TorGuard

Android Wireguard app doesn't work with torguard config.

Rate this topic

Krispy

I use the Wireguard Android app, or atleast I'm trying to use it to connect to the Torguard service.  I do this because I have another personal VPN setup in the app and having one app would be nice.  Anyhoo, I use the config generator to make a wireguard config file, load it to the phone and connect.  It works fine for about a day then it cannot connect anymore.  The Torguard app connects fine, and my other VPN in the Wireguard app works fine.   I've made a few wireguard configs and all act the same way.

Dom1no

If you generate a config file it stays operational as long as you connect to it within 12 hours i believe it is. So if it is inactive for 12 or more hours you need to generate a new config. 

I run my wireguard config in my router and it has been running 24/7 for weeks now as the router keeps the config active, obviously you are not running it in a router so the only solution would be to connect to it at least once every 12 hours to keep it active or generate a new one.

I am not sure if it is still 12 hours specifically your best bet is to open a support ticket and ask because it has changed a couple times i think so incase it has changed it would be good to get an up to date answer.

On 2/5/2021 at 3:12 AM, Krispy said:

I use the Wireguard Android app, or atleast I'm trying to use it to connect to the Torguard service.  I do this because I have another personal VPN setup in the app and having one app would be nice.  Anyhoo, I use the config generator to make a wireguard config file, load it to the phone and connect.  It works fine for about a day then it cannot connect anymore.  The Torguard app connects fine, and my other VPN in the Wireguard app works fine.   I've made a few wireguard configs and all act the same way.

wireguard is kinda peer based vpn, you can have one config with all your peers. On wireguard app on android, it is possible to have only one active wireguard connection (interface), meaning that if you want your home network to be connected too, where you use torguard simply for everything else/undefined, then you can easily do it by properly configuring your config. Here I described it.

Your problem about working/non working is the api, save full api of that public key which you use in your browser's bookmarks, if it gets invalidated, you can then easily open that url and reactivate it, then reconnect, immediately it will work.