different clients, different OSes. Sometimes it works but 99% of the time it receives no packets after trying to connect.

As far as I'm concerned TorGuard has turned into a total scam. DO NOT TRUST THEM, THEY ARE LYING TO YOU.

1 hour ago, gojs0042 said:

It isn't just you. TorGuard has completely stopped working for me under all circumstances. WireGuard, OpenVPN, different clients, different OSes. Sometimes it works but 99% of the time it receives no packets after trying to connect.

As far as I'm concerned TorGuard has turned into a total scam. DO NOT TRUST THEM, THEY ARE LYING TO YOU.

Honestly my Friend If what your saying was True the forums would be overloaded with people saying the same thing yet ... it isn't.

I use Torguard Daily and i am not experiencing any issues... I would Recommend Opening a Support Ticket and trying to ask for help, because it is likely something on your end. 
Maybe your Computer just needs to be formatted and cleaned up or maybe Antivirus is blocking things or firewall .. Maybe you need to uninstall Torguard using an Uninstaller tool to Clean any remnants left behind by Old versions you previously used. Maybe your Internet Provider is Blocking VPN Connections, Honestly it could be any number of things but like i say .... for MOST other people it is working the same as it always has no issues which would lead me to think it has to be something* on your end.

14 hours ago, gojs0042 said:

Its odd that for someone who has no support tickets logs into the forums claiming he has a problem and then suggests we are scammers? wouldn't it be more helpful that you lodged a support ticket?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gojs0042 said:

Based on what evidence? Just because you're having problems with your own network, doesn't mean TorGuard is at fault or are scamming customers. I've been a customer for many years and have not had significant issues such as what you described and the support team has always resolved any problems I had. If anything you said is true there would be more people saying the same thing.