TorGuard

- All platforms: display a notification every 60 seconds if the VPN is not running.

Rate this question

Zelf24

Question

Is it possible to enable an option to turn this notification off?  I had to disable Windows notifications for the app because it was spamming me so much.

I have traditionally always left Torguard running (while disconnected) in the Windows taskbar / Mac menubar, and activate it "at-will" when necessary.  I feel that I have set up enough rules to terminate relevant apps if Torguard's VPN is not active; I don't need to constantly be harassed by it every 60 seconds.

This automatic 'every 60 seconds' notification also runs in direct contrast to those who check the "Auto start on boot", but leave "Auto connect at launch" unchecked.

I am aware of the option to Enable / Disable Notifications within the Settings.  I don't want to disable notifications completely, as I like Torguard notifying me when I intentionally take certain actions (Disconnect/Connect, etc) or when errors occur that cause a random disconnect.  I just don't need it telling me "You are not protected!  the VPN is not connected..." every 60 seconds.  I am well aware.

Thank you for an otherwise great product.

2 answers to this question

Support
13 hours ago, Zelf24 said:

Is it possible to enable an option to turn this notification off?  I had to disable Windows notifications for the app because it was spamming me so much.

I have traditionally always left Torguard running (while disconnected) in the Windows taskbar / Mac menubar, and activate it "at-will" when necessary.  I feel that I have set up enough rules to terminate relevant apps if Torguard's VPN is not active; I don't need to constantly be harassed by it every 60 seconds.

This automatic 'every 60 seconds' notification also runs in direct contrast to those who check the "Auto start on boot", but leave "Auto connect at launch" unchecked.

I am aware of the option to Enable / Disable Notifications within the Settings.  I don't want to disable notifications completely, as I like Torguard notifying me when I intentionally take certain actions (Disconnect/Connect, etc) or when errors occur that cause a random disconnect.  I just don't need it telling me "You are not protected!  the VPN is not connected..." every 60 seconds.  I am well aware.

Thank you for an otherwise great product.

I have passed this to our developers to see what they can do - thanks